How To Use Orange Juice

gilbert90

How much at each serving and how often do you drink it?

I've noticed I get the same stress response if I drink too much as I do when I drink to little..
Should I sip a little every other hour? should I always have it with some protein? or is it fine to drink on its own.

Thanks

Last edited:

DaveFoster

If you're drinking commerical OJ, it'll irritate your gut. Kirkland's fresh squeezed is okay.

OP
gilbert90

gilbert90

No I buy oranges and squeeze them myself. I also remove the pulp.

Agent207

In this forum I read sometimes things I never saw nowhere else?

How to take orange juice? seriously? what is a stress response? Did you try to eat normal?

OP
gilbert90

gilbert90

In this forum I read sometimes things I never saw nowhere else?

How to take orange juice? seriously? what is a stress response? Did you try to eat normal?

No reason to be rude, I know it is a stress respone when I eat protein without carbs, I wanted to know if it will be the same stess respone from a large carb meal without protein.

M

marikay

How much at each serving and how often do you drink it?

I've noticed I get the same stress response if I drink too much as I do when I drink to little..
Should I sip a little every other hour? should I always have it with some protein? or is it fine to drink on its own.

Thanks

Hi.

Ray has said OJ is fine on its own. He has said it in interviews and a quote to this effect exists in the Ray Peat Q&A on the old Peatarian website. In fact I was re-reading that site just last night. I wonder if your response to the OJ is really just that the stress response had already started before you drank the OJ or maybe the oranges aren't sweet enough when you squeeze them. I sometimes have to add sugar solution to the OJ to get the calming effect. Just a thought...

OP
gilbert90

gilbert90

Hi.

Ray has said OJ is fine on its own. He has said it in interviews and a quote to this effect exists in the Ray Peat Q&A on the old Peatarian website. In fact I was re-reading that site just last night. I wonder if your response to the OJ is really just that the stress response had already started before you drank the OJ or maybe the oranges aren't sweet enough when you squeeze them. I sometimes have to add sugar solution to the OJ to get the calming effect. Just a thought...

I see, thank you marikay!

Squeezing the oranges yourself won't save you if they aren't very sweet, with very little acids. Many people have issues and instant cold feet, extreme irritation etc. when they aren't perfectly ripe and in my experience the good ones are hard to find in stores.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals