CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. **NEW Mini Body Light** MBL1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Mini Body Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

How Well Could I Thrive On Just Bread, Cheese And Coffee?

Discussion in 'Ask For Help or Advice' started by TheSir, Feb 11, 2019.

1. TheSir

TheSir Member

I could eat microwaved non-pufa bread & cheese for every meal for the rest of my life. The taste of both complement each other, and the melted cheese has an irresistible texture. What do you think would be the first problems that I would eventually face on this diet?

2. Andman

Andman Member

severe orange juice deficiency!

3. Makrosky

Makrosky Member

Besides developing full blown orthorexia... maybe some vitamin/mineral deficiencies. Put it in cronometer and see what it says.

4. jamies33

jamies33 Member

Ive felt how you feel before, but about other meals. I'll say this - keep eating it, until you no longer feel like you could have it every meal of your life (I promise that this will occur).

5. somuch4food

somuch4food Member

I have had a diet of dairy and wheat in the back of my head for a while. I don't tire of those 2.

I ran cheese + sourdough into Cronometer.

You would need more C, E and K (depending on the cheese).

Choline, B6, B5 are also low. Including one serving of meat or eggs would help.

As for minerals, it's low in phosphorus, potassium and magnesium. Some seeds, nuts and dried fruits as snacks would take care of this I think.

With the above recommendations, we are still missing C. Some spices, cooked veggies and fruits could take care of this. Or a cup of juice.

6. sebastian_r

sebastian_r Member

Add meat to it and you'll be perfectly fine.

7. Jsaute21

Jsaute21 Member

I have a very similar diet that co workers rip on constantly. I either eat non pufa sourdough or corn torillas with cheese sticks or good cheese 2 meals a day and coworkers say "how aren't you fat?" I don't have the energy to tell them that their raw broccoli, brown rice & salmon are in fact much more harmful than my simple and tasty diet.

My answer would be is that your diet is good. Calcium, protein, vitamins A & D in the cheese, and b vitamins in the bread. Sure - you want to mix in some good seafood, meat, liver, potatoes, OJ once in a while but our diet is a good template and cheap as hell lol.

8. Dessert_All_Day

Dessert_All_Day Member

I second this.

9. Sativa

Sativa Member

Microwaving would significantly reduce the nutritional contents of the bread and cheese, leading to nutritional deficiencies (by distorting and damaging the structure of the desirable molecules). It's counter-intuitive, but very convenient!

The bread and [assuming its cow's] cheese would be metabolised and in part, produce Casomorphin (from milk); Gliadorphin/gluteomorphin (from gluten). These would provide some opioid receptor stimulation which would stimulate prolactin release (lowering dopamine which reduces motivation/energy etc), might hamper digestion, immunity; also endotoxin-symptoms (via activating the TLR4 receptor) as well as affecting the other interconnected neurotransmitter systems (serotonin, acetylcholine etc) - everyones internal bio-chemistry is different so the consequences will vary.

I guess the pleasurable aspect of opioid psychoactive effects will be experienced as feeling nice and enhance the sensation of enjoying the food. So that's worth factoring into your habitual food use I guess.

At least the coffee might help to counteract some of these! It would also stimulate digestion to process the tough gluten protein.
    In a psychoactive sense, the Coffee Dopamine effects would synergise well with the Opioid effects, resulting in a pleasurable expereince. It depends how your system can handle the daily influx of microwaved grains & dairy.

10. camagunn

camagunn Member

Vitamin A and k deficiency 100%

11. LucH

LucH Member

Pay attention to what follows, please.
    A study in the Lancet of 1989
    "Aminoacid Isomerisation and Microwave Exposure"
    G. Lubec, Chr. Wolf, B. Bartosch.
    Microwaving of formula has transformed some trans amino acids into synthetic cis isomers. Synthetic isomers, whether trans or cis, are not biologically active. In addition, one of the amino acids, L-proline, has been converted to the D-isomer, known to be neurotoxic and nephrotoxic (kidney-toxic). It is already worrying that many babies are not breastfed [or not long enough fed]; now they are given fake milk made even more toxic by the passage in the microwave oven.
    Source:
    http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736%2899%2904101-X/abstract

Additional info if you want to …
    Interesting links:

http://veganbio.typepad.com/veg_anbio/2009/06/fours-%C3%A0-microondes-un-choix-entre-sante-et-facilite.html
    => 10 raisons pour vous débarrasser de votre four à micro-ondes.
    => 10 reasons to get rid of your microwave oven

http://www.alterinfo.net/L-URSS-avait-interdit-les-micro-ondes-pour-leur-effet-mortel_a7784.html
    => L'URSS avait interdit le four à micro-ondes en 1976.
    => The USSR had forbidden the microwave in 1976.

http://www.cancersalves.com/articles/Microwave.html
    => The Hidden Hazards of Microwave Cooking. NEXUS Magazine, 1995.
    Procès contre un hôpital en Oklahoma relatif à une femme tuée par une transfusion sanguine qui était réchauffée, comme de coutume, au four micro-ondes.
    => Lawsuit against a hospital in Oklahoma because of a woman killed by a blood transfusion that was heated, and as usual, in the microwave.

[7] Song K and Milner J A. "The influence of heating on the anticancer properties of garlic," Journal of Nutrition 2001;131(3S):1054S-57S
    => 60 ' dans le four micro-ondes suffit pour tuer les enzymes de l'ail.
    In a study of garlic, as little as 60 seconds of microwave heating was enough to inactivate its allinase, garlic's principle active ingredient against cancer.

12. Sativa

Sativa Member

Some extra insight from haidut on the bread & dairy opioid metabolites (as identified in my initial post)
    - "...chronic consumption of opioids actually increases sensitivity to pain..." -

13. lampofred

lampofred Member

It probably wouldn't be sustainable to eat that as literally every meal for the rest of your life, but if the bread is not fortified with iron, it could probably be a good staple, similar to how milk + OJ is a staple for Peat.