HTMA Results - Any Thoughts?

scoobydoo

Hey All! It would mean a lot if people could give suggestions of a course of action to take based off of these results I got from the hair mineral analysis test. To me it looks like the high copper and calcium could be signs of IR, adrenal fatigue, and possibly estrogen dominance. Any thoughts on how best to support adrenals. I was thinking of starting with some magnesium bicarbonate and getting more minerals from steamed veggies.

Attachments

• Scan0137.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 70

mmb82

Hey All! It would mean a lot if people could give suggestions of a course of action to take based off of these results I got from the hair mineral analysis test. To me it looks like the high copper and calcium could be signs of IR, adrenal fatigue, and possibly estrogen dominance. Any thoughts on how best to support adrenals. I was thinking of starting with some magnesium bicarbonate and getting more minerals from steamed veggies.

I would not rely on a hair mineral analysis test for an accurate picture of copper status. I would get a blood test for zinc and copper to get more insight into what is going on there. The ratio of copper and zinc in the blood should give you a better idea of whether your copper is high. Right now, your hair test shows low zinc, but again, I would not consider supplementing zinc without blood tests.

As for the high calcium, you also have low sodium, low magnesium and low potassium. All these point toward reduced adrenal activity and hypothyroidism, which is pointed out in the analysis. Out of curiosity, are you currently taking a vitamin D supplement? Vitamin D supplements (in excess) can drive potassium down and bring calcium levels up. If you are taking a vitamin D supplement, I would stop taking it for now.

High calcium can be lowered with vitamin K2 and magnesium. Keeping potassium levels up can also be helpful as you get rid of some of the excess calcium. Your selenium is also low. Selenium can help with thyroid function.

What does your current diet look like?

OP
S

scoobydoo

I would not rely on a hair mineral analysis test for an accurate picture of copper status. I would get a blood test for zinc and copper to get more insight into what is going on there. The ratio of copper and zinc in the blood should give you a better idea of whether your copper is high. Right now, your hair test shows low zinc, but again, I would not consider supplementing zinc without blood tests.

As for the high calcium, you also have low sodium, low magnesium and low potassium. All these point toward reduced adrenal activity and hypothyroidism, which is pointed out in the analysis. Out of curiosity, are you currently taking a vitamin D supplement? Vitamin D supplements (in excess) can drive potassium down and bring calcium levels up. If you are taking a vitamin D supplement, I would stop taking it for now.

High calcium can be lowered with vitamin K2 and magnesium. Keeping potassium levels up can also be helpful as you get rid of some of the excess calcium. Your selenium is also low. Selenium can help with thyroid function.

What does your current diet look like?
I have not been taking Vitamin D due to the calcium in blood being high as well. The magnesium is kinda surprising because I already have been taking magnoil in higher amounts at bed for a while. The potassium is also surprising as I take electrolytes and eat a lot of potatoes.

diet is primarily lean chicken breast, steak, gelatin, occasional organ meats from farm, lactose free milk, lots of fruit and cooked kale. Occasional quinoa and rice as well
I think the phosphorous also suggests I should back down on muscle meats

mmb82

Your diet seems fine as long as you are consuming enough calories. Do you log your diet at all to get a sense of how many calories you are consuming and where they are coming from in terms of macros?

In general, that mineral pattern on the hair test indicates some kind of chronic stress state. I had a similar pattern about 8 or 9 years ago when I was recovering from many years of anorexia. Have you evaluated your stress levels? Are you overly stressed at school or work? Are you overexercising? Are you not sleeping enough? Have you been feeling sick or under the weather? Are you in a toxic relationship? Do you fast or have you been under-eating? How is digestion? Are you having at least one substantial bowel movement a day?

I don't know if someone else on the forum can chime in on additional blood tests you can get or some suggestions of "low hanging fruit" to get you feeling better. In general, I think that the more you can reduce stress, the better. If you are suffering from poor digestion, you could potentially have some kind of bacterial overgrowth or gut dysbiosis that might be driving your stress state. Testing your stool could help you discover if there is a problem there and also give insight into what bacterial strain you are dealing with.

Just some thoughts. Sorry if they are not helpful.

mmb82

I was just listening to an episode of Danny Roddy's Live Stream and high serum calcium came up:

OP
S

scoobydoo

Your diet seems fine as long as you are consuming enough calories. Do you log your diet at all to get a sense of how many calories you are consuming and where they are coming from in terms of macros?

In general, that mineral pattern on the hair test indicates some kind of chronic stress state. I had a similar pattern about 8 or 9 years ago when I was recovering from many years of anorexia. Have you evaluated your stress levels? Are you overly stressed at school or work? Are you overexercising? Are you not sleeping enough? Have you been feeling sick or under the weather? Are you in a toxic relationship? Do you fast or have you been under-eating? How is digestion? Are you having at least one substantial bowel movement a day?

I don't know if someone else on the forum can chime in on additional blood tests you can get or some suggestions of "low hanging fruit" to get you feeling better. In general, I think that the more you can reduce stress, the better. If you are suffering from poor digestion, you could potentially have some kind of bacterial overgrowth or gut dysbiosis that might be driving your stress state. Testing your stool could help you discover if there is a problem there and also give insight into what bacterial strain you are dealing with.

Just some thoughts. Sorry if they are not helpful.

Appreciate the response! And my thoughts are that this could be showing that i'm still recovering from possibly undereating. The Gut is also a part of this as I have found some opportunistic bacteria very high in my stool such as H pylori and clostridia, these are known to affect adrenals and horomones in general so it could be that. I also have been in a calcium deficiency for a long time

Thanks again

Osukhan

Appreciate the response! And my thoughts are that this could be showing that i'm still recovering from possibly undereating. The Gut is also a part of this as I have found some opportunistic bacteria very high in my stool such as H pylori and clostridia, these are known to affect adrenals and horomones in general so it could be that. I also have been in a calcium deficiency for a long time

Thanks again
hey just came across this post, looking to see if you made improvements? i have a very similar htma

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals