Hydrogen Gas Thread

I've been inhaling hydrogen.

I have had many years of severe headaches and this is the first thing that has almost gotten rid of them.

I started with a portable hydrogen generator from LifeGivingStore.com and that was super good and I am keeping it. But I have a much bigger unit that I'm using, and I ordered a very large high end unit. The difference is you can steadily inhale 150mL of hydrogen per minute with the unit I am using now as I type, and 600mL of hydrogen with the large unit that is on the way to me.

I think it will help reduce the time needed to inhale. I also have the tablets you drop into liquid, but I'm very suspicious of those.

I don't think hydrogen water is that great. Too much water, not enough hydrogen, but inhaling seems the way to go.

Nebula

What larger hydrogen generator are you buying? I’ve been interested in buying one but a lot of the ones available in the US don’t seem very well designed. Seems like a market that’s just beginning and has a ways to go to become reliable at a more affordable price.

Last edited:
OP
ecstatichamster
I got a tee connector so I can inhale H2 and CO2 together now, along with room air.

Very jazzed to try this out.

OP
ecstatichamster
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3109/10715762.2010.500328

BC652F31-AED2-4286-8CB3-897D6B6C78DE.jpeg

Intestinal I/R injury occurs frequently in a variety of clinical settings including surgical treatment for abdominal aortic aneurysm, mesenteric artery occlu- sion, cardiopulmonary bypass, bowel strangulation, neonatal necrotizing enterocolitis haemorrhagic shock and small intestinal transplantation [55–57]. Buchholz et al. [58] have utilized an orthotopic, syngeneic, small intestinal transplant model in rats and shown that hydrogen treatment ameliorates transplant-induced intestinal injuries including mucosal erosion and
Free Radic Res Downloaded from informahealthcare.com by University of Chicago Library on 09/16/10 For personal use only.

Perioperative inhalation of 2% hydrogen mitigated intestinal dysmotility

Oral intake of hydrogen water (0.78 mM) prevented the development of DSS-induced colitis in mice [61].The administration of H2 remarkably reduced the clinical symptoms of DSS-induced colitis and H2 prevented DSS-mediated destruction of epithelial crypt structure, evident by histopathological evaluation.

Recently, extensive research has been performed in the area of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Patients with IBS and predominantly hydrogen-producing bacteria have a higher incidence of diarrhoea than patients with IBS and predominantly methane- producing bacteria [64]. Additionally, antibiotic erad- ication of bacterial overgrowth in IBS with dominant hydrogen producers results in symptomatic relief from diarrhoea, suggesting that H2 produced by colonic bacteria induced hypercontractility [65]. Thus, hydrogen-producing bacteria may be a thera- peutic target for treatment of patients with IBS,

Inaut

Still haven’t bought a machine but the aquacure guy has done some good interviews with Pat Timpone on OneRadio

OP
ecstatichamster
Molecular hydrogen increases resilience to stress in mice | Scientific Reports
The inability to successfully adapt to stress produces pathological changes that can lead to depression. Molecular hydrogen has anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory activities and neuroprotective effects. However, the potential role of molecular hydrogen in stress-related disorders is still poorly understood. The present study aims to investigate the effects of hydrogen gas on resilience to stress in mice. The results showed that repeated inhalation of hydrogen-oxygen mixed gas [67%:33% (V/V)] significantly decreased both the acute and chronic stress-induced depressive- and anxiety-like behaviors of mice, assessed by tail suspension test (TST), forced swimming test (FST), novelty suppressed feeding (NSF) test, and open field test (OFT). ELISA analyses showed that inhalation of hydrogen-oxygen mixed gas blocked CMS-induced increase in the serum levels of corticosterone, adrenocorticotropic hormone, interleukin-6, and tumor necrosis factor-α in mice exposed to chronic mild stress. Finally, inhalation of hydrogen gas in adolescence significantly increased the resilience to acute stress in early adulthood, which illustrates the long-lasting effects of hydrogen on stress resilience in mice. This was likely mediated by inhibiting the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis and inflammatory responses to stress. These results warrant further exploration for developing molecular hydrogen as a novel strategy to prevent the occurrence of stress-related disorders.

We found that repeated inhalation of hydrogen gas enhanced resilience of mice subjected to acute or chronic stress by blocking the normal stress-induced depressive-and anxiety-like behaviours. In addition, we found that repeated inhalation of hydrogen gas inhibited hyperactivity of the HPA axis and the inflammatory response induced by chronic mild stress. This indicates that the enhanced resilience to stress by repeated hydrogen inhalation may be associated with modulation of the HPA axis activity and the immune system. Interestingly, the enhanced resilience effects of hydrogen can provide resilience against depression and anxiety caused by acute stress in early adulthood of mice treated with hydrogen inhalation in adolescence.

Inaut

How dangerous is it to build/use something like this? Is the gas carcinogenic by any chance due to plastics involved in construction?

yerrag

Is there a lot of literature about hydrogen and how it's used? My understanding is that it's not the H2 but the atomic hydrogen called hydride with the nomenclature H- as it has a negative charge. This makes hydride into an extremely low molecular weight antiozidant (elmw), although it's not even molecular, as opposed to low molecular weight antiozidants such as uric acid and vitamin C. There are also high molecular weight anti-oxidants which is produced in the brain. According to George Wiseman, this property makes hydride the most powerful antiozidant.

And then there's this tie-in to structured water. George Weisman, from an interview, says that it's the hydride that makes water into structured water, but this is new to me as I didn't recall Gerald Pollock mentioning hydride giving water its structured property, aka EZ-Water. I'd have to read again Pollock's book. I get the impression that hydride isn't something that is well-researched in academic circles. Though I haven't researched this exhaustively, the cursory search on the net doesn't lead me to professional research articles on it. This is what I've found describing it: Negative Hydrogen Ion Site: H-minus Ion As a Stable Entity at STP and in Biophysics What's interesting is that hydride is found in places where structured water is found too - in glaciers, high mountains wells and springs, and glacial runoff water. It makes me wonder then if the reason hydride is being promoted is because it makes structured water.

In seeing a naturopathic doctor before, I had a test called Biological Terrain Analysis (BTA), which was developed by a German doctor, and marketed to naturopaths. With a device sold or rented to doctors, three measurements are taken of a patient's venous blood, saliva, and urine. There are pH, resistance (r), and the relative hydrogen score (rH2). The rH2 is what's relevant to hydride, as it measures the reducing power (or antioxidant power) of the hydride in blood, saliva, and urine. Since I don't have the machine used by naturopaths, I had to calculate the rH2 by plugging in the pH and the ORP (oxidation reductional potential) of saliva and urine (no blood as it was harder for me to extract). There are many formulas, but the one I used was rH2 = (ORP +200)/30 + 2*pH.

My saliva values are as follows : 2002 - 28.2 , 2009 - 28.4, 2011 - 31.1, 2020 - 23.3 ; with optimal range being 21.5 -23.5

My urine values : 2002 - 25.8, 2009 - 22.5, 2011 - 19.8, 2020 - 18.83; with optimal range being 22.5-24.5)

I was happy to see my saliva rH2 very much improved (since joining this forum, I must add) with my saliva rH2 being in optimal range, but

i was sad to see my urine rH2 being below range this year. I am to find out that it's low because I have a periodontal infection (again- dammit), and it actually lowered my urine pH from 6.8 to 5.5, and it also lowered my urine ORP. Both these contributed to my low urine rH2 value. Never mind, this is only temporary, and once I'm back from my dentist (with one tooth less), I'll be seeing a better rH2 value.

By the way, I have an ORP meter, which I originally bought to measure my pond water, and I used it to measure my ORP values.

More on rH2: Relative Hydrogen Score, (aka rH or rH2), from Nernst's Equations via Clark

It would be interesting to do a before and after measurement of rH2 with breathing hyride or drinking hydrogen water. I don't think I'll be buying a hydrogen machine anytime soon, but @ecstatichamster, I can recommend you an ORP meter and a pH test strip:

https://www.amazon.com/HM-Digital-O...hild=1&keywords=ORP+200&qid=1604754852&sr=8-1
https://www.amazon.com/Dispenser-Te...s=Hydrion+pH+test+strip&qid=1604754908&sr=8-9

But not to impose. You prefer the feel of things, and I can respect that.

I've been inhaling hydrogen.

I have had many years of severe headaches and this is the first thing that has almost gotten rid of them.

I started with a portable hydrogen generator from LifeGivingStore.com and that was super good and I am keeping it. But I have a much bigger unit that I'm using, and I ordered a very large high end unit. The difference is you can steadily inhale 150mL of hydrogen per minute with the unit I am using now as I type, and 600mL of hydrogen with the large unit that is on the way to me.

I think it will help reduce the time needed to inhale. I also have the tablets you drop into liquid, but I'm very suspicious of those.

I don't think hydrogen water is that great. Too much water, not enough hydrogen, but inhaling seems the way to go.
Be careful at 600mL as we are finding that 600mL can be too much at times. We are dialing in at around 300mL being best and have found a manufacturer to make the most optimal H2 Gas machine that will be made available in the near future.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
ecstatichamster
Be careful at 600mL as we are finding that 600mL can be too much at times. We are dialing in at around 300mL being best and have found a manufacturer to make the most optimal H2 Gas machine that will be made available in the near future.

yes indeed. The machine I am using lets you select what you want. And it has a table to select according to weight. I'm doing 400mL/minute for 20 minutes twice a day.

Good to know you are getting a higher end machine!

I'm hopefully going to get my CO2/H2 rig going this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
ecstatichamster
Is there a lot of literature about hydrogen and how it's used? My understanding is that it's not the H2 but the atomic hydrogen called hydride with the nomenclature H- as it has a negative charge. This makes hydride into an extremely low molecular weight antiozidant (elmw), although it's not even molecular, as opposed to low molecular weight antiozidants such as uric acid and vitamin C. There are also high molecular weight anti-oxidants which is produced in the brain. According to George Wiseman, this property makes hydride the most powerful antiozidant.

And then there's this tie-in to structured water. George Weisman, from an interview, says that it's the hydride that makes water into structured water, but this is new to me as I didn't recall Gerald Pollock mentioning hydride giving water its structured property, aka EZ-Water. I'd have to read again Pollock's book. I get the impression that hydride isn't something that is well-researched in academic circles. Though I haven't researched this exhaustively, the cursory search on the net doesn't lead me to professional research articles on it. This is what I've found describing it: Negative Hydrogen Ion Site: H-minus Ion As a Stable Entity at STP and in Biophysics What's interesting is that hydride is found in places where structured water is found too - in glaciers, high mountains wells and springs, and glacial runoff water. It makes me wonder then if the reason hydride is being promoted is because it makes structured water.

In seeing a naturopathic doctor before, I had a test called Biological Terrain Analysis (BTA), which was developed by a German doctor, and marketed to naturopaths. With a device sold or rented to doctors, three measurements are taken of a patient's venous blood, saliva, and urine. There are pH, resistance (r), and the relative hydrogen score (rH2). The rH2 is what's relevant to hydride, as it measures the reducing power (or antioxidant power) of the hydride in blood, saliva, and urine. Since I don't have the machine used by naturopaths, I had to calculate the rH2 by plugging in the pH and the ORP (oxidation reductional potential) of saliva and urine (no blood as it was harder for me to extract). There are many formulas, but the one I used was rH2 = (ORP +200)/30 + 2*pH.

My saliva values are as follows : 2002 - 28.2 , 2009 - 28.4, 2011 - 31.1, 2020 - 23.3 ; with optimal range being 21.5 -23.5

My urine values : 2002 - 25.8, 2009 - 22.5, 2011 - 19.8, 2020 - 18.83; with optimal range being 22.5-24.5)

I was happy to see my saliva rH2 very much improved (since joining this forum, I must add) with my saliva rH2 being in optimal range, but

i was sad to see my urine rH2 being below range this year. I am to find out that it's low because I have a periodontal infection (again- dammit), and it actually lowered my urine pH from 6.8 to 5.5, and it also lowered my urine ORP. Both these contributed to my low urine rH2 value. Never mind, this is only temporary, and once I'm back from my dentist (with one tooth less), I'll be seeing a better rH2 value.

By the way, I have an ORP meter, which I originally bought to measure my pond water, and I used it to measure my ORP values.

More on rH2: Relative Hydrogen Score, (aka rH or rH2), from Nernst's Equations via Clark

It would be interesting to do a before and after measurement of rH2 with breathing hyride or drinking hydrogen water. I don't think I'll be buying a hydrogen machine anytime soon, but @ecstatichamster, I can recommend you an ORP meter and a pH test strip:

https://www.amazon.com/HM-Digital-O...hild=1&keywords=ORP+200&qid=1604754852&sr=8-1
https://www.amazon.com/Dispenser-Te...s=Hydrion+pH+test+strip&qid=1604754908&sr=8-9

But not to impose. You prefer the feel of things, and I can respect that.

I always really appreciate your posts, including this one. Thank you!

And thanks for the recommendations. My headaches are 90% better, which is extraordinary. I am still using 1 - 2 of the hydrogen tablets which Dr. Peat is not approving of. I hopefully can just use the gas soon.

If I overdo the gas, I get a sore throat and/or cough.

I am finding it seems to be helping my gut dramatically already.

Nebula

Be careful at 600mL as we are finding that 600mL can be too much and cause anoxia. We are dialing in at around 300mL being best and have found a manufacturer to make the most optimal H2 Gas machine that will be made available in the near future.
How soon will you be releasing your higher output H2 generator? Will it be a PEM device or a hydroxy generator? Both interest me, but most of the hydroxy machines on the market don’t seem very reliable.

TripleOG

I have the AquaCure. Been a staple for the last year. Highly recommend experimenting with hydrogen generators, although the price may be steep for many. Return periods are pretty lengthy so you have time to test.

Hydrogen4Health's Browns Gas machine v3.0 is the best value currently with super simple maintenance.

George Wiseman has the best customer service and sells books teaching how to make your own machine safely. We were supposed to get a deuterium depleted water attachment this year but pretty sure COVID sidelined those plans.

George and Tyler LeBaron have the most informative interviews online.

Deep Research in Healh, July 18, 2019

Dr Peat towards the end discusses hydrogen diffusion into carbonated water being twice as effective as just still water.

How? The hydrogen would just displace the dissolved CO2. Water can only hold so much gas.

yerrag

I always really appreciate your posts, including this one. Thank you!

And thanks for the recommendations. My headaches are 90% better, which is extraordinary. I am still using 1 - 2 of the hydrogen tablets which Dr. Peat is not approving of. I hopefully can just use the gas soon.

If I overdo the gas, I get a sore throat and/or cough.

I am finding it seems to be helping my gut dramatically already.
And thank you as well for starting this thread.

I hope I can find the time to make my own hydrogen. Electrolysis is high school science project level. Some refinement would be needed. A cost-effective choice of electrode material is the next step. Finding out what catalyst to use though, is out of my league. I would try George Wiseman's Aquacure if I lived in the US, as there's little cost to trying his unit. Being that I'm not in the US, I would have to purchase it and I'm not even sure I need it.

But that feeling could change. If I were to test my rH2 levels after I fixed my periodontal issue, and find that my rH2 levels are optimal, it may mean that I wouldn't benefit much from using a hydrogen machine. George Wiseman cured his arthritis using hydrogen gas, but I was able to fix my arthritis without it, largely from improving my acid-base balance by better sugar metabolism and by fixing low-grade bacterial infection.

But he said his skin condition improved, and that hydrogen gas would help with scar tissue. So I'm still interested, given that I have keloids that I can't ever eliminate. But I think skin improvements and hair improvements are a matter of having surplus energy, left over from high energy production from high metabolism, and the absence of energy-sapping conditions such as infections, auto-immune and toxin - derived inflammation. So there's still the possibility of the benefit of being able to develop cosmetically and mentally as a benefit of using hydrogen gas.

It also strikes me as worthy of note that I've lately been more interested in using chlorine dioxide to fix my issues. What's interesting is that the oxygen in it is what's doing the heavy work, with the oxygen acting as an oxidant killing pathogens. Yet, we also have hydrogen gas, which works as an antioxiant. Both come from water, a benign substance. Yet there is yin and yang that heals in it.

Inaut

So I just purchased a hydrogen water generator and was wondering if there's something that can be added to the water prior to turning it on that could allow it to supersaturate (safely)..?