HS Senior needs something for anxiety

sunmountain

My daughter is under a lot of pressure on a number of fronts as a HS senior. She has GAD and ADHD. She's having classroom issues at a time when she can't afford to, and I think the GAD is responsible.

I would be grateful for any recommendations to help her anxiety. For me, pregnenolone is slowly undoing decades of anxiety wiring. I'm starting to think its effect is cumulative. But I have heard that only older people are deficient in preg. Does that mean a teenager would not benefit from it?

What other supplements or drugs are there that have helped you all?

I am hoping to start her on low dose thyroid, but that will take time to order from Thailand, as she is more comfortable with the idea of NDT.

She usually eats well, though lately she is eating a bit less due to fatigue from an unexplained fever 3-4 weeks ago, and she is still on the doxy for that.

Thanks a lot.

G

gummybear

Maybe she has high serotonin? Try cypro or ondansetron? Thyroid helps also for sure.

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

Thanks, Gummy. I take cypro myself from time to time, 4mg at bedtime. I take it for gut issues and sleep. I didn't notice any difference in anxiety, but I may have started it AFTER starting preg...I don't remember. It can certainly be an option.

I've seen onandsetron mentioned in posts, but don't know how it differs in action from cypro for anxiety.

I can also have her start progest-e as I'm sure she is estrogen dominant.

I'm swamped right now or I would do some reading myself.

Thanks

tara

Maybe worth trying, if she's not already: lots of fruit and/or fruit juice, milk, cheese, salt, at least 100g protein a day, maybe more, including some gelatine as stock or jellies, roughly 3000 cals give or take. Run a chronometer on her diet and see if there are any obvious micronutrient deficiencies. Magnesium and calcium. I'm finding chicken neck stock helpful: I cook up a big batch, and freeze dozens of ice cubes, then drink a regular small amount morning and night (started at 2 ice cubes, gradually increased).

BingDing

Agreed with Tara, plenty of good food is a great idea. Hagandaz ice cream for breakfast might be an easy sell and would be healthy.

The inhibitory amino acids are very safe, taurine is similar to and promotes the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA, which counteracts anxiety. Taurine is very easy to take orally, it's a light, tasteless, crytalline powder that dissolves instantly in the mouth. Or on ice cream!

FWIW, I have found all fruit juices to be too strong, ever since I was a kid. I always dilute them with water. That might make fruit juice an easier sell.

Milk and OJ is 98% of a complete, healthy diet, IMO.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals