How's The RPF Staying Warm This Winter?

Explorer

It seems to work well for some people, but not for me.

I did Buteyko breathing for almost a year (Wim Hof before that) and it increases stress symptoms for me. I am not in tune with my body when I restrict breathing in that way. Makes me feel jittery, impatient and kind of unable to solve problems in a constructive manner. Breathing freely, deeply, like a smooth wave, makes me feel and perform best.
Yeah I find breathing naturally is the best and artificial interventions while are useable in specific situations the best in general is to just let things flow naturally.

MitchMitchell

lots of animal protein breakfast lunch dinner
all minerals and vitamins nice and high

as of supplements: T3, Dhea, considering melatonin since Rouzier says it's improved hair in many patients of his. Color, texture. Dhea and Melatonin must be micronized and sustained release. It also makes sense to have some on hand when it's night time at freakin 430pm rn.

Andman

giving the steve richfield temp reset a try

thyroid noticeably down after quitting smoking (again :D )

GelatinGoblin

I can't believe this is your pig?! So cute! o_O

Aren't you in Russia?!
Funnily for some, here is the third coldest city of Brazil, mostly because its also the highest city...
"Throughout the year, the temperature generally ranges from 13 ° C to 28 ° C and is rarely below 10 ° C or above 32 ° C."
The days are recurrently at least 24/ 75,5 at sun time, only the night is cold. And contrary to what many brazilians think, its not anymore the city of drizzle, 10 years ago it was, out of nowhere came a weak drizzle.

Well thanks for sharing, uhmm, I hope here arise more similar things. If it was true it would come out of the Peatarian current stereotype...

Haha I'm from Israel. Very sunny, even in the winter.
Lucky for you to live at a high altitude :): as per Peat. I live in a valley near sea level unfortunately.

In Russia there aren't many place where it gets above 35 degrees, although sometimes there is an extreme temperature spectrum (like -40 in the winter and 30 in the summer. 70 degrees!). Generally in the Kavkaz region in the summer it gets fairly hot (30s), especially for the people it feels hot after a cold winter. The highest recorded was 45 in some dry lands, (Utta) looks similar to vast nothingness in Kazakhstan. Interesting ranges, very limited, pretty unusual. Sounds pretty good actually. Cold air probably too. Sign me up :):

Jam

Another thing that turns me into a furnace is 5-10 drops of Cayenne tincture in a warm glass of water.

Oh, the heartbreak of not being able to wear warm, fuzzy socks because you need to slather topical vitamins on the tops of your feet.

Lots of salt, hot soups, hot apple juice or coffee. Especially recommend warm, boiled, sugared goat milk. (Hat tip to @commas and Danny Roddy.) Anything that increases CO2 also tends to warm me up.

Last edited:
I’m doing cold showers 2-3 minutes every day. If I’m tired and not really feeling it I do contrast showers from warm to cold. No more cold hands and feet, helps a ton with the winter bLues and way less anxiety. It takes a few weeks to get used to them. Cold exposure helps to reduce inflammation and retain vitamin D. Also using a UvB lamp few times a week and red light daily.

Jennifer

@Creative Nature, I’m not sure if this will soak up too much of your vitamins, but have you tried wearing a type of liner sock under warm socks? During cold and flu season, I sometimes apply essential oils of oregano and clove in fractionated coconut oil to the bottoms of my feet before bed and wear cheap ankle socks to protect my sheets from potentially getting stained by the oils. I typically wait 5 minutes for the oils to absorb before putting the socks on.

@Creative Nature, I’m not sure if this will soak up too much of your vitamins, but have you tried wearing a type of liner sock under warm socks? During cold and flu season, I sometimes apply essential oils of oregano and clove in fractionated coconut oil to the bottoms of my feet before bed and wear cheap ankle socks to protect my sheets from potentially getting stained by the oils. I typically wait 5 minutes for the oils to absorb before putting the socks on.

Nnnnooooo, must not let socks steal precious vitamins.

But really, thanks, your idea could work for me. Thin athletic ankle socks likely wouldn't rub off the vitamins much if I waited, and much of the time, they'd be enough by themselves to keep my feet warm.

Jennifer

Nnnnooooo, must not let socks steal precious vitamins.

But really, thanks, your idea could work for me. Thin athletic ankle socks likely wouldn't rub off the vitamins much if I waited, and much of the time, they'd be enough by themselves to keep my feet warm.
Haha! You’re welcome! I hope it works out well for you. :)

golder

Oh, the heartbreak of not being able to wear warm, fuzzy socks because you need to slather topical vitamins on the tops of your feet.

Lots of salt, hot soups, hot apple juice or coffee. Especially recommend warm, boiled, sugared goat milk. (Hat tip to @commas and Danny Roddy.) Anything that increases CO2 also tends to warm me up.
Thanks for this! Is it important to boil the goat and then let it cool down slightly to drink it warm? Can we just mildly heat it to save time or is there added benefit in boiling first? Much appreciated!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom