How's The RPF Staying Warm This Winter?

Could be with food, beverages, gadgets, etc.

For me I've found that eating heavily salted meat, taking a source of iodine (usually as whole seaweed), doing bodily mobility work, or Wim Hof breathing are all things that noticeably improve my feeling of bodily warmth quickly.

Experiences welcome.

Jennifer

Lots of hot cocoa, salty cheese, long magnesium chloride and floral oil baths, alpaca wool socks, a heated blanket for at night, dancing, rebounding and snowshoeing.

gaze

i would also like to ask, what temperature does everyone keep their house at?

MatheusPN

Nothing unusual, very simple things. With Sun warmth and sometimes at night air conditioner at 21º C or 69 farenheit :):

Inaut

No more than 2mg a day most days @Twohandsondeck . I don’t get much effect from it but I’m generally calmer(and my body temps rise quickly after taking)

OP
Twohandsondeck
No more than 2mg a day most days @Twohandsondeck . I don’t get much effect from it but I’m generally calmer(and my body temps rise quickly after taking)

Gotcha.

Couple weeks ago I took like 800mcg before bed (not wise) and I definitely got the temperature effect accompanied by concerning heart palpitations for a couple hours and feeling of severe dehydration.

At least I'm confident that the fish in my stomach will lay great eggs

LuMonty

Window kits and extra foam trim around the door to keep the weather out. Salt and fleece otherwise.

Yep, agree with this MB, I drop 0.5mg x2 on a sugar cube and let it dissolve in mouth, eazie peazie :):

Jam

Philips 250W heat lamps, starch drowned in salt and saturated fat, pushups, running up stairs, SSKI, and prickly ash bark tincture... that one really gets the extremities cookin'.

Jennifer

Oooo much fancy, many exotic
LOL I purchased them at a farmers’ market from an alpaca wearing a mask...

upload_2020-12-3_7-29-39.jpeg

OP
Twohandsondeck
Doesn't the method raise adrenaline?

Uhhhhhh
Maybe

prickly ash bark tincture

Oh hey I have a bag of that stuff in the pantry that I never found a good use for. I'll give it a go.

LOL I purchased them at a farmers’ market from an alpaca wearing a mask...

I see you didn't show the feet of the alpaca. Very suspect

A mask-wearing alpaca that gets just their socks routinely trimmed (for societal contribution) would be a great mascot for American college kids. It's really a model citizen when you think about it.

Have a sock, give a sock

boris

Doesn't the method raise adrenaline?

Yes, it raises adrenaline and cortisol to insane amounts. Just by lying in bed and doing his breathing technique, you will produce more adrenaline than someone who is doing a bungee jump for the first time in their life:
https://www.wimhofmethod.com/uploads/kcfinder/files/biology-now-chapter-22-Wim-Hof.pdf
Kox measured the levels of a stress hormone called cortisol in Hof's blood. Hof's blood after the ice, breathing, and meditation regimen contained far higher levels of cortisol than before.
Kox measured Hof's blood levels for hormones and cytokines. Kox then compared Hof's results to those of a control group of 112 healthy volunteers who had previously taken the same test. To the scientists' surprise, as soon as Hof began practising his breathing techniques, his adrenaline levels skyrocketed.
....while performing the breathing techniques, the trainees showed higher adrenaline levels than the controls - higher even than the adrenaline produced by a person's first bungee jump. "They produced more adrenaline just by lying in bed than somebody standing in front of an abyss going to jump in fear for the first time", says Hof.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom