Human Bodies Have Steadily Grown Colder Over The Past Century, Evidence Shows

boris

@raysputin

113.jpg

yerrag

This is an example of denial and an inability to read an article with an open mind for an alternate explanation. The OP shares a finding and at the end suffaces with an AKA of hypothyroid, and the entire thread becomes about agreeing with the sufface.

What the article is sharing is that because of the decline in infections, body temperature has declined. While hypothyroid also accounts for low body temperature, infections also increase body temperature. We think of infections increasing body temperature mainly from a standoint of having a fever, but there are infections that are low-grade n nature, which are not manifested as fevers just because they don't rise above 37 degrees C. And low grade infections are not diagnosed. But if they are diagnosed correctly, it would make us realize that we could be hypothyroid while having regular body temperatures, as what tips us into normal body temperature range could very well be the body being in a constant state of high alert because of the chronic presence of low-grade infection.

yerrag

The article does not state this, it's merely suggested as a possible hypothesis at the end.
Okay, flim flam, it is suggested. However, it was never suggested that it's caused by hypothyroid. And of course, you did not state that.

tankasnowgod

Okay, flim flam, it is suggested. However, it was never suggested that it's caused by hypothyroid. And of course, you did not state that.

Okay, so just because something isn't explicitly stated in an article, we can't use our knowledge to speculate on a reason? We have to outsource that to the writer of an article?

So what if the article doesn't state that it could be due to hypothyroidism? We know hypothyroidism results in lower temps. Should I just forget everything that I've learned from Ray Peat, Broda Barnes, and other sources everytime I read any sort of health article, and limit my thinking to what the author explicitly states or hypothesizes?

yerrag

Okay, so just because something isn't explicitly stated in an article, we can't use our knowledge to speculate on a reason? We have to outsource that to the writer of an article?

So what if the article doesn't state that it could be due to hypothyroidism? We know hypothyroidism results in lower temps. Should I just forget everything that I've learned from Ray Peat, Broda Barnes, and other sources everytime I read any sort of health article, and limit my thinking to what the author explicitly states or hypothesizes?
So what if the article really states it and the reader considers that he is on a quest to accept new truths that he hasn't encountered before and be open to the consideration that there is another explanation? Instead of being dismissive and treat everything he hasn't encountered as not true at all?

Gone Peating

Well hypothryoidism has been all but erased from common knowledge, so I don’t see why that matters that it wasn’t suggested.

News outlets go for the catchiest topics that will get the most traffic. What makes for a sexier read, hypothyroidism or pathogenic infections?

yerrag

Well hypothryoidism has been all but erased from common knowledge, so I don’t see why that matters that it wasn’t suggested.

News outlets go for the catchiest topics that will get the most traffic. What makes for a sexier read, hypothyroidism or pathogenic infections?
In this forum, hypothyroid is common knowledge. What isn't common knowledge is low-grade infection/inflammation causing body temperature to rise.

So when the article says that, people in this forum tend to pooh pooh it, as you are doing, as if there is no validity to that point.

If you are in the habit of having this sort of tunnel vision, it won't help if you're trying to heal yourself.

boris

As a kid you learn infections cause fever. I think you could say it's common knowledge.

The authors point is that improvements in health caused body temps to drop. But many walk around inflamed nowadays, so body temperatures should be higher. Which makes the case for hypothyroidism being rampant, not good health.

yerrag

a kid you learn infections cause fever. I think you could say it's common knowledge.
How you conflate things. Infections causing fever is common knowledge. But those infections are high grade infections. Still common knowledge? Low grade infections don't cause fever. Still common knowledge?

But many walk around inflamed nowadays, so body temperatures should be higher. Which makes the case for hypothyroidism being rampant, not good health.
Failing to see the logic you're making.

yerrag

Infections cause a rise in temperature. It's a spectrum.
That is well stated, however that isn't common knowledge. Do people usually relate to having an infection when their temps are 37C or below?

You and the rest of the world don't think the same. Don't project yourself on them. What you know isn't common knowledge.

Last edited:

yerrag

Do you agree with the author that good health caused the drop in body temperature?
I'm not disputing that. See what I quoted out of your statement.

boris

Failing to see the logic you're making.

I went by the thought that people actually seem unhealthier than before. And thus should suffer more inflammation, meaning temperatures should be higher not lower.
My point was that hypothyroidism (which in itself can result in infection/inflammation) makes the body unable to reach the needed temperature to deal with it.

Last edited:
OP
nigma

nigma

My view is that body temperature is probably dropping over the last 100+ years because people are indoors more, eating more PUFA due to global food shipping, more stressed from having to work 9-5, 99.999% not getting a proper education #JohnTaylorGatto and thus lack autonomy, which messes up dopamine and serotonin balance, antibiotics could play a role also.

I do not think 37.0 C is necessarily the ideal either, its possible we've been declining longer than when Broda Barnes did his measurements. The Earth has long climate cycles, which affects many environmental variables, humans probably go through 100's years of plenty followed by the opposite.

I like reading theories about what our physiology might have been like in the past, for example, there was someone who believed that our past body temperature was higher, it was based on comparing body temperature of different species if I am remembering correctly. It thought it was René Quinton but I can't seem to find the info right now.

Golden Ratios in Body Temperatures - The Golden Ratio: Phi, 1.618
upload_2020-1-12_15-34-13.png

This page is interesting, as is this comment:
upload_2020-1-12_15-31-57.png

md_a

“Most human enzymes function optimally at a temperature of approximately 37°C. An increase of temperature from 0° to 37°C increases the rate of the reaction by increasing the vibrational energy of the substrates. The maximum activity for most human enzymes occurs near 37°C because denaturation (loss of secondary and tertiary structure) occurs at higher temperatures.” Mark's Basic Medical Biochemistry 2013

OP
nigma

nigma

“Most human enzymes function optimally at a temperature of approximately 37°C. An increase of temperature from 0° to 37°C increases the rate of the reaction by increasing the vibrational energy of the substrates. The maximum activity for most human enzymes occurs near 37°C because denaturation (loss of secondary and tertiary structure) occurs at higher temperatures.” Mark's Basic Medical Biochemistry 2013

Nice!

I was thinking this, though I'm still keeping an open mind since there could be other variables, such as the gene transcription to make enzymes could be altered to make them function at different temperatures. Or perhaps other molecules being present could affect their temperature stability...

Luann

I don't have one. Fish heads have thyroid glands in them. Chicken necks have them often removed although you may be able to get necks with thyroid glands intact, but fish heads usually have the thyroid in them. So soup with them will contain natural thyroid.

Shellfish too, yes?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals