• Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

Huge Black Bowel Movements

steel_reserve

My eight year old son's bowel movements are enormous, black, and they smell like sewer gas.

Should I be concerned.

Wotan

Yes, you should be concerned. Black bowel movements can be a sign of internal bleeding. I speak from personal experience with a bleeding stomach ulcer. My doctor admitted me to the hospital after determining blood in the stopl. Definitely see a doctor ASAP.

Peatful

My eight year old son's bowel movements are enormous, black, and they smell like sewer gas.

Should I be concerned.
Vomiting?
Pain?
Tarry? Formed? Loose?

What did he eat 24/48 prior?
Were you able to capture a picture?

Last edited:

steel_reserve

This is how it's always been for the last few years. I don't think it is some emergency.

I will ask his doc.

My youngest son has museum quality bowel movements that barely smell and he only needs one wipe.

The one in question requires a freshy-fresh and it smells awful.

michael94

could you take a picture next time if it happens again

and its not necessarily a bad thing ...
the problem we have is our bowel movements arent carryingenough toxins out

InChristAlone

I find a lot of cocoa can darken stool.