how would you help a friend?

SQu

If you had a friend whose teenage daughter had cancer last year, a sarcoma on her leg, who spent all year fighting this, with about 4 chemo rounds and an op; cleared of it; but came back this June and she was rushed into another op;
And if this friend was almost impossible to contact as she retreated to deal with this;
And if there was a tiny chance of seeing her and an even more miniscule chance of giving info, as chances of it being welcome are low, and desire is to support not give unasked for advice;
Then what article / post / info would you give?
Bearing in mind limited resources to read long article that doesn't seem, to fresh eyes, absolutely targeted to cancer or this particular one?
Background of good nutrition , home cooking, but sugar phobic, possibly fish oils, conventional health ideas, alternative medical choices for things like flu (but not for this.)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Attachments

• Cancer Disorder Aging 3_12.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 79

LucyL

I would not want to go through what your friend is going through by myself, certainly not from an alternative medicine perspective. There are so many options and so many things to consider in the way the body works, it's very overwhelming. So, what I might try is to make a list of people who you feel might give her good guidance, like Benedicte Mai Lerche who is linked on Peat's site, or the Herb Doctors, who seem to have a good grasp on Peats' ideas. There are probably several alternative cancer therapies that might work synergistically with Peat's approach, or at least provide a lot of good physical support to conventional cancer treatments. I just don't know them all.

Provide contact information and a little about their work/background and just hand her the list.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I must vouch for Benedicte M. Lerche PhD from Ray's links page. By the time I discovered Peat's work he had already removed his contact information so I consulted with her and have been very pleased with the service she provided. As time passes I'm more and more pleased with the results. I was in a very difficult predicament and felt going the medical route was no longer an option. The longer I study Peat's work the more I realize that Benedicte played a pivotal role in helping me heal in a timely manner. I may have eventually figured everything out on my own but it was much nicer to have someone help me when I was so ill. If your friend is interested in speaking with someone knowledgeable about Peat's views I highly recommend Benedicte. I think the fact that he lists her on his website speaks volumes. I hope everything works out for your friend.

OP
SQu

SQu

Thank you Charlie, Blossom, Lucy. I'm reading this now,going to print out,then see how it goes. Will also attach Benedicte's info.