Hydrogenated Coconut Oil German/European Source

Mauritio

You shouldnt take that as face value. Typically coconut oil is 80-90% sfa no more or less.
Do you have any source for that ?
Most vendors claim to have 92-95 %sfa, and 0.5-1,5% pufa .

Momado965

Do you have any source for that ?
Most vendors claim to have 92-95 %sfa, and 0.5-1,5% pufa .

Yes I do. Wiki is not a source but there will be a chart. For actual sources you can simply google coconut oil composition and look at the studies. Im certwin you’ll find coconut oil is somewhere between 80-90 % sfa. In my experience the virgin ones are the most saturated.

Mauritio

Yes I do. Wiki is not a source but there will be a chart. For actual sources you can simply google coconut oil composition and look at the studies. Im certwin you’ll find coconut oil is somewhere between 80-90 % sfa. In my experience the virgin ones are the most saturated.
I asked the vendor for an analysis
Maybe I just got a good batch...

OP
milkboi

milkboi

Just made some awesome fries and fried formerly low fat mozzeralla (proteinella) with palmin

OP
milkboi

milkboi

Sehr geehrter Herr Glanz,

vielen Dank für Ihre E-Mail.

Gern teilen wir Ihnen mit, dass Palmin® aus 100 % Kokosfett besteht. Das Fettsäurespektrum setzt sich wie folgt zusammen:

C-06 Capronsäure 0,6 %

C-08 Capyrlsäure 7,6 %

C-10 Caprinsäure 5,7 %

C-12 Laurinsäure 47,5 %

C-14 Myristinsäure 17,7 %

C-16 Palmitinsäure 9,5 %

C-16-1 Palmitoleinsäure < 0,1 %

C-17 Margarinsäure < 0,1 %

C-17-1 Heptadecensäure< 0,1 %

C-18 Stearinsäure 7,1 %

C-18-1 Ölsäure 3,5 %

C-18-2 Linolsäure 0,8 %

C-18-3 Linolensäure < 0,1 %

C-20 Arachinsäure 0,1 %

Hierbei handelt es sich um ein einziges Analysenzertifikat. Grundsätzlich können natürlich Schwankungen auftreten.

Auf der Verpackung verwenden wir Durchschnittswerte. Der Anteil an gesättigten Fettsäuren liegt bei ca. 97 %, der an einfach ungesättigten Fettsäuren bei 2 % und der an mehrfach ungesättigten Fettsäuren bei 1 %.

OP
milkboi

milkboi

English translation:

We are happy to inform you that Palmin® consists of 100% coconut fat. The fatty acid spectrum is composed as follows:

C-06 caproic acid 0.6%

C-08 Capric Acid 7.6%

C-10 Capric Acid 5.7%

C-12 Lauric Acid 47.5%

C-14 myristic acid 17.7%

C-16 palmitic acid 9.5%

C-16-1 palmitoleic acid <0.1%

C-17 Margarine acid <0.1%

C-17-1 heptadecenoic acid <0.1%

C-18 stearic acid 7.1%

C-18-1 oleic acid 3.5%

C-18-2 linoleic acid 0.8%

C-18-3 linolenic acid <0.1%

C-20 arachidic acid 0.1%

This is a single certificate of analysis. In principle, of course, fluctuations may occur.

On the packaging we use average values. The proportion of saturated fatty acids is about 97%, that of monounsaturated fatty acids at 2% and that of polyunsaturated fatty acids at 1%.

Mauritio

Sehr geehrter Herr Glanz,

vielen Dank für Ihre E-Mail.

Gern teilen wir Ihnen mit, dass Palmin® aus 100 % Kokosfett besteht. Das Fettsäurespektrum setzt sich wie folgt zusammen:

C-06 Capronsäure 0,6 %

C-08 Capyrlsäure 7,6 %

C-10 Caprinsäure 5,7 %

C-12 Laurinsäure 47,5 %

C-14 Myristinsäure 17,7 %

C-16 Palmitinsäure 9,5 %

C-16-1 Palmitoleinsäure < 0,1 %

C-17 Margarinsäure < 0,1 %

C-17-1 Heptadecensäure< 0,1 %

C-18 Stearinsäure 7,1 %

C-18-1 Ölsäure 3,5 %

C-18-2 Linolsäure 0,8 %

C-18-3 Linolensäure < 0,1 %

C-20 Arachinsäure 0,1 %

Hierbei handelt es sich um ein einziges Analysenzertifikat. Grundsätzlich können natürlich Schwankungen auftreten.

Auf der Verpackung verwenden wir Durchschnittswerte. Der Anteil an gesättigten Fettsäuren liegt bei ca. 97 %, der an einfach ungesättigten Fettsäuren bei 2 % und der an mehrfach ungesättigten Fettsäuren bei 1 %.

Thanks so much!

So , a little summary about palmin:
-Its pressed ,doesn't use hexane in production
-It has less pufa
-It still has all the beneficial acids of CO (e.g. lauric acid)
-It is recommended by peat
-It costs much less then regular coconut oil
Did I forget something?

Now I really don't see why this wouldn't be a better alternative to regular coconut oil in every way...

Last edited:

LeeLemonoil

I use it since it was first discussed here on RPF that Peat prefers hydrogenated over regular. 2 years ago or so.

Mauritio

I use it since it was first discussed here on RPF that Peat prefers hydrogenated over regular. 2 years ago or so.
Do you experience any benefits ?

Haha. I'd still like a 0 PUFA CO tho. Maybe @Momado965 's vegetaline fits the bill.

Its such hardcore Coco-augment,for 50g of product 500mg PUFA is pretty much
losing the shackles of pufa,pufa-freedom.
And 30 percent of that is subjected directly to Beta-Oxidation and gets "burned".

OP
milkboi

milkboi

Its such hardcore Coco-augment,for 50g of product 500mg PUFA is pretty much
losing the shackles of pufa,pufa-freedom.
And 30 percent of that is subjected directly to Beta-Oxidation and gets "burned".

Yeah I'm obsessive like that. ;)

LeeLemonoil

I also use the non-hydrogenated cubes from Kaufland and vergine stuff. Palmin mostly for frying, the Cube since softer for baking suplanted with butterschmalz and virgins when the taste is desired. I feel good and healthy since canceling most of the vegetable oils and margarine some 5 years ago but I used to eat heavy PUFA before, almost 30 years. Well, I’m fairly healthy for my age so I don’t complain.
I still use olive oil thoug, can’t live without it in my Mediterranean diet Doppelleben

boris

@LeeLemonoil Oh yeah, the silver cubes of regular Kokosfett from Landkost. I saw them yesterday at the supermarket. Non hydrogenated even cheaper alternative if you are on a budget. 250g for only 1€

I saw Butterschmalz too for the first time. But I saw that Butterschmalz = Butter + nitrogen
Don't know if it dissipates when frying or something like that. I have no understanding of nitrogen, just that nitric oxide is not Peaty as far as I know. Is nitrogen questionable?

@milkboi Hydrogenated Olive Oil - Buy Olive Oil Product on Alibaba.com I think they make it for cosmetics

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals