Hydrogen Water - Insanely Strong Reaction

Mauritio

I have collected some info today on H2 ,it still seems promising to me . So I ordered the tablets

Emerging mechanisms and novel applications of hydrogen gas therapy

Molecular Hydrogen Alleviates Cellular Senescence in Endothelial Cells. - PubMed - NCBI

Pilot study of H₂ therapy in Parkinson's disease: a randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial. - PubMed - NCBI

Also two case reports from the h2 facebook group that i found scrolling through:

"Cori Dickson I have Fibromyalgia and other illnesses.
This has truly changed my life!!

Hi Jamie, I've been using my machine for about a year now and it's truly blessed me.
I first noticed my energy levels have really increased, which is massive for me!
It has helped with my body pain and also brain fog.
It also helps with weight loss and anti aging.
I'm going to try to start rinsing my face and soaking wet hydrogen on my face and try that out.
I've seen results with sun burns, skin irritations and even surgical wound healing too.
If you soak a towel or shirt and wear it, re soak and apply through as needed, it heals the irritation much quicker.
There is still so much to learn and gain from using this.
But, I've really learned that the more you drink the more it heals the inflammation from within.
If you ever have any questions please feel free to ask, God bless "

"Mary Sisel In my opinion, and based on science, yes. Using H2 has changed the lives of 2 different 17 year old autistic boys. Amazing stories. My friends lives have been changed. That is only 1 story."

Last edited:

lampofred

Interesting. I wonder why Hydrogen water tablets that I used slowed down my breathing, to LONG deep breaths... similar to high dose Biotin... Could it be increasing CO2 production?
@haidut

It might be lowering serotonin. I think things that lower serotonin slow down breathing. And things that lower serotonin also increase glucose use and mitochondrial respiration, increasing CO2. CO2 lowers serotonin and lowering serotonin increases CO2 in a positive feedback loop.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
It might be lowering serotonin. I think things that lower serotonin slow down breathing. And things that lower serotonin also increase glucose use and mitochondrial respiration, increasing CO2. CO2 lowers serotonin and lowering serotonin increases CO2 in a positive feedback loop.

I think so. I might give it another run after exams. This time I will have sugar on stand by.

My breathing was drastically deeper... I wonder if it hurt my electrolyte balance in some way. Maybe it crashed my low sodium.

Yi at LDT

Be warry of tablets and DO NOT attempt to make hyrdogen rich water from magnesium and malic acid. A lot of 'pure' magnesium rods have arsenic added to them and most supplemental magnesium is naturally high in arsenuc ie hydrogen tablets. I found this out the hard way and ended up in ED..

I would love to try hydrogen inhalation, the thought of blowing my lungs up has really stuck in my head.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Be warry of tablets and DO NOT attempt to make hyrdogen rich water from magnesium and malic acid. A lot of 'pure' magnesium rods have arsenic added to them and most supplemental magnesium is naturally high in arsenuc ie hydrogen tablets. I found this out the hard way and ended up in ED..

I would love to try hydrogen inhalation, the thought of blowing my lungs up has really stuck in my head.

What were your symptoms?

Yi at LDT

What were your symptoms?

I knew something was pretty seriously wrong about an hour and a half after drinking a ton of it made fromhigh arsenic magnesium rods. I felt really dizzy, kind of like vertigo, lots of strange tingling and buzzing sensations on my skin around my hands, head etc. confusion and I also had a seizure for about 30 seconds in the emergency department. Woke up to a guy pulling me from a chair to the ground by my legs. a few weeks later I had some of the typical nail banding that happens with arsenic poisoning. I'm lucky I took a ton of charcoal before I went to the hospital and I Found ALA made by far the biggest difference to my symptoms. Symptoms could have have stuck around for weeks..

Experienced

That's ****88 up hope you're alright my guy.

shepherdgirl

Following this thread with interest.

Ive used molecular hydrogen gas a couple of times, breathed in via the nose. I felt amazing afterwards wıth great muscle relaxatıon ın areas ın whıch ım usually extremely tıght and shaky (I have some PD-lıke symptoms).

However I have chronıc sınus problems whıch I belıeve are a major cause of my ıllness. And I thınk perhaps some of the bugs that lıve ın my nasal passages.... they also lıked the hydrogen. And ı got a nasty flare up of sınusıtıs. Thıs has happened twıce now. I seem to remember readıng how all lıvıng thıngs requıre hydrogen so that was my guess for an explanatıon at the tıme.

Ive been wantıng to try the hydrogen water to see ıf I can get the benefıts wıthout feedıng the hydrogen to the bugs ın my nasal passages

@Goobz
There are some things that are reputed to help sinusitis, such as proteolytic enzymes. Just wanted to tell you in case you had not heard of them.

Brandon J

I admit I'm still a skeptic, but look at this:

View attachment 14253

It seems like their only benefits were from exercise? Not that that's a bad thing, but my main thing is trying to get my quality of life back...

Yeah but if you look a little closer the title is :mid-age overweight women... and if you look at the things that used to rate QOL they include self esteem, sexual life, public distress...

So not surprising that QOL didn't change after month, there's a lot more than efficient mitochondrial oxidation involved in your self esteem and sexual life.

My dad lost 8 lbs without doing anything else, but said it felt like more, so possibly he lost more than that of fat but either muscle sparing or lower stress caused some muscle gain.

Brandon J

He lost weight from the hydrogen water? How did he dose it and how long was he using it?

2 tablets in water per day, it was after about 6 weeks that he was 8lbs down. His observation about it "feeling like more" is reflected in this study:

____
Molecular hydrogen affects body composition, metabolic profiles, and mitochondrial function in middle-aged overweight women. - PubMed - NCBI

There were no significant differences observed for changes in weight, body mass index, and bodycircumferences at 4-week follow-up... BUT: H2 treatment significantly reduced body fat percentage (3.2 vs. 0.9%, P = 0.05) and arm fat index (9.7 vs. 6.0%, P = 0.01) compared to placebo administration, respectively.

Also worth noting: This was accompanied by a significant drop in serum triglycerides after H2 intervention comparing to placebo (21.3 vs. 6.5%; P = 0.04), while other blood lipids remained stable during the study (P > 0.05). Fasting serum insulin levels dropped by 5.4% after H2 administration, while placebo intervention augmented insulin response by 29.3% (P = 0.01).
____

No change in weight but a decrease in body fat, so seems as though people are gaining muscle as they are dropping fat, quite the opposite effect of most diet plans.

____

MORE HUMAN STUDIES IF YOU'RE SO INCLINED:

EXERCISE PERFORMANCE

Ostojic, Sergej M., et al. “28-days Hydrogen-rich Water Supplementation Affects Exercise Capacity in Mid-age Overweight Women: 2942 Board# 225 June 1 3.” Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise 50.5S (2018): 728-729.

Aoki, K., et al., Pilot study: Effects of drinking hydrogen-rich water on muscle fatigue caused by acute exercise in elite athletes. Medical Gas Research, 2012. 2(1): p. 12. (DL)

Ostojić, S.M., et al., Drinks with alkaline negative oxidative reduction potential improve exercise performance in physically active men and women: Double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, cross-over trial of efficacy and safety. Serbian journal of sports sciences, 2011. 5(1-4): p. 83-89. (DL)

Bittner, A.C., et al., Intra-Individual Ergonomics (I2E): Performance Effects of Ultra-Negative-Ion Water. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting SAGE Journals, 2007. 55(26): p. 1617-1621. ($36)

EXERCISE RECOVERY / ANTIOXIDANT

Sun, Y.P. and L. Sun, Selective protective effect of hydrogen water on free radical injury of athletes after high-intensity exercise. Biomedical Research on Trace Elements, 2017. 28(10): p. 4558-4561. (DL)

Kawamura, T., et al., Effects of hydrogen bathing on exercise-induced oxidative stress and delayed-onset muscle soreness. Jpn J Phys Fitness Sports Med,, 2016. 65(3): p. 297-305. (DL)

Drid, P., et al., Molecular Hydrogen Affected Post-Exercise Recovery in Judo Athletes: 3820 Board# 259 June 4, 9: 30 AM-11: 00 AM.”. Medicine and science in sports and exercise, 2016. 48(5): p. 1071. (DL)

Ostojic, S.M., et al., Effectiveness of oral and topical hydrogen for sports-related soft tissue injuries. Postgrad Med, 2014. 126(5): p. 187-95. ($54)

Ostojic, S.M. and M.D. Stojanovic, Hydrogen-rich water affected blood alkalinity in physically active men. Res Sports Med, 2014. 22(1): p. 49-60. ($42.5)

Koyama K, T.Y., Saihara Y, Ando D, Goto Y, Katayama A, Effect of hydrogen saturated alkaline electrolyzed water on urinary oxidative stress markers after an acute exercise: A randomized controlled trial. Anti-aging Med, 2008. 4: p. 117-122.

Shibayama, Y., et al., Hydrogen-rich Water Modulates Redox Status Repeated Three Consecutive Days Of Strenuous Exercise (3298 Board# 203 June 2). Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 2017. 49(5s): p. 941.

A. Ponte, A., et al., Effects of hydrogen rich water on prolonged intermittent exercise. J Sports Med Phys Fitness, 2017.

METABOLIC SYNDROME / BODY COMPOSITION / CHOLESTEROL, TRIGLYCERIDES & FASTING INSULIN LEVELS) / MITOCHONDRIAL FUNCTION

Korovljev, D., et al., Molecular hydrogen affects body composition, metabolic profiles, and mitochondrial function in middle-aged overweight women. Ir J Med Sci, 2017.

Song, G., et al., Hydrogen-rich water decreases serum LDL-cholesterol levels and improves HDL function in patients with potential metabolic syndrome. Journal of Lipid Research, 2013. 54(7): p. 1884-93.

Nakao, A., et al., Effectiveness of Hydrogen Rich Water on Antioxidant Status of Subjects with Potential Metabolic Syndrome-An Open Label Pilot Study. Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition, 2010. 46(2): p. 140-149.

Kajiyama, S., et al., Supplementation of hydrogen-rich water improves lipid and glucose metabolism in patients with type 2 diabetes or impaired glucose tolerance. Nutrition Research, 2008. 28: p. 137–143.

ANTIOXIDANT / INFLAMMATION

Trivic, T., et al., Drinking hydrogen-rich water for 4 weeks positively affects serum antioxidant enzymes in healthy men: a pilot study. Current Topics in Nutraceutical Research, 2017. 15(1): p. 45-48.

Shimminju, Effects of H2-Rich Water Consumption on Oxidative Stress, PBMC Profiles and Their Transcriptome: A Randomized, Double-blind, Controlled Study (Doctoral dissertation,). 2018.

SAFETY / NEUROPROTECTION

Ono, H., et al., Hydrogen Gas Inhalation Treatment in Acute Cerebral Infarction: A Randomized Controlled Clinical Study on Safety and Neuroprotection. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis, 2017.

MILD COGNITIVE IMPAREMENT

Nishimaki, K., et al., Effects of Molecular Hydrogen Assessed by an Animal Model and a Randomized Clinical Study on Mild Cognitive Impairment. Curr Alzheimer Res, 2018. 15(5): p. 482-492.

Nishimaki, K., et al., Effects of molecular hydrogen assessed by an animal model and a randomized clinical study on mild cognitive impairment. Curr Alzheimer Res, 2017.

SENILE DISEASE

Yang, E.J., et al., A Clinical Trial of Orally Administered Alkaline Reduced Water. 대한의생명과학회지, 2007. 13(2): p. 83-89.

BRAIN INJURY

Takeuchi, S., et al., Effects of intravenous infusion of hydrogen-rich fluid combined with intra-cisternal infusion of magnesium sulfate in severe aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. BMC Neurol, 2014. 14(1): p. 176.

Ono, H., et al., A basic study on molecular hydrogen (H2) inhalation in acute cerebral ischemia patients for safety check with physiological parameters and measurement of blood H2 level. Medical Gas Research, 2012. 2(1): p. 21.

SKIN AGING / UV DAMAGE

Shin, M.H., et al., Atomic Hydrogen Surrounded by Water Molecules, H(H2O)m, Modulates Basal and UV-Induced Gene Expressions in Human Skin In Vivo. PLoS One, 2013. 8(4): p. e61696.

QOL/MOOD, ANXIETY, AND AUTONOMIC NERVE FUNCTION

Mizuno, K., et al., Hydrogen-rich water for improvements of mood, anxiety, and autonomic nerve function in daily life. Med Gas Res, 2017. 7(4): p. 247-255.

HEART ATTACK

Katsumata, Y., et al., The Effects of Hydrogen Gas Inhalation on Adverse Left Ventricular Remodeling After Percutaneous Coronary Intervention for ST-Elevated Myocardial Infarction- First Pilot Study in Humans. Circ J, 2017.

CIRCULATORY SYSTEM

Sakai, T., et al., Consumption of water containing over 3.5 mg of dissolved hydrogen could improve vascular endothelial function. Vasc Health Risk Manag, 2014. 10: p. 591-7.

STROKE

Nagatani, K., et al., Safety of intravenous administration of hydrogen-enriched fluid in patients with acute cerebral ischemia: initial clinical studies. Med Gas Res, 2013. 3: p. 13.

PERIODONTITIS (GUM DISEASE)

Azuma, T., et al., Drinking Hydrogen-Rich Water Has Additive Effects on Non-Surgical Periodontal Treatment of Improving Periodontitis: A Pilot Study. Antioxidants 4(3): p. 513-522.

RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS

Ishibashi, T., et al., Therapeutic efficacy of infused molecular hydrogen in saline on rheumatoid arthritis: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study. Int Immunopharmacol, 2014. 21(2): p. 468-473.

Ishibashi, T., et al., Consumption of water containing a high concentration of molecular hydrogen reduces oxidative stress and disease activity in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: an open-label pilot study. Medical Gas Research, 2012. 2(1): p. 27.

PARKINSON’S DISEASE

Yoritaka, A., et al., Pilot study of H(2) therapy in Parkinson’s disease: A randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial. Movement Disorders, 2013.

OXIDATIVE STRESS AND LIVER FUNCTION (HEP B PATIENTS)

Xia, C., et al., Effect of hydrogen-rich water on oxidative stress, liver function, and viral load in patients with chronic hepatitis B. Clin Transl Sci, 2013. 6(5): p. 372-5.

PRESSURE ULCERS (BED SORES)

Li, Q., et al., Hydrogen water intake via tube-feeding for patients with pressure ulcer and its reconstructive effects on normal human skin cells in vitro. Med Gas Res, 2013. 3(1): p. 20.

QOL IN RADIOTHERAPY TREATED LIVER TUMOR PATIENTS

Kang, K.-M., et al., Effects of drinking hydrogen-rich water on the quality of life of patients treated with radiotherapy for liver tumors. Medical Gas Research, 2011. 1: p. 11.

PROGRESSIVE MUSCULAR DISTROPHY / MITOCHONDRIAL MYOPATHIES

Ito, M., et al., Open-label trial and randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover trial of hydrogen-enriched water for mitochondrial and inflammatory myopathies. Medical Gas Research, 2011. 1(1): p. 24.

PSORIASIS

Zhu, Q., et al., Positive effects of hydrogen-water bathing in patients of psoriasis and parapsoriasis en plaques. Sci Rep, 2018. 8(1): p. 8051.

Ishibashi, T., et al., Improvement of psoriasis-associated arthritis and skin lesions by treatment with molecular hydrogen: A report of three cases. Mol Med Rep, 2015. 12(2): p. 2757-64.

DIALYSIS / LIVER DISEASE

Darinka Korovljeva, Valdemar Stajera, Jelena Ostoji, Tyler W. LeBaron, Sergej M. Ostojic, Hydrogen-rich water reduces liver fat accumulation and improves liver enzyme profiles in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Clin Res Hepatol Gastroenterol. 2019 Apr 11.

Nakayama, M., et al., Novel haemodialysis (HD) treatment employing molecular hydrogen (H2)-enriched dialysis solution improves prognosis of chronic dialysis patients: A prospective observational study. Sci Rep, 2018. 8(1): p. 254.

Maeda, K., et al., Improvement of the fraction of human mercaptalbumin on hemodialysis treatment using hydrogen-dissolved hemodialysis fluid: a prospective observational study. Renal Replacement Therapy, 2016. 2(1): p. 42.

Terawaki, H., et al., Transperitoneal administration of dissolved hydrogen for peritoneal dialysis patients: a novel approach to suppress oxidative stress in the peritoneal cavity. Medical Gas Research, 2013. 3(1): p. 14.

Nakayama, M., et al., A novel bioactive haemodialysis system using dissolved dihydrogen (H-2) produced by water electrolysis: a clinical trial. Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, 2010. 25(9): p. 3026-3033.

Huang, K.C., et al., Electrolysed-reduced water dialysate improves T-cell damage in end-stage renal disease patients with chronic haemodialysis. Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, 2010. 25(8): p. 2730-2737.

Nakayama, M., et al., Biological Effects of Electrolyzed Water in Hemodialysis. Nephron Clinical Practice, 2009. 112(1): p. C9-C15.

Yeung, L.K., et al., Effect of electrolyzed reduced water hemodialysis on peripheral lymphocyte intracellular cytokine expression. Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, 2006. 21: p. 204-204.

Lu, K.C., et al., Electrolyzed reduced water attenuates hemodialysis-induced mononuclear cells apoptosis in end-stage renal disease patients. Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, 2006. 21: p. 200-201.

Huang, K.C., et al., Electrolyzed-reduced water reduced hemodialysis-induced erythrocyte impairment in end-stage renal disease patients. Kidney Int, 2006. 70(2): p. 391-8.

Huang, K.C., et al., Reduced hemodialysis-induced oxidative stress in end-stage renal disease patients by electrolyzed reduced water. Kidney Int, 2003. 64(2): p. 704-14.

LIVER FUNCTION IN CHEMOTHERAPY

Yang, Q., et al., Protective effect of hydrogen-rich water on liver function of colorectal cancer patients treated with mFOLFOX6 chemotherapy. Mol Clin Oncol, 2017. 7(5): p. 891-896.

CHRONIC GRAFT-VS-HOST-DISEASE

Qian, L.R. and J.L. Shen, Successful treatment with hydrogen rich water in a case of chronic graft-versus-host-disease. Med Gas Res, 2016. 6(3): p. 177-179.

Cirion

@Brandon J

Which specific product did he use? With all the comments in this thread I'm scared of things like arsenic or scammers.

I might be willing to give it a go. Lord knows I need to lose a ton of weight both fat and water bloating, probably have stupid amounts of oxidative stress in my body at this point to get rid of.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
@Brandon J

Which specific product did he use? With all the comments in this thread I'm scared of things like arsenic or scammers.

I might be willing to give it a go. Lord knows I need to lose a ton of weight both fat and water bloating, probably have stupid amounts of oxidative stress in my body at this point to get rid of.

I'd go for this one, as it's one of the strongest on the market

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals