Who else has noticed a huge decrease in food quality the last few years

Here are examples from Australia

Fruits and vegetables taste worse, go off and rotten faster

Meat looks weird, looks the wrong colour in supermarkets

Orange juice 4$ per litre up from $2.50

Milk $3 litre up from $2 litre

Coca cola 70 cents a can up from 50 cents a can

Lollipop2

Yes the quality of food has drastically declined. Can not find one good tasting organic tomato - all come from Mexico and are hard and tasteless. Sat one on the counter for 7 days - 7 days mind you , and it was still hard and absolutely no taste - nada nothing. I had to admit how surprised I was.

Fruit quality has dramatically declined. I have resorted to small production varieties of organic apples from Washington state. They tend to be good. Last year we could get delicious sumo oranges from California. This year they were hard, dry, zero flavor.

Some good local organic vegetables like radishes, carrots, onions, potatoes.

Prices in US have skyrocketed because of inflation.

Meat quality at Whole Foods has definitely declined - now have to source locally.

My husband and I have given up on restaurants. We won’t even try to shop at normal grocery stores. I watch the food my family eats and am shocked at how bad the quality is. They don’t even notice.

OP
R

ReSTART

Fruit and vegetables were already terrible in Australian supermarkets (woolworths coles) , but now they’re terrible and expensive…

Blossom

Forum Supporter
And it’s all by design sadly. I’m so grateful to have a good long-standing relationship with a farm family for meat.

Lollipop2

And now you have it from Victoria…your won’t be able to grow your own food now ??‍♀️

I have been trying to edit my post - phone changed my “you” for a “your”. I keep getting this message below anyone know why? @Blossom?

08EE6DF1-A9A2-4DE5-868C-E22E92F41651.png

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

akgrrrl

Huge Decline In Food Quality Since 1980's
Look at any photos from 1970s of gatherings at the beach, theater openings, parades, fairgrounds etc, There are no fat people. Today, media encourages praising people who are fat as if nothing is wrong, and that obesity is not unhealthy. Pictures do not lie, neither do the statistics on obesity, MEDIA LIES

InChristAlone

I can't even buy produce anymore. The quality you get for the price isn't worth it. Bananas are the only crop worth a darn. And good mangoes or melons if you can find them in season. I don't trust orange juice anymore, the groves are struggling with disease so they are probably loaded with pesticides. Apples, peaches, pears and grapes are also loaded with pesticides.

P

Peatness

One of my waitrose eggs was floating in water this week. This has never happened before. When waitrose falls it's the end of civilisation.

lvysaur

Today, media encourages praising people who are fat as if nothing is wrong
The social liberals encourage praising them as if nothing is wrong, and the social conservatives (at least the young ones I know) encourage hating them due to their believed fantasy that obesity is a matter of pigging out

Dean

One strange thing I've noticed with melons just this season, never before, is the quality can change by bite, both by taste and texture. One bite tastes decent, the next no or unpleasant taste. Random bites that come from well in the fleshy part have a rind-like texture. The next bite from right next to it in the flesh has the usual, expected texture. I don't see any visual difference between the two. Very strange.

I worked in produce many years. My Dad grew melons in gardens growing up. Of course, I've eaten many a melon in over a half decade of life. I've never experienced that kind of variability within the same melon that I can recall but in the course of several watermelons and a couple honeydews eaten this year I've run into it frequently.

Anyone else noticing such a thing?

akgrrrl

Here is another thing. If you are not old enough to REMEMBER what food tasted like, looked like, felt like in the 1970s and even 1980s, then all that has been tasted in the 1990s and early 2000s seems normal. Those who have been eating the massively modified food of the last 20 years have. No. Idea.

DMF

One strange thing I've noticed with melons just this season, never before, is the quality can change by bite, both by taste and texture. One bite tastes decent, the next no or unpleasant taste. Random bites that come from well in the fleshy part have a rind-like texture. The next bite from right next to it in the flesh has the usual, expected texture. I don't see any visual difference between the two. Very strange.

I worked in produce many years. My Dad grew melons in gardens growing up. Of course, I've eaten many a melon in over a half decade of life. I've never experienced that kind of variability within the same melon that I can recall but in the course of several watermelons and a couple honeydews eaten this year I've run into it frequently.

Anyone else noticing such a thing?
Absolutely! Lemons, especially ones that come several to a bag, have mealy dry skin and SO MANY seeds. Cantaloupe/Casaba Melons don't exactly ripen like they used to - if they ripen at all the taste is there but they're still kind of "hard".
How about celery - thin and stringy.
Who could say this is GMF in action, or it's shipping - storage, refrigeration, packing, etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals