Hydroxychloroquine Has About 90 Percent Chance Of Helping

LucyL

I think the zpak is doing the heavy lifting while HCQ is just chillin or having some mild anti viral effects. Secondary bacterial infection seems to be the main culprit here.

You might be correct - in light of this review
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanrhe/article/PIIS2665-9913(20)30378-7/fulltext
Interpretation
We found no evidence of a difference in COVID-19 mortality among people who received hydroxychloroquine for treatment of rheumatological disease before the COVID-19 outbreak in England.
Though it did include this tidbit:
In unadjusted analyses, regular users of hydroxychloroquine had a decreased risk of COVID-19 mortality (HR 0·78, 95% CI 0·60–1·00, figure 4). After adjusting for age and sex, there was no longer any evidence of association (HR 1·08, 0·84–1·40).

Pablo Cruise

What are the common side effects you've observed?
You would have to read the data yourself. I have seen people for RA for many years with no side effects. One requirement though was to have an eye exam yearly for cornea disease. Let me say this, this drug was good yesterday and for years before. The negative comments are so political and tortuous I prefer not to say no more.

Pablo Cruise

To the HCQ doubters out there, try some brilliant experts, like Dr Peter McCullough and Dr Harvey Risch. These guys have nothing in the game. In law it is said they do not have a vested interest in the HCQ discussion. These are the guys I listen too. I know in medicine you can pick a study or two and prove whatever you want. I discount the study previously mentioned here.

P

Peatness

You would have to read the data yourself. I have seen people for RA for many years with no side effects. One requirement though was to have an eye exam yearly for cornea disease. Let me say this, this drug was good yesterday and for years before. The negative comments are so political and tortuous I prefer not to say no more.
Thank you for your reply. I knew a guy who took hydroxychloroquine when traveling abroad for malaria and got very depressed. He is British so I don't think he has the ususal genetic vulnerabilities associated with the drug. What is the explanation for this reaction in some people?

Pablo Cruise

The explanation is this, any drug can cause almost any side effect. It depends on one's own body. It is no different than being allergic to PCN except a larger number of people are sensitive to PCN or penicillin.

OP
B

Birdie

@Pablo Cruise thank you for all your comments. Really appreciate