How To Treat Greasy Hair?

Ben

Whether I wash with shampoo, baking soda, water, or not at all, my hair always gets greasy. I don't know what else would help it. I tried not washing it too, for months, "no-poo", but it doesn't work.

Sheik

Nopoo took a lot longer for me than they said it should. My hair wasn't that greasy to begin with, though.

Stuart

Ben said:
Whether I wash with shampoo, baking soda, water, or not at all, my hair always gets greasy. I don't know what else would help it. I tried not washing it too, for months, "no-poo", but it doesn't work.

I used to have greasy hair too. The thing that finally worked with me was not using any surfactants (soap/shampoo etc.) - but even six months is not nearly enough, It can take up to 5 or 6 years.
Now obviously you can't endure the accumulating oil/sebum for that long. I can't stand my hear being greasy for even two days. So I found just using hot water followed by vigorous rubbing dry with a clean towel removes the greasy feeling a treat.
You can still use conditioner, if you want. Just don't use shampoo. And that means ever again. Or the problem will just come sneaking back.
Many people prone to greasy hair find their skin also is. Same applies for skin.
You'll find you save a lot of money on shampoo as well.
Vinegar didn't work for me at all Even dilute, it's still very acidic , and will change the pH of whatever part of your body you use it topically on. Internally its pH is quickly brought to the acidity of whatever part of your digestive tract it is introduced to. For example the pH in your stomach is very low.

Daimyo

@Ben

The quality of water affects how greasy my hair are and how fast they get greasy. When I came back to Poland my greasy hair and dandruff returned (I struggle with it since I was a teenager) :/ I think it's because of chlorine. You might try using rainwater (if it's possible).

I rinse my hair in a microbial product. It's called "Effective Microorganisms", produced by SCD, but I guess other brands will work as well. I use the Polish version of this stuff, but I guess for USA market it would be it:
http://www.scdprobiotics.com/SCD-Bio-Ag-p/a197-1.htm

It's used for gardening/agriculture but it helped my hair also. Good if your trainers (or dogs) stinks as well...

answersfound

Ben said:

Stop trying to treat individual symptoms and use this as an opportunity to look at the big picture and fix overall metabolic health.

Luann

Google "what to do for greasy hair?"

"Use more shampoo."

Google "Pet has greasy fur?"

He's sick or aging.

Makes you wonder.

Pet or livestock health is a way more truthful field than human health. They will tell you if X will cause you absorb less Z, how to really take pills, empty stomach or not. Sick pet symptoms can be more drastic than human (sometimes) that's how some of us end up taking horse aspirin. Because if the horses get sick off talc or fillers someone gets sued.