How’s A Meat, Egg And Fruit Juice Diet?

K

Kratos

After trying all sorts of diets and getting phlebotomies to lower iron I am still carrying a lot of body fat or water and it won’t go away. I am going to try a next to non starch diet except for the starch in naked juice because they taste great and doesn’t give me stomach pain like whole fruit does. I am eliminating all kinds of dairy because when I drink milk it tastes sour so my body doesn’t want it and also grains because it also tastes sour due to the starch, and also not consuming cane sugar. After reading a lot I think I do have a stomach endotoxins problem and it’s screwing with my hormones and I have water retention and inflammation.

I’ve posted a lot of topics before about my body and how I just have chest and stomach fat and/or water and how it just doesn’t go away. I’ve tried everything except for a no starch diet and I hope it’s the issue otherwise I don’t know what else to do. I can put on muscle no problem but can’t get rid of this fat suit I’m carrying no matter what I do and it sucks.

redsun

After trying all sorts of diets and getting phlebotomies to lower iron I am still carrying a lot of body fat or water and it won’t go away. I am going to try a next to non starch diet except for the starch in naked juice because they taste great and doesn’t give me stomach pain like whole fruit does. I am eliminating all kinds of dairy because when I drink milk it tastes sour so my body doesn’t want it and also grains because it also tastes sour due to the starch, and also not consuming cane sugar. After reading a lot I think I do have a stomach endotoxins problem and it’s screwing with my hormones and I have water retention and inflammation.

I’ve posted a lot of topics before about my body and how I just have chest and stomach fat and/or water and how it just doesn’t go away. I’ve tried everything except for a no starch diet and I hope it’s the issue otherwise I don’t know what else to do. I can put on muscle no problem but can’t get rid of this fat suit I’m carrying no matter what I do and it sucks.

Not the worst diet. You say you can't do milk because it tastes sour but thats confusing as I am pretty sure milk isnt supposed to taste sour at all. In fact it can taste slightly sweet. Bad milk or bad brand in general? Also have you tried raw kefir, raw yogurt, or quality fermented cheeses instead?

Overall you should be good though for quite awhile and should see gut improvement eliminating starch and fibers in general. If the juice you use is say orange juice the diet shouldnt really be lacking anything significantly and most gaps from meat and eggs should be filled for the most part.

Arnold Grape

Would be curious to know if you have addressed your stomach issues with AC or carrot salad? For some reason, I was always too lazy to actually make the carrot salad with vinegar and coconut oil, which I believe are helpful aspects of this recipe in lieu of just eating a carrot.

Meanwhile, I see your approach and would like to see coffee or Red Bull in there with meals. I also think cheese is a decent suggestion where milk is causing issues.

If you have gut issues or suspect endotoxins, just try some horseradish, ginger, etc. Certain substances like these act like weak antibiotics and can provide relief of bad gut/hormonal issues to a mild degree I think, at least temporarily maybe. Can't hurt too much to try things like this, or perhaps some teas even.

When coming off the high PUFA and iron and overall poor eating and feeling background/lifestyle these little things can do a lot when combined together.

Also, since these things can act like antibiotics, consider K2 supplementation since that is I think a byproduct of bacteria which your gut produces and could be wiped out, so take heed with that.

If for nothing else just try some things soft on the stomach or "special treatment" on your digestion if you will, reducing the inflammatory foods, most street/fast foods, etc.

The bloat is almost always estrogen related, which just aligns with poor energy production since the cells in your body are apparently hydrophilic (holding water).

Meat and eggs and juice are all fine, but not necessarily in unspecified amounts. If most milk isn't tolerable just go with lactose free, A2 or a good amount of low fat cheese maybe.

It is probably both fat and water too since the endotoxins are bound to screw up metabolism overall and harbor fat gain, likely weaker thyroid, poor energy in the body and etc. (explaining the bloat, poor water clearance, ferritin, fat and sluggish metabolism overall)

I probably don't have all of the correct info, but that is likely the basic gist of things.

I would be worried about manganese. Pineapples and grapes are great sources. Not sure how much the juicing affects the mineral content of fruits though.
Pineapple, raw, all varieties Nutrition Facts & Calories
Grapes, american type (slip skin), raw Nutrition Facts & Calories

OP
K

Kratos

Not the worst diet. You say you can't do milk because it tastes sour but thats confusing as I am pretty sure milk isnt supposed to taste sour at all. In fact it can taste slightly sweet. Bad milk or bad brand in general? Also have you tried raw kefir, raw yogurt, or quality fermented cheeses instead?

Overall you should be good though for quite awhile and should see gut improvement eliminating starch and fibers in general. If the juice you use is say orange juice the diet shouldnt really be lacking anything significantly and most gaps from meat and eggs should be filled for the most part.

sometimes starches and milk has a sour after taste and it’s bad like my body is saying no more.

I tried the carrot and coconut oil and vinegar and it made me feel sick. I can’t tolerate caffeine, it makes me wired and I have trouble sleeping.

and thank you four for the replies.

Interesting never though about it this way. Are you saying that bloating is an estrogen issue sue?

Probably. I think you can maybe notice the subtle but tell-tale signs like the puffiness that might show up on arms, face, legs, or especially ankles in some cases. Any time there's "water weight" it's probably something to do with estrogen's effects on the body. I think you can also notice this on some of the bloated/puffy bodybuilders that seem more "soft" but muscly, as opposed to the lean/shredded ones that probably have estrogen crushed as much as possible. Of course this is only going by external signs -- not sure about it being in tissue/places you may not see too well in general.

In Ray Peat's observations, bloat is likely water/swelling from a "partially excited state" of a nerve or such -- and this is associated with poorer thyroid function. When thyroid is working well, including with the liver, estrogen is supposed to be detoxed better. Stress apparently can increase estrogen as it is a stress hormone and that's probably its purpose in "motion" -- dedifferentiating cells, potentiating the nervous/physical responses -- might be why some men or women can become bloated more when under excess stresses, a failing metabolism, weight/fat gain, depression/mental illness, etc. I had a relative who started showing these bloat signs, endotoxin/serotonin excess, poor energy/weakened body, depressed, etc. -- he died sort of young from a heart attack, so it seems to line up pretty well with the whole idea behind serotonin, endotoxin/gut bacteria, failing thyroid/metabolism and the heart becoming fibrotic from the poor energy metabolism overall. Some people get bloated and that doesn't mean they'll have heart issues, but it's all probably rooted in the same energy problems I would think. Aside from being lean, sometimes more thyroid is needed to help detox estrogen -- and other hormones or interventions to keep it at bay/lowered (DHT, I think, among the other more natural stuff like generic clean gut, low stress, good metabolism/digestion/energy). I don't know how much of this is psychological, as in our thoughts influencing and activating our nervous system and thus estrogen and etc. -- that's beyond me.

Here are some interesting things to point out about estrogen and hormones/cells/etc. from Peat's "Heart and hormones" article:

Various stresses can cause cells to dedifferentiate, but hypoxia is probably a common denominator. In the absence of estrogen, hypoxia can activate the "estrogen receptor." Estrogen is in some situations a hormone of dedifferentiation, facilitating the formation of new cells in stressed tissues, as aromatase is induced.

The deterioration of an organ is probably not a question of a lack of stem cells, but of changed conditions causing them to differentiate into something inappropriate for the full functioning of that organ.

The replacement of heart muscle by fibrous connective tissue and even bone is a basic biological problem of differentiation, and the responsible factors--stress, increased estrogen, deficient thyroid hormone, suppression of glucose oxidation by fatty acids, etc.--are involved in the problems of differentiation that occur in other degenerative processes, such as sarcopenia, dementia, and cancer.

My guess is that non-systemic or isolated bloating is just a weak form of the same thing, but I'm far from smart enough on this to elaborate further. Sometimes this becomes a chicken and egg thing where if 'X' caused 'Y' or 'Y' caused 'X', but I'm sure others know way more about this here than me for sure as I'm still learning from the beginning of it all, so I'm probably a bit wrong here/off in some ways.