Husband has alarming level of manganese on his HTMA test. Thoughts?

I'm.No.One

So I got my husbands HTMA test back & the level of manganese is shocking. Basically off the chart.

In all honesty I'm trying to survive my own extreme burnout & am just too tired to make a concrete plan all by myself.

He's also the kinda guy that will just remain sick unless I help in some way because he's professionally apathetic.

I mean he's willing to try whatever I tell him to do so long as I help him with it.

Main systems are extreme exhaustion, obvious estrogen dominance/weight gain, scatter brained/constantly overwhelmed, not sleeping well even if he does sleep, he's snappy as hell too.

Anyhow, if these were your test results what would you do?

Attachments

• Scan0087.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
So I got my husbands HTMA test back & the level of manganese is shocking. Basically off the chart.

In all honesty I'm trying to survive my own extreme burnout & am just too tired to make a concrete plan all by myself.

He's also the kinda guy that will just remain sick unless I help in some way because he's professionally apathetic.

I mean he's willing to try whatever I tell him to do so long as I help him with it.

Main systems are extreme exhaustion, obvious estrogen dominance/weight gain, scatter brained/constantly overwhelmed, not sleeping well even if he does sleep, he's snappy as hell too.

Anyhow, if these were your test results what would you do?
You just described my husband with his
health! Have you tried Progest-E on yours? It has really helped my husband with his sleep and to calm his anxiety.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

You just described my husband with his
health! Have you tried Progest-E on yours? It has really helped my husband with his sleep and to calm his anxiety.
I gave it to him once ? he didn't even feel calm from it. I can actually get on it though & see if it might help.

But at first you have to use high doses right so it doesn't convert to just more estrogen?

I gave it to him once ? he didn't even feel calm from it. I can actually get on it though & see if it might help.

But at first you have to use high doses right so it doesn't convert to just more estrogen?
I just gave him a couple drops of Progest-E at bedtime and crossed my fingers! This past week I have tried pregnenolone on him and that works even better for during the day than progesterone. It doesn't make him sleepy.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Manganese is a neurotoxin. What does your husband do for a living?
We do the same thing, run a large apothecary business. So no heavy metal exposure from work.

We also live remotely so we're not even around the general toxins of cities.

I looked into the foods that are high in it & really the only thing we eat much of from the list is rice. Really only a few times a week if we do have it & it's organic.

Iron is supposed to suppress it but his levels seem adequate.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

I just gave him a couple drops of Progest-E at bedtime and crossed my fingers! This past week I have tried pregnenolone on him and that works even better for during the day than progesterone. It doesn't make him sleepy.
I tried pregnenolone alongside DHEA but it tore his gut up, could have been the DHEA doing that.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

I have not tried DHEA. He must have taken it orally for his gut to get that bad?
Yeah, but he's also recently developed gut issues so it's hit or miss to what can set it off.

Perry Staltic

We do the same thing, run a large apothecary business. So no heavy metal exposure from work.

We also live remotely so we're not even around the general toxins of cities.

I looked into the foods that are high in it & really the only thing we eat much of from the list is rice. Really only a few times a week if we do have it & it's organic.

Iron is supposed to suppress it but his levels seem adequate.

Any manganese mining/smelting operations nearby? Does he weld or do pottery (glazes) as a hobby? Manganese cookware? Do you grow your own food and possibly have high manganese soil? Does he hunt elk/deer?

JamesGatz

I agree with Progesterone being used - same happened to me when I was eating a lot of pineapple - was saying a lot of crazy sh** and doing erratic stuff - progesterone set me straight - if you want to avoid supplements I would say try coffee and honey especially honey as that brings my mind back to normal

Yeah, but he's also recently developed gut issues so it's hit or miss to what can set it off.

My husband's gut has been bad since a tetanus booster in August of last year. Lower fat foods have been digesting much better, like nonfat milk, fruit squeezes, mozzarella, bone broth soups. I find timing, portions and small snacks throughout the night have been getting his digestion revved up better.

Any manganese mining/smelting operations nearby? Does he weld or do pottery (glazes) as a hobby? Manganese cookware? Do you grow your own food and possibly have high manganese soil? Does he hunt elk/deer?
Oh wow you are a maganese expert! I am impressed!

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Nope nada. Although myself/son hunt it's probably only makes up about 5% of the meat we eat. The rest is all grass fed beef that we either buy or raise.

We do grow some of our own food but have only been at this property a few years so the output is about the same %.

I just ordered an in-depth well test to check for it, but my HTMA test didn't show elevated levels & I for sure drink more water than him.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

I agree with Progesterone being used - same happened to me when I was eating a lot of pineapple - was saying a lot of crazy sh** and doing erratic stuff - progesterone set me straight - if you want to avoid supplements I would say try coffee and honey especially honey as that brings my mind back to normal
We eat a lot of honey as we keep bees, & he's just started on coffee again. But we can supplement too.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Anyone have any ideas on how to detox manganese or what might be preventing his body from doing so?

Raw honeycomb lights my head up like nothing else. Great suggestion!

"Among the best ways to keep your Mn levels in check is to make sure you take adequate amounts of iron. High-iron diets appear to suppress Mn absorption Calcium can also help decrease manganese absorption."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom