Huge Liver Cravings: How Much Is Too Much?

TheSir

Last week I noticed myself craving liver for the first time in my life. I also found myself enjoying its taste, which was new. I enjoy it so much that in contrast regular muscle meat doesn't seem appealing at all.

In about a week's time I have eaten three pounds of liver and still find myself craving more. Would it be wise to continue eating liver until the craving subsides, or do I risk running into problems with vit A, iron or copper excess?

Hans

Forum Supporter
In a deficiency, the body upregulates the absorption of nutrients and when stores are getting adequate or too much the body dramatically downregulates the absorption and increases excretion. I think as long as you have a craving for it that you can eat it. The body will let you know when it has had enough.

A.R

Last week I noticed myself craving liver for the first time in my life. I also found myself enjoying its taste, which was new. I enjoy it so much that in contrast regular muscle meat doesn't seem appealing at all.

In about a week's time I have eaten three pounds of liver and still find myself craving more. Would it be wise to continue eating liver until the craving subsides, or do I risk running into problems with vit A, iron or copper excess?
What benefits have you noticed since increasing your liver consumption?

OP
TheSir

TheSir

What benefits have you noticed since increasing your liver consumption?
I think my extremities are a bit warmer than usually and my appetite has increased. Two days ago after eating a half a pound of liver earlier in the day I was ravenous for the rest of the day

In a deficiency, the body upregulates the absorption of nutrients and when stores are getting adequate or too much the body dramatically downregulates the absorption and increases excretion. I think as long as you have a craving for it that you can eat it. The body will let you know when it has had enough.
Thanks, that's good to know.

Arctic Fire

Several years ago, I craved beef liver. I ate a lot of it for maybe 2-3 weeks, until the craving subsided. No obvious adverse effects; just improved energy. Thanks, B vitamins.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals