How To Treat Gingivitis At Home?

Aymen

this is gingivitis i got since switching to starch free diet but i blame myself i was eating a lot of white sugar and coffee without rinsing my mouth, it's bleeding sometimes if i brush it gently but most of the time i brush gently without bleeding and nowadays i brush using baking soda once a week and brush everyday before bed without any toothspate and it takes a lot of effort to remove the bacteria during brushing so i have to brush very gently.
I asked my mother and she said i don't have a bad odor especially when i finish every meal with milk and rinsing with water.
should i go to dentist?

Attachments

• _20200126_222907.JPG
    _20200126_222907.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 66

Heroico

Are you taking anything you are reacting to such as an anticonvulsant? That's a tremendous amount of gum hypertrophy.

Get a SonicCare electric toothbrush and use it three times daily (it times for a full 2 minutes). When the gingivitis recedes you can cut back on that but always do a 2 minute brush at night and a quick once-over after meals may be enough. And floss once every day.

I use baking soda and methylene blue; put a tablespoon of baking soda in a baggie and put in about 5 drops of methylene blue (you can use Oxidal at Idealabsdc.com, it will last you a year or so and has some other ingreadients that are fine). Shake the baking soda around until there is a faint blue color to the powder and the blue drops are evenly dispersed. Use only that to brush- it will correct the acidity under the gum line. You can also take a pinch of it and swish it around in your mouth as a rinse (it's fine to swallow if you don't mind the taste and leave the baking soda coating in your mouth).. You should be way better in a few weeks- if not I suppose you should ask a dentist.

thomas00

wow they are really inflamed. Does it hurt? I would definitely go to a dentist and get on an antibiotic mouthwash if they can give you one.

[Gingivitis] Besides keeping phosphates low, getting a lot of vitamin K, and maybe rubbing some onto the gums, might help; it's antiinflammatory. Some people have reverse gingivitis by "rinsing" with coconut oil twice a day, swishing it around for a couple of minutes.
Ray Peat Email Exchanges - Ray Peat Forum Wiki

burtlancast

You can resolve it like i did: magnesium chloride, 1 to 3 teaspoons a day.

And absolutely add raw garlic that you crushed then let it stand 10 min for the allicin to appear.

OP
A

Aymen

Are you familiar with this big thread in the forum?

This Is A Big Piece Of The Health Puzzle
Thank you, i will take a look at it.
Are you taking anything you are reacting to such as an anticonvulsant? That's a tremendous amount of gum hypertrophy.

Get a SonicCare electric toothbrush and use it three times daily (it times for a full 2 minutes). When the gingivitis recedes you can cut back on that but always do a 2 minute brush at night and a quick once-over after meals may be enough. And floss once every day.

I use baking soda and methylene blue; put a tablespoon of baking soda in a baggie and put in about 5 drops of methylene blue (you can use Oxidal at Idealabsdc.com, it will last you a year or so and has some other ingreadients that are fine). Shake the baking soda around until there is a faint blue color to the powder and the blue drops are evenly dispersed. Use only that to brush- it will correct the acidity under the gum line. You can also take a pinch of it and swish it around in your mouth as a rinse (it's fine to swallow if you don't mind the taste and leave the baking soda coating in your mouth).. You should be way better in a few weeks- if not I suppose you should ask a dentist.
no, i,m not taking an anticonvulsant.
thank you for suggestion, i will try to put a pinch of baking soda in my toothbrush and then brush with it before sleep, i heard that it can cause damage if someone brush his teeth with baking soda everyday so i,m curious.

wow they are really inflamed. Does it hurt? I would definitely go to a dentist and get on an antibiotic mouthwash if they can give you one.

[Gingivitis] Besides keeping phosphates low, getting a lot of vitamin K, and maybe rubbing some onto the gums, might help; it's antiinflammatory. Some people have reverse gingivitis by "rinsing" with coconut oil twice a day, swishing it around for a couple of minutes.
Ray Peat Email Exchanges - Ray Peat Forum Wiki
it doesn't hurt, i saw this quote before but did ray here meant K2 MK-4?
i,m only taking a good amount of vitamin K2 from weekly veal liver.
i have extra virgin coconut oil i will try using it everyday and see the results.

You can resolve it like i did: magnesium chloride, 1 to 3 teaspoons a day.

And absolutely add raw garlic that you crushed then let it stand 10 min for the allicin to appear.
Thank you, should i mix magnesium chloride in warm water and rinse with it?
i got the raw garlic idea but you know it will burn my mouth if i swish with it?
how longer did it take to you to resolve it with those tips?

A warm salt water rinse or gargling with salt water is very healing.
A guide to salt water gargles: Sore throat, other conditions, and recipe
is any type of salt good for this? i have iodizied salt.

burtlancast

Thank you, should i mix magnesium chloride in warm water and rinse with it?
i got the raw garlic idea but you know it will burn my mouth if i swish with it?
how longer did it take to you to resolve it with those tips?

You need to ingest both.

Magnesium chloride dissolved in a glass of water (horrible taste) and garlic with something sweet.

You can swish both in your mouth before swallowing, of course (good idea).

I resolved intractable gum disease in a week with just magnesium chloride twice a day.

Inaut

I’ve been playing around with clove, peppermint and eucalyptus oil in a sea salt water. Swoosh for 5 minutes then spit out. Definitely helps breath and will see how my gums respond in a month.

thomas00

it doesn't hurt, i saw this quote before but did ray here meant K2 MK-4?
i,m only taking a good amount of vitamin K2 from weekly veal liver.
i have extra virgin coconut oil i will try using it everyday and see the results.

I'm not sure Ray's preference for the menaquinones...most people here use the mk4 for various reasons. I use the health natura one, best value for money. Idealabs one is good too.

David PS

is any type of salt good for this? i have iodizied salt.

Table salt (sodium chloride) works whether or not it is iodized. It is a very sustainable since I never seem to run out of salt.

OP
A

Aymen

You need to ingest both.

Magnesium chloride dissolved in a glass of water (horrible taste) and garlic with something sweet.

You can swish both in your mouth before swallowing, of course (good idea).

I resolved intractable gum disease in a week with just magnesium chloride twice a day.
great, i will do and report back.
i just found the name of my condition which is gingival Hyperplasia.

willreadit

After 6 years of bleeding gums and horrid dental procedures: Visited Egypt, developed GI issues, took Flagyl/metronidazole for that. Gums healed, no bleeding since 2015. Two dentists agreed that it was bacterial. Why didn’t they tell me in the other 6 years?? Best wishes!

OP
A

Aymen

UPDATE:
after trying the home remedies suggested above for months i saw just a little improvement, i went to a dentist yesterday and he started deep cleaning the upper part, he gave me antibiotic mouthwash and Doxycycline as a pill to swallow and parodontax as a toothspate.

i saw improvement in the first day but teeth are still sensitive.

Last edited:

BearWithMe

I’ve been playing around with clove, peppermint and eucalyptus oil in a sea salt water. Swoosh for 5 minutes then spit out. Definitely helps breath and will see how my gums respond in a month.
How are you gums now, @Inaut? Did the oils helped?

Inaut

Overall my teeth and gums are pretty good. I’ve removed tooth paste and just brush with salt/eucalyptus/oregano oil now. More of an experiment at this point

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals