How To Treat Adrenal Fatigue And How To Upregulate 5-HT2CRs?

Astolfo

I'm currently trying licorice root tea, but would like to know if there is a better option. AFAIK, licorice works by inhibiting degration of cortisol, so acts like an external stressor. That theoritically downregulates overexpressed GRs.

But I'm not sure how adrenals works. Wouldn't it be just make my adrenals produce less stress hormones in the long run? Do I have to upregulate 5HT2C instead?(for reactivating hpa-axis and preventing 5HT outflow).

@haidut

OP
A

Astolfo

I have searched but couldn't find any way to upregulate 2C receptors except the cytokines. It seems both agonists and antagonists downregulates it. Anyone to help?

ebs

I've been using a supplement named Raw Adrenal for over a year now. It has done more for my energy and wellbeing than actual thyroid. I think it's a very peaty supplement because it also contains all the beneficial b vitamins as well as vitamin a and with no bad excipients.

Lucas

I've been using a supplement named Raw Adrenal for over a year now. It has done more for my energy and wellbeing than actual thyroid. I think it's a very peaty supplement because it also contains all the beneficial b vitamins as well as vitamin a and with no bad excipients.
What Brand?
Thank you!

ebs

What Brand?
Thank you!

You can buy it at Iherb. It contains adrenal and spleen tissue, korean ginseng, vitamin c, a and b. I've also read that it apparantly doesn't contain cortisol. It's great and it's cheap.

I'd advise you to start with just one a day. Good luck. :smiley:

Last edited:

Kingpinguin

I'm currently trying licorice root tea, but would like to know if there is a better option. AFAIK, licorice works by inhibiting degration of cortisol, so acts like an external stressor. That theoritically downregulates overexpressed GRs.

But I'm not sure how adrenals works. Wouldn't it be just make my adrenals produce less stress hormones in the long run? Do I have to upregulate 5HT2C instead?(for reactivating hpa-axis and preventing 5HT outflow).

@haidut

Why do you think 5ht-2c agonism would be good? SSRIs stimulate it. They also contribute SSRIs delayed positive benefit from down regulating 5ht-2c. All i know is that you dont want to increase it as it causes anxiety and depression and lowering it would actually do the opposite. But I dont even think SSRIs positive benefit is due to just one receptor and could likely just be that it stimulates neurosteroid synthesis. Your post does not seem to be in line with ray peat or any one else of this forum for that matter so I and I assume many others. Dont really understand why you’re posting these type of posts here. Theres other forums with people that might have better answers. People here have told you same over and over again. Stop trying to mess with your neurotransmitters. All you doing long term is likely more damage. You cant use main stream scientific beliefs about serotonin on this forum. Everyone here believes the theory of serotonin in main stream science is wrong.

OP
A

Astolfo

Why do you think 5ht-2c agonism would be good? SSRIs stimulate it. They also contribute SSRIs delayed positive benefit from down regulating 5ht-2c. All i know is that you dont want to increase it as it causes anxiety and depression and lowering it would actually do the opposite. But I dont even think SSRIs positive benefit is due to just one receptor and could likely just be that it stimulates neurosteroid synthesis. Your post does not seem to be in line with ray peat or any one else of this forum for that matter so I and I assume many others. Dont really understand why you’re posting these type of posts here. Theres other forums with people that might have better answers. People here have told you same over and over again. Stop trying to mess with your neurotransmitters. All you doing long term is likely more damage. You cant use main stream scientific beliefs about serotonin on this forum. Everyone here believes the theory of serotonin in main stream science is wrong.

Don't trying to be mean, but I don't think you even have a clue what does 5ht2c underactivation causes in the body.

Anxiety is bad. But having adrenal insufficiency and serious hpa axis underactivation is hell a lot of worse than anxiety. I'm aspie, I know how it feels to be super anxious 7/24, but I have always been a sharp minded, and perfectly healthy.

Now, I'm cognitively retarted. Disassociation is so bad that I don't even remember who was am I. Overactive gut to acute stress, bloathing, extreme daily sleepiness, not being able to sleep at nights, etc.

I couldn't get what you're saying by following peat. I'm not going against anyone here, otherwise I wouldn't be here so.
I just want to try fix somethings. My body is already seriously broken right now.

Kingpinguin

Don't trying to be mean, but I don't think you even have a clue what does 5ht2c underactivation causes in the body.

Anxiety is bad. But having adrenal insufficiency and serious hpa axis underactivation is hell a lot of worse than anxiety. I'm aspie, I know how it feels to be super anxious 7/24, but I have always been a sharp minded, and perfectly healthy.

Now, I'm cognitively retarted. Disassociation is so bad that I don't even remember who was am I. Overactive gut to acute stress, bloathing, extreme daily sleepiness, not being able to sleep at nights, etc.

I couldn't get what you're saying by following peat. I'm not going against anyone here, otherwise I wouldn't be here so.
I just want to try fix somethings. My body is already seriously broken right now.

How do you even know that this is what you got. There’s no way to test it. Its all self diagnosis by reading things on the internet. There’s many other things that share the exact same symptoms that you just mentioned. In fact I did have all of those at one point and they are all very common in conjunction. The exact same symptoms as you. Daytime sleepiness to the point where I felt like I was gonna be sick. Then towards the evening and night I get better and when I was suposed to sleep I was the most awake. Thats very common. Bloathing is common. Crazy gut is common. I had both of them aswell. On top of that I had anxiety short bursts with vertigo where I felt like I was gonna fall through the ground sometimes. I also had aches and pains in my whole body and joints. And severe brain fog on top of that. And libido was gone. Zero morning wood. Constantly had cold hands and feet. Had more symptoms it was just so many I cant remeber them all the solution was really simple and it was not 5ht-2c receptor dysfunction. I fixed myself and the answer can be something very simple right in front of your nose. It likely will be a sucha simple answer that you will be amazed it was so common and easy when you in fact thought it be so complex and trycky. And most people who hang out on forums like these experience all the exact same symptoms as you do.

Had more symptoms it was just so many I cant remeber them all the solution was really simple and it was not 5ht-2c receptor dysfunction.

May I ask what the solution was in your case? (Or: What have you identified as root cause for your mentioned symptoms?)

ebs

I fixed myself and the answer can be something very simple right in front of your nose. It likely will be a sucha simple answer that you will be amazed it was so common and easy when you in fact thought it be so complex and trycky.

So what was it?

Kingpinguin

May I ask what the solution was in your case? (Or: What have you identified as root cause for your mentioned symptoms?)

So what was it?

I had an iron deficiency. Even tho my hemoglobin was normal and low/normal ferritin. All symptoms went away once I came close to the middle of the reference range for ferritin. Feeling the best I’ve ever done in 10 years.

ebs

I had an iron deficiency. Even tho my hemoglobin was normal and low/normal ferritin. All symptoms went away once I came close to the middle of the reference range for ferritin. Feeling the best I’ve ever done in 10 years.

Interesting, because I can relate to these symptoms. What did you do, supplement?

Kingpinguin

Interesting, because I can relate to these symptoms. What did you do, supplement?

Yeah getting your iron levels up with food only is very hard. With iron supplements youll see results within a month if you have same issue. Go get a blood test first as I did.

Kingpinguin

Why would you assume your condition is something unusual? Iron deficiency is the most common nutrient deficiency in the world. Seemes like a good place to start right?

ebs

Why would you assume your condition is something unusual? Iron deficiency is the most common nutrient deficiency in the world. Seemes like a good place to start right?

People here say that you have to be careful with iron. I did supplement with iron bisglycinate for three weeks but did not notice much improvement. This was 15mg elemental iron a day which is 100% rdi.

My iron levels were at the bottom of the referance range at the time but ferritin was within normal range if I recall correctly..

Kingpinguin

People here say that you have to be careful with iron. I did supplement with iron bisglycinate for three weeks but did not notice much improvement. This was 15mg elemental iron a day which is 100% rdi.

My iron levels were at the bottom of the referance range at the time but ferritin was within normal range if I recall correctly..

That dose is too low and it also takes months to fix an iron deficiency. Did you get your iron levels to mid range or are they still at bottom? If still low then no wonder you feel no improvement. And 15mg per day is way too low. I took 60mg elemental iron per day as 300mg iron sulphate for 3 months. Thats more than 4 times your dose everyday and likely took it much longer duration than you did with the bisglycinate? Otherwise it wont touch your ferritin levels. And I’m not dead. In fact I’m doing 1000x better now then before all that iron I was miserable prick. If you have the symptoms I described and also low range ferritin I can bet money its the root cause of your problems and low dose ”weak maintenance iron” or eating iron rich food wont fix it. You need to go get the same iron tablets they use as perscription given to anemic people. Once your ferritin levels start climbing you will notice difference like night and day. Its like flicking a switch. Besides even once u get your levels up you have to continue supplement for awhile or monitor your ferritin because people who have a tendency to get low ferritin tends to drop again after stopping. If you repetedly keep it up your body eventually gets completely restored and you dont need them anymore.

Kingpinguin

People here dont always have the correct answers. Do some research other places to get a larger picture and youll see this is a very common symptom and pattern seen. Iron is still a vital mineral in energy production.
Theres likely other taboo things on these forums they are likely wrong about aswell.

ebs

That dose is too low and it also takes months to fix an iron deficiency. Did you get your iron levels to mid range or are they still at bottom? If still low then no wonder you feel no improvement. And 15mg per day is way too low. I took 60mg elemental iron per day as 300mg iron sulphate for 3 months. Thats more than 4 times your dose everyday and likely took it much longer duration than you did with the bisglycinate? Otherwise it wont touch your ferritin levels. And I’m not dead. In fact I’m doing 1000x better now then before all that iron I was miserable prick. If you have the symptoms I described and also low range ferritin I can bet money its the root cause of your problems and low dose ”weak maintenance iron” or eating iron rich food wont fix it. You need to go get the same iron tablets they use as perscription given to anemic people. Once your ferritin levels start climbing you will notice difference like night and day. Its like flicking a switch. Besides even once u get your levels up you have to continue supplement for awhile or monitor your ferritin because people who have a tendency to get low ferritin tends to drop again after stopping. If you repetedly keep it up your body eventually gets completely restored and you dont need them anymore.

I just got the results of my latest blood test.

Iron is normal but ferritin is in the low range of normal referance. Is there a particular iron supplement you recommend or did you get it as a prescription?

Kingpinguin

I just got the results of my latest blood test.

Iron is normal but ferritin is in the low range of normal referance. Is there a particular iron supplement you recommend or did you get it as a prescription?

You can get stronger one prescribed by your doctor but you can also buy them without a perscription. At least in my country.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom