How would you take aspirin topically

OP
ecstatichamster
Thanks. I suppose aspirin has water soluble so I could just use water but maybe the ethanol makes it more soluble through skin. I will try it.

Giraffe

"Aspirin (acetyl salicylic acid, USP) powder was dissolved in isopropyl alcohol or ethanol and propylene glycol (1.7:1 volvol) to a final concentration
of 94 mg/mL. Preliminary studies demonstrated that aspirin was stable in this vehicle, with <1% salicylate detected after 24 hours at room temperature. The aspirin preparation was made daily immediately before its application. Volunteers attended the pharmacy where the preparation was applied and were asked not to wash the area for at least 12 hours. The aspirin solution was applied to the forearm and upper arm over a 15-minute interval."

Attachments

• Transdermal Modification of Platelet Function.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
OP
ecstatichamster
"Aspirin (acetyl salicylic acid, USP) powder was dissolved in isopropyl alcohol or ethanol and propylene glycol (1.7:1 volvol) to a final concentration
of 94 mg/mL. Preliminary studies demonstrated that aspirin was stable in this vehicle, with <1% salicylate detected after 24 hours at room temperature. The aspirin preparation was made daily immediately before its application. Volunteers attended the pharmacy where the preparation was applied and were asked not to wash the area for at least 12 hours. The aspirin solution was applied to the forearm and upper arm over a 15-minute interval."

super helpful. Thank you.

Inaut

I've heard of people making copper salicylate. apparently it's great for pain relief. Haven't tried it but I think it would be a very useful solution.

MeatOrchid

Isnt propylene glycol anti-freeze?
Would it be safe long run?

Giraffe

Isnt propylene glycol anti-freeze?
Would it be safe long run?
Why would it matter if it changes the freezing point?

I haven't looked into propylene glycol. I understand that you find it in many cosmetics, pharmaceutical drugs and even some foods. @haidut wrote somewhere that he doesn't like it, but it's OK in small amounts for a short time.

Last edited:

AncestralJoy

I mix a tablet with a teeny amount of water and then honey and pop it on for half an hr as a face mask. Has helped tremendously with the acne I’ve had. The aspirin I’ve found is just aspirin in lactose so no excipients to worry about. Been very convenient

sunny

Does it mix with MCT oil? Actually, yes?

STABLE ASPIRIN-CONTAINING PREPARATIONS FOR EXTERNAL USE

"The stabilizing agents of the present invention are selected from substances having ability to dissolve Aspirin, too and for example, an ester of an organic acid having 2 to 20 carbon atoms, a glycerol fatty acid ester, silicon oil, hydrocarbon oil and crotamiton are used, and in general one substance or more selected from them are used. [0014] Examples of the organic acids of esters of organic acids having 2 to 20 carbon atoms are myristic acid, lauric acid, oleic acid, sebacic acid, palmitic acid, caprylic acid, isooctanoic acid, stearic acid, isostearic acid, acetic acid, propionic acid, isopalmitic acid, undecylic acid, linoleic acid, linolenic acid, adipic acid, salicylic acid, benzoic acid, lactic acid, caproic acid, eicosanic acid, etc., preferably myristic acid, oleic acid, sebacic acid, palmitic acid, isooctanoic acid, isostearic acid and adipic acid, more preferably myristic acid, oleic acid, sebacic acid and adipic acid. Examples of the 5 esters of the organic acids are esters with an aliphatic monoalcohol, such as methyl ester, ethyl ester, propyl ester, isopropyl ester, butyl ester, hexyl ester, octyl ester, decyl ester, cetyl ester, isocetyl ester, stearyl ester, isostearyl ester, oleyl ester, etc. [0015] Examples of the glycerol fatty acid esters are a plant oil, such as soy bean oil, almond oil, sesame oil, olive oil, camellia oil, corn oil, coconuts oil, etc., an animal oil, such as whale oil, lard, beef tallow, lever oil, etc., triacetin(glycerol 10 triacetate), a middle chain-fatty acid triglyceride, glycerol triisooctanoate, etc., preferably soy bean oil, almond oil, sesame oil, triacetin, a middle chain-fatty acid triglyceride and glycerol triisooctanoate, more preferably soy bean oil, almond oil and a middle chain-fatty acid triglyceride. [0016] Examples of the hydrocarbon oils are liquid paraffin, squalane, squalene, etc., preferably liquid paraffin and squalane. 15 [001 7] The stabilizing agents of the present invention do not only stabilize Aspirin, but also dissolve Aspirin. Therefore, in mixing the stabilizing agent in external preparations, it has enhancing effect of absorption of Aspirin from skin and it is very preferable."

Chad_Catholic

"The stabilizing agents of the present invention are selected from substances having ability to dissolve Aspirin, too and for example, an ester of an organic acid having 2 to 20 carbon atoms, a glycerol fatty acid ester, silicon oil, hydrocarbon oil and crotamiton are used, and in general one substance or more selected from them are used. [0014] Examples of the organic acids of esters of organic acids having 2 to 20 carbon atoms are myristic acid, lauric acid, oleic acid, sebacic acid, palmitic acid, caprylic acid, isooctanoic acid, stearic acid, isostearic acid, acetic acid, propionic acid, isopalmitic acid, undecylic acid, linoleic acid, linolenic acid, adipic acid, salicylic acid, benzoic acid, lactic acid, caproic acid, eicosanic acid, etc., preferably myristic acid, oleic acid, sebacic acid, palmitic acid, isooctanoic acid, isostearic acid and adipic acid, more preferably myristic acid, oleic acid, sebacic acid and adipic acid. Examples of the 5 esters of the organic acids are esters with an aliphatic monoalcohol, such as methyl ester, ethyl ester, propyl ester, isopropyl ester, butyl ester, hexyl ester, octyl ester, decyl ester, cetyl ester, isocetyl ester, stearyl ester, isostearyl ester, oleyl ester, etc. [0015] Examples of the glycerol fatty acid esters are a plant oil, such as soy bean oil, almond oil, sesame oil, olive oil, camellia oil, corn oil, coconuts oil, etc., an animal oil, such as whale oil, lard, beef tallow, lever oil, etc., triacetin(glycerol 10 triacetate), a middle chain-fatty acid triglyceride, glycerol triisooctanoate, etc., preferably soy bean oil, almond oil, sesame oil, triacetin, a middle chain-fatty acid triglyceride and glycerol triisooctanoate, more preferably soy bean oil, almond oil and a middle chain-fatty acid triglyceride. [0016] Examples of the hydrocarbon oils are liquid paraffin, squalane, squalene, etc., preferably liquid paraffin and squalane. 15 [001 7] The stabilizing agents of the present invention do not only stabilize Aspirin, but also dissolve Aspirin. Therefore, in mixing the stabilizing agent in external preparations, it has enhancing effect of absorption of Aspirin from skin and it is very preferable."
I don't like mct oil. Stains my clothes

Inaut

I tried this out and can confirm that aspirin does dissolve in mct oil. Will be testing this our going forward for skin and hair.

sunny

I tried this out and can confirm that aspirin does dissolve in mct oil. Will be testing this our going forward for skin and hair.
That's great, report back how it works for you. How much aspirin did you use, and how much mct?

Inaut

I think the dropper is about 2 ounces so almost 2 oz of mct and just over 1g of aspirin (kinda free poured it) as well as clove and thyme oil (4 drops each)

sunny

I think the dropper is about 2 ounces so almost 2 oz of mct and just over 1g of aspirin (kinda free poured it) as well as clove and thyme oil (4 drops each)
Did you add clove and thyroid for a therapeutic purpose, or for aroma?

Inaut

Did you add clove and thyroid for a therapeutic purpose, or for aroma?
More for therapeutic than aroma but it’s an interesting scent. They are synergistic and thyme oil is supposed to be pro-progesterone

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals