Howdy Folks !!

marcar72

My name is Marc and I'm right at 3 months of eating Peat style. I'm pretty strick with it but not into any supplementation at all. For the most part I drink a gallon of lowfat 1% milk a day (vitamin A & D fortified), usually eat about 2 to 4 bananas, drink 12 ounces of salted OJ, eat 3/4 ounce Lindt 85% chocolate, and 2 raw egg yolks a day. Liver with a baked potato once a week, and sometimes vary Haagen Dazs or cheese in place of or addition to milk. I also have about 4 to 5 cups of coffee with sugar and 2 cups of tea per day...

What's your age?

I'm a 41 year old male

How did you find the forum?

Googling "Ray Peat diet"

How did you find Ray Peat's work?

Oddly enough, in the comment section of a Youtube video I clicked on when googling "optimizing Omega 3 uptake" as a rebuttal to the video I guess.

How long have you been Peating?

3 months

What is your favorite part about Peating?

The convenience and simplicity of it.

What is the worst part?

Grocery shopping for milk every 2 days. :lol:

What are your health issues?

For the most part I'm pretty darn fit and healthy. I gained a bit of weight after I quit smoking almost 4 years ago, but I managed to get my weight back down with some dietary changes I implemented about 2 years ago. (eating breakfast and reducing fat) I do feel that I was having some thyroid issues that I now mostly attribute to triclosan toothpaste. I've also had issues with insomnia/fatigue and low energy levels...

What other questions should we ask?.......

A/S/L lol, just being juvenile !! ;)

Dan W

Welcome, Marc!

I will have to do some reading on triclosan.

4peatssake

:welcome2 to the forum Marc!
And thanks for the heads up on triclosan. I've gotten off all chemicals and just brush with baking soda now and just starting to introduce oil pulling for oral health.

RP recommended sulphur soap to me for itching so I use that on occasion for itching.
Other than that all I'm using is baking soda and coconut oil for my skin and mouth.

Glad you have joined us and see you round the forum! It's a great place to learn about all things Peat and lots of other things too.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Marc, welcome to the forum. :welcome