How to sweat more

IVILA

First of all, is it bad to not sweat that much? And if so, how can one sweat more? What is it a sign of?

redsun

First of all, is it bad to not sweat that much? And if so, how can one sweat more? What is it a sign of?

If you never sweat, I don't think its a good sign. Muscarinic receptor sensitivity is what is important for being able to sweat. And of course you will only sweat if the body decides its necessary to cool you down. Zinc will improve acetylcholine receptor function and sensitivity. More choline, B vitamins will also increase acetylcholine action. These will also tend to improve thyroid action and thus increase body temperature.

OP
IVILA

IVILA

I agree that it's possibly hypothyroid symptoms since your less warm and feel cold. I was thinking it may also be due to low electrolytes and minerals.

Vins7

I agree that it's possibly hypothyroid symptoms since your less warm and feel cold. I was thinking it may also be due to low electrolytes and minerals.
What would be the best form to fix this low electrolytes and minerales?

redsun

Yes low zinc will cause it because Ach receptor function will be reduced. We know zinc when deficient causes hypothyroidism as well. Its critical for many enzymes and systems including T4 to T3 conversion. But never sweating even in hot environments is lack of acetylcholine activity which could in part be due to zinc or choline deficiency. B-vitamins are important to Ach synthesis (by synthesizing Acetyl-CoA) so that could be missing as well. Deficiencies in any of these nutrients will likely exacerbate a suboptimal metabolism.

OP
IVILA

IVILA

What would be the best form to fix this low electrolytes and minerales?
eating foods higher in potassium, sodium, calcium, and magnesium. Possibly adding in some coconut water or orange juice

OP
IVILA

IVILA

Yes low zinc will cause it because Ach receptor function will be reduced. We know zinc when deficient causes hypothyroidism as well. Its critical for many enzymes and systems including T4 to T3 conversion. But never sweating even in hot environments is lack of acetylcholine activity which could in part be due to zinc or choline deficiency. B-vitamins are important to Ach synthesis (by synthesizing Acetyl-CoA) so that could be missing as well. Deficiencies in any of these nutrients will likely exacerbate a suboptimal metabolism.
Not never sweating, I mean not being easily able to sweat. Like taking a long time to sweat.

Vins7

eating foods higher in potassium, sodium, calcium, and magnesium. Possibly adding in some coconut water or orange juice
those foods are fruit and dairy basically? meat is not rich in any of these minerals / electrolytes right?

OP
IVILA

IVILA

those foods are fruit and dairy basically? meat is not rich in any of these minerals / electrolytes right?
Yup. You got it right. It's pretty important to keep those minerals in balance at all times. Or else it can cause a host of issues/symptoms. That's why athletes and soccer players quickly drink some Powerade right after a game to replenish that which is lost.

redsun

Not never sweating, I mean not being easily able to sweat. Like taking a long time to sweat.
Its the same answer. Its relative to how hot the environment is (so the hypothalamus signals you are overheating) and how sensitive muscarinic receptors are to stimulation.

I remember that when I started taking taurine( nearly 4 years ago), I began to sweat much more.

success23

Be careful what you wish for. I have the opposite problem and believe me... it is not fun..

Matestube

I usually don't drink coffee and don't sweat much.
Everytime I drink coffee I sweat a lot more, standing still or walking.
Maybe that's because coffee increases my liver activity?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals