How Toilet No2's Change As We Age

marsaday

I thought i would do a topic on something i have subconsciously been thinking about for the last few years.

It concerns the consistency of poo and how it differs as we get older. This can all be blamed on my 5 y/o daughter !

Every since my daughter has been a toddler and out of nappies we have been responsible for wiping her bum. We don't anymore thankfully, but we might have to help occasionally still. What i have noticed is that she has quite sold harder poos and when you wipe there is actually very little mess to wipe away. It just needs one or two wipes maximum and all is clean.

I remember my poos were exactly like this as well and i even remember my friend telling me once aged 11 or 12 that he S*** clay!

As i have gotten older the poo has softened up and so you have to do much more wiping.

I am assuming this is a very common thing to happen to all people, so what is going on here ?

A young person is getting rid of less waste water this way it seems.

Now the reason why i have decided to post this topic up is because i have noticed a change in my own no2's recently. They are more solid as opposed to soft and there is much less wiping required. The new thing in my life is testosterone gel replacement. This is the reason for the change in no2 shape.

I am taking this as a positive and see it all as being pro metabolic. So i have seen an improvement in my skin quality and colour, my weight has dropped a natural 2kg and i generally feel much better in mood. I am not experiencing any mega reactions to testosterone because i am just using physiological amounts, but it is certainly helping my overall metabolism.

So poo quality is possibly a good indicator for our overall metabolic health.

When you have improved gut health (faster transit time, less inflammation) you don’t usually soil your underwear or have to wipe. It’s a good indicator of improved health.

OP
M

marsaday

Ok, so young people naturally have this and as they age and eat poor quality food things go downhill.

When I go it varies more (like in dry or more soft).

Nothing alarming usually, but I felt that when I was more fit before/forcibly active I would go more consistently and more similarly.

I heard that going more often is a good sign (if stool is normal and not runny/diarrhea or etc.) as opposed to going significantly less at least.

I know some people go only once every few days or so, but I almost always go at least once every single day and pretty often "ideal" according to the Bristol stool chart at least (~Type 4).

But despite this I still seem to have indigestion and etc. at times. I feel I don't always absorb everything and digest 100%.

I thought i would do a topic on something i have subconsciously been thinking about for the last few years.

It concerns the consistency of poo and how it differs as we get older. This can all be blamed on my 5 y/o daughter !

Every since my daughter has been a toddler and out of nappies we have been responsible for wiping her bum. We don't anymore thankfully, but we might have to help occasionally still. What i have noticed is that she has quite sold harder poos and when you wipe there is actually very little mess to wipe away. It just needs one or two wipes maximum and all is clean.

I remember my poos were exactly like this as well and i even remember my friend telling me once aged 11 or 12 that he S*** clay!

As i have gotten older the poo has softened up and so you have to do much more wiping.

I am assuming this is a very common thing to happen to all people, so what is going on here ?

A young person is getting rid of less waste water this way it seems.

Now the reason why i have decided to post this topic up is because i have noticed a change in my own no2's recently. They are more solid as opposed to soft and there is much less wiping required. The new thing in my life is testosterone gel replacement. This is the reason for the change in no2 shape.

I am taking this as a positive and see it all as being pro metabolic. So i have seen an improvement in my skin quality and colour, my weight has dropped a natural 2kg and i generally feel much better in mood. I am not experiencing any mega reactions to testosterone because i am just using physiological amounts, but it is certainly helping my overall metabolism.

So poo quality is possibly a good indicator for our overall metabolic health.
I've noticed this when I started supplementing T3. It was very quick, I think after the first or the second day, my poops were perfect: not too soft, not too hard. They also had that "snake" shape, instead of being brittle. For a long time( years), I was used to pooping in a kind of diarrhea/ very soft stool pattern, which was much better than being chronically constipated, but now it's never like that. Always perfect poop, as long as I take T3.

Younger people have more metabolim-boosting steroids, including t3, so it makes sense that they poop well. Testosterone can lower cortisol, and cortisol can cause hypothyroidism, so maybe that's the mechanism through which test is hepling. It may also be doing something good to the muscles in the digestive track too. Pretty cool.

Thanks for sharing!

OP
M

marsaday

2x gel pumps. So 40 mcg. Because it’s through the skin this means about 20mcg of testosterone is used

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals