Huge decrease in food quality since in COVID 2019

AlaskaJono

Here is another thing. If you are not old enough to REMEMBER what food tasted like, looked like, felt like in the 1970s and even 1980s, then all that has been tasted in the 1990s and early 2000s seems normal. Those who have been eating the massively modified food of the last 20 years have. No. Idea.
Yes... this is absolutely true. My first years in life were growing up in New Orleans, and I remember eating fresh fruit from ours and the neighbourhood kids' yards; Bananas, berries, zucchini, tomatoes, etc., ... and when Creole tomatoes were in season, August, then we had big creole tomatos sliced into steaks with a bit o salt n peppa! No cooking for mom... delish. :): Years later in the early 80s I was visiting a friend who lived in remote Oregon mountain country, and we visited an old gal in the 'neighbourhood' to check out her orchard. She was 80 years old and her Pappa planted this orchard. It was looking a bit forlorn, neglected. But still some fruit! I forget the variety but it was something - glory. I have never heard of this variety before or since. Super Delicious. I remarked to my friend, Marc, that in the future most people will only know Red Delicious, etc. . He agreed. We are almost there in history.

The OP's statement is hard to gauge for me as we hardly eat out. Once a month if we have to. That kind of life. So.... ingredients used in most restaurants are just the cheapest they can get. Here in Australia, Woolies and Coles are the main grocery chains, and the fruit and veggies look ok, but taste bland, or has not much post-prandial satisfaction. There isn't much nutrition in it. Looks like cilantro but tastes like weak parsley. That kind of thing.

We buy as much as we can from local small farmers, and if it is spray free or organic that's great. Do what we can while we can.

P

Peatness

One strange thing I've noticed with melons just this season, never before, is the quality can change by bite, both by taste and texture. One bite tastes decent, the next no or unpleasant taste. Random bites that come from well in the fleshy part have a rind-like texture. The next bite from right next to it in the flesh has the usual, expected texture. I don't see any visual difference between the two. Very strange.

I worked in produce many years. My Dad grew melons in gardens growing up. Of course, I've eaten many a melon in over a half decade of life. I've never experienced that kind of variability within the same melon that I can recall but in the course of several watermelons and a couple honeydews eaten this year I've run into it frequently.

Anyone else noticing such a thing?
Yes I have noticed the variability with water melons. I stopped eating them about a year ago because the texture was strange . Celest Solum mentioned melons in one of her interview when she was discussing hydrogel. I never know if to believe her or not but it did make me think twice about water melons.

BrianF

One of my waitrose eggs was floating in water this week. This has never happened before. When waitrose falls it's the end of civilisation.
If you can't depend on Waitrose, you can't depend on the sun setting at the end of the day.

Birdie

Yes I have noticed the variability with water melons. I stopped eating them about a year ago because the texture was strange . Celest Solum mentioned melons in one of her interview when she was discussing hydrogel. I never know if to believe her or not but it did make me think twice about water melons.
Me too. The so called seedless ones have seeds that are just hard to see. And the texture is horrible. Sometimes you'll run into a good one... Now that you mention it I wonder about the hydrogel possibility too.

We do have some good honey dos and other melons here (this time of year).

Birdie

I have been trying to edit my post - phone changed my “you” for a “your”. I keep getting this message below anyone know why? @Blossom?

View attachment 36591
I get that message sometimes when I hope to edit. When it happens I just give up but it's disappointing. Thanks for posting it. I never thought to do that and ask the question!

Birdie

The social liberals encourage praising them as if nothing is wrong, and the social conservatives (at least the young ones I know) encourage hating them due to their believed fantasy that obesity is a matter of pigging out
Yes. Whenever I can I say it's not their fault but the fault of Big Food. I mean I try to change the narrative in some small way. I talk about foods being purposely addictive or some other little "wisdom" that comes to mind.

Birdie

It's not that, it's that obesity has nothing to do with calories (in many cases)
That's the idea. I think it helps when we get in there rather than criticizing. I mean attempting to ....(Ug, I hate it when the washing machine alert goes off in the middle of trying to comment here)..

It's the open mindedness that you show by considering the generally unconsidered thoughts. I mean in the population that watches tv a lot and goes by media opinion.

I have 10 years experience of Overeaters Anon. with people who share their stories. It's a lot more than just getting too many calories. But I'm no expert just experienced.

akgrrrl

One of my waitrose eggs was floating in water this week. This has never happened before. When waitrose falls it's the end of civilisation.

Dr Rima Laibow Speaks on Codex Alimentarius & Food Nazification (FULL) 2009​

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55g-ajvxLPY

THIS is awesome, a reminder sorely needed, thankyou thankyou. I first heard of Codex Alimentaris when certifying for alternative health course certifications.
Drink milk? WHICH milk?
Eat meats? WHICH meats?
Take supplements? WHICH supps?

P

Peatness

THIS is awesome, a reminder sorely needed, thankyou thankyou. I first heard of Codex Alimentaris when certifying for alternative health course certifications.
Drink milk? WHICH milk?
Eat meats? WHICH meats?
Take supplements? WHICH supps?
I am still trying to figure out how the globalist are protecting themselves from poisoning. Sooner or later their food/water supply will be contaminated too?

AlaskaJono

I am still trying to figure out how the globalist are protecting themselves from poisoning. Sooner or later their food/water supply will be contaminated too?
Yeah you right ... I have wondered that for decades, seriously. How do the Ultra wealthy think their individual physiology/biochemistry, and that of their offspring, is better equipped to effectively deal with radioactivity, lead, mercury, cadmium, bpa bisphenol A, etc.. Polluting the earth literally pollutes our bodies. (Food grown on planet earth anyway). It all leads to cancer and lower fertility in males and females, etc. My only 'working conclusion' - ie not definitive - is that psychological hubris blocks their thought processes of these so called Elites. This, in point of fact, is their weakness.

Lollipop2

Yeah you right ... I have wondered that for decades, seriously. How do the Ultra wealthy think their individual physiology/biochemistry, and that of their offspring, is better equipped to effectively deal with radioactivity, lead, mercury, cadmium, bpa bisphenol A, etc.. Polluting the earth literally pollutes our bodies. (Food grown on planet earth anyway). It all leads to cancer and lower fertility in males and females, etc. My only 'working conclusion' - ie not definitive - is that psychological hubris blocks their thought processes of these so called Elites. This, in point of fact, is their weakness.
OR they have the resources to buy, grow, build the healthiest of healthiest environments, food, water, clean air (no spraying over them), etc.

AlaskaJono

OR they have the resources to buy, grow, build the healthiest of healthiest environments, food, water, clean air (no spraying over them), etc.
There is a limit to staying 'clean' by living in a controlled environment. Radiation from Chernobyl, Fukushima, urine with 'diluted' medications, mercury, other pollutants, etc., makes its way in the air and in the water, Pacific Ocean, and will go everywhere within a few months/years. Water, Air, Earth are .... well, not what they used to be. PTFE, polytetrafluoroethylene, and other 9 syllable ingredients just did not exist in soil or water or air in our Great great grandparents time. Not saying that we are doomed, just that we all will be affected by the actions of our ancestors.

Lollipop2

There is a limit to staying 'clean' by living in a controlled environment. Radiation from Chernobyl, Fukushima, urine with 'diluted' medications, mercury, other pollutants, etc., makes its way in the air and in the water, Pacific Ocean, and will go everywhere within a few months/years. Water, Air, Earth are .... well, not what they used to be. PTFE, polytetrafluoroethylene, and other 9 syllable ingredients just did not exist in soil or water or air in our Great great grandparents time. Not saying that we are doomed, just that we all will be affected by the actions of our ancestors.
All of this can be nullified and taken care of with enough resources. Trust me, think 100’s of millions to billions of dollars. I could certainly do it!! Radiation would be the hardest to manage.

AlaskaJono

All of this can be nullified and taken care of with enough resources. Trust me, think 100’s of millions to billions of dollars. I could certainly do it!! Radiation would be the hardest to manage.
I appreciate your optimism Lolli. I read this book in the mid 90's, Our Stolen Future, and it is all bout the chemicals in our bodies and on our planet. I checked earlier this year and they somehow have an old skool website still up and sort of updated. Worth a look for those who want to peek at the serious implications of this all.
Below from this site: http://www.ourstolenfuture.com/NewScience/broadtrends.htm
  1. Exposure is ubiquitous. All humans have been exposed, to varying amounts. Some have more exposure. Some have less. But no one has no exposure. No baby has been born for at least three decades without some exposure in the womb. Every person has several hundred novel chemicals in their body, chemicals not part of human body chemistry before the 20th century.
  2. Laboratory experiments show that exposures have impacts at levels far lower than had been considered possible in traditional toxicology. The exquisite sensitivity of natural hormonal control to interference by endocrine disruptors will force many changes in regulations, as the current system is inadequate.
  3. Many more hormone systems, perhaps all chemically-mediated message systems, are now known to be vulnerable to endocrine disruptors. The study of endocrine disruption began with a focus on compounds capable of mimicking or interfering with estrogen. Now science has revealed disruptors for almost every hormone system that has been studied. This includes other sex steroid hormones, like testosterone and progesterone, as well as thyroid and retinoids.
Unfortunately the whole Great Reset theme of how 'we humans have to protect the earth quickly' and the current war on food, I mean carbon, also via Codex Alimentarius (lowering of standard vitamin and nutrients daily need agenda) has no component regarding pollutants and estrogen mimickers, and 'harmless' Roundup sprayed on our veggies, etc. Isn't that telling... .

AlaskaJono

Just found this from F William Engdahl.

With anachronyms like EAT, and FReSH, what we gotta worry about?

akgrrrl

No. They have their own (underground?)gardens and cows fed real grass. They have the best heirloom seeds from before gmo began and the best of everything on their huge estates buffered by thousands of square miles. I know for sure, the fed has large tracts here of pristine land. 2million acre "wildlife reserve" right where I live. The general population is only allowed a small zone next to coastal highways. It would be easy to hide a selfcontained estate here with unlimited resources,distances are so great and there are only 3 or 4 main roads. To give some perspective, the state of Texas would fit 5X into the State of Alaska. It is well known the short growing season with 20hr sunlight makes for monster veggies. Check out pics of a State Fair

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals