Husband has alarming level of manganese on his HTMA test. Thoughts?

Perry Staltic

Not saying it's not a factor by any means!

Just giving context & don't want to miss something that might cause it by hyper focusing on one possibility. Especially because HTMA is different than a blood test.

So, for context the yellow dot is where we're at, behind a mountain range.

The red dots are the chemical depot/handford. We're about 2 hours east, Umatilla county is huge.

Just realized the Hanford site is half the size of the state of Rhode Island; Hanford on one end, Umatilla on the other, but locals apparently call the whole thing Hanford. That's why I was confused.

StrongMom

@Theotherapril

I had my hair analysis done a few years back and got the same result. Very high manganese! My test results came with some explanations and possible causes. Cascara was one of the potential causes. I am hypo and constipated lifetime. I was heavily relying on cascara at the time. I stopped taking it. Cascara was also worsening my hair loss, so I stopped. I haven’t any other test done afterward. Ray does not trust the reliability of hair tests anyway.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

I am not sure if you mentioned it or you were already asked but will you also do this test to see your manganese levels?
I think would be very interesting to see the results.
Yes I did an HTMA test a month ago and my levels were fine, it was the closest hair to the scalp & 1/2 inch long as they requested.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

coffee helps flush out heavy metals from the body does he drink coffee regularly? I think he can lower manganese levels with taking out blood, my dad has hemachromatosis and takes out blood at a clinic to bring iron levels back to normal, maybe this procedure also works for other metals?
My concern with that is he'd lose iron which is needed to remove manganese.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Did you get consultation with your test results?
I find the pattern really interesting. Almost all minerals seem on the low side, except sodium and manganese.
I did not because the place we got it from (cheapest) basically says enemas are the fix for everything & they want 6.99 a minute for a hour-long consultation ?

We did however send it to his functional MD to see what she says & requested a blood/liver panel to see what real time levels are/what his liver is up to.

Gustav3Y

Yes I did an HTMA test a month ago and my levels were fine, it was the closest hair to the scalp & 1/2 inch long as they requested.
That is very interesting, maybe that says it is not the environment that is "filled" with manganese?

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

The update I do have is he has 100% agreed to stop using the cartridges to smoke, after he finishes the ones he has?

But I guess that's better than him just refusing.

In all honesty he's been talking about quitting herb for sometime now, it just takes him time & he has to make that decision on his own.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

That is very interesting, maybe that says it is not the environment that is "filled" with manganese?
Yeah that's my thoughts, although some think I might just handle it better/my diet is a bit better.

Although in 2020 I almost bled to death so my iron levels are always just about adequate & that's taken a lot of work (liver) so you'd think if I was exposed my kinda low iron would be enough to keep the manganese from accumulating.

I've got a well test kit on the way to see if it's the water & when the ground thaws in a few months just to see I'll test my soil to see what the levels are.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Just realized the Hanford site is half the size of the state of Rhode Island; Hanford on one end, Umatilla on the other, but locals apparently call the whole thing Hanford. That's why I was confused.
Yeah the whole place is a waste zone so we don't differentiate between the two.

Especially because it seems like every year the discover yet another buried bunker full of something horrendous leaking, usually making it's way into the Columbia river or near by tributaries.

But don't you worry, they're selling part of it back to hermiston so they can put a ******* mega Costco on top of it, that outa seal up all of the agent orange & left over nerve gas?

@Theotherapril

I had my hair analysis done a few years back and got the same result. Very high manganese! My test results came with some explanations and possible causes. Cascara was one of the potential causes. I am hypo and constipated lifetime. I was heavily relying on cascara at the time. I stopped taking it. Cascara was also worsening my hair loss, so I stopped. I haven’t any other test done afterward. Ray does not trust the reliability of hair tests anyway.
You must have been using a lot, like everyday?

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

@Theotherapril .... I would recommend reading this.... An explanation of Mad Cow Disease by Mark Purdey

Also.... I don't know if this is of any use : Nicotine protects against manganese and iron-induced toxicity in SH-SY5Y cells: Implication for Parkinson's disease - PubMed

Perhaps your husband could switch to organic tobacco for the time being?
No way should he start smoking tobacco again (the small amount of assist IMHO is not worth the addiction/smell/cancer risk/***hole behavior when he's needing to smoke) but we'll for sure up his bio available intake of iron/calcium/magnesium & force him into the sauna to help detox.

We'll be getting his blood drawn too, I know it might not show in the blood like it does in the hair but I think it's important to check.

Gustav3Y

We'll be getting his blood drawn too, I know it might not show in the blood like it does in the hair but I think it's important to check.
I know many say blood tests are irrelevant when it comes to minerals, but as comparison would be very interesting.
I wonder if urinary manganese test makes any sense?

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

I know many say blood tests are irrelevant when it comes to minerals, but as comparison would be very interesting.
I wonder if urinary manganese test makes any sense?
They might be. We are working with a functional MD so she's at least more apt to run less common tests than a standard Dr.

aniciete

I agree with Progesterone being used - same happened to me when I was eating a lot of pineapple - was saying a lot of crazy sh** and doing erratic stuff - progesterone set me straight - if you want to avoid supplements I would say try coffee and honey especially honey as that brings my mind back to normal
Have you continued to consume pineapple? I think I was in another post you were eating a whole pineapple a day.

I love Kristina Amelong- she knows her stuff about colon cleansing. I would follow her colon cleaning protocols along with coffee enemas and try to clean out the liver and colon. I would also add iodine to his protocol for estrogen dominance. Throw in a Master Cleanse ( 10 day ) or 2.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

I love Kristina Amelong- she knows her stuff about colon cleansing. I would follow her colon cleaning protocols along with coffee enemas and try to clean out the liver and colon. I would also add iodine to his protocol for estrogen dominance. Throw in a Master Cleanse ( 10 day ) or 2.
I'm glad you feel that way but I personally deal with hundreds of people yearly who have destroyed their gut health with enemas & or who have damaged their liver by thinking it's a filter that can be cleaned.

JamesGatz

Have you continued to consume pineapple? I think I was in another post you were eating a whole pineapple a day.
Yea I still consume 1 a day or 3/4 cause it helps with endotoxin but im drinking more coffee and eating more honey which i find helpful

As long as maganese is addressed its ok but if not it's trouble - some of the threads and posts I used to make on the forum where people said I was trolling was really just me experiencing maganese toxicity or Very Low GABA it felt uncomfortable - it feels like you have 0 grasp on repercussions of decisions and just start saying/doing stupid sh**

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom