How To Survive Toxic Environment (Phytoestrogens, Etc)

dookie

OK, so there will be periods when I have to travel, without access to good foods. I have been in situations where I had nothing to eat but "soups" of various kinds, probably full of PUFA, iron, soy, phytoestrogens, etc. But instead of starving, it seems like better choice to eat something. I have noticed that I quickly gain "edema water", I am very much prone to estrogenic effects from commercial/crappy foods.

Is there a way to become more "estrogen resistant", or resistant to phytoestrogens/xenoestrogens, and other toxic things in our foods supply? How have you done it?

@haidut

Ron J

We'd need the blood work/testimony of members here that achieved a good hormonal profile following Peat's guidelines. If our environment is too estrogenic, perhaps we'd have to go the hormonal route(low dose DHT etc.)
Here's a thread that may help a bit: Is An Optimal Diet Enough?

jitsmonkey

OK, so there will be periods when I have to travel, without access to good foods. I have been in situations where I had nothing to eat but "soups" of various kinds, probably full of PUFA, iron, soy, phytoestrogens, etc. But instead of starving, it seems like better choice to eat something. I have noticed that I quickly gain "edema water", I am very much prone to estrogenic effects from commercial/crappy foods.

Is there a way to become more "estrogen resistant", or resistant to phytoestrogens/xenoestrogens, and other toxic things in our foods supply? How have you done it?

@haidut

@dookie there isn't a "magic" answer to your question but the answer is becoming more metabolically sound.
if 90% of your time or whatever random % you want to choose is spend avoiding these metabolic disruptors then you'll
see less issue when you're exposed. There's no way for a damaging thing to NOT damage you... ie. you can't be bulletproof if you get shot with bullet its going to cause damage. BUT metabolic function and minimal toxic stress MOST of the time is your best "weapon"

that being said there is rarely a good excuse for not having non stressful food with you
the things you can take may not be ideal in any way or appetizing but during travel
coke is ubiquitous. sugar is easy to travel with, if you have luggage or you're going on a short trip coconut oil travels well.
these are just some simple examples and not exhaustive in any way. My point is that 99.9% of the times I've
been traveling and been without safe acceptable food its because of lack of preparation.

raypeatclips

Peat mentions coffee as a way to protect against various toxins.

It seems you are just talking about the problems of trying to eat well while traveling. I guess you just have to make the most of the situation you are in. I think eating something crap is better than eating nothing at all, I know some here might disagree with me. Just try to plan for your travels ahead, buy food that travels well, try to make smart decisions when you are in restaurants or buying food out. Very important to not worry about it or over think things.

milk_lover

I have been thinking about this myself because in one month I will be joining a mandatory military service (1 year) in my country and I am not looking forward to it at all! I am sure it's going to be very bad experience for me metabolically speaking as there will be a lot of exercises, little food (a lot of PUFA), little sleep, and an overall authoritarian environment.. I don't think we're allowed to bring our supplements with us.. maybe I need to find a doctor that can write something for me so they allow simple anti-stress supplements like progesterone and glycine and energin... oh well I hope everything will be fine.. Any suggestions for me also regarding my military service one year stint would be appreciated.

L

lollipop

@dookie there isn't a "magic" answer to your question but the answer is becoming more metabolically sound.
if 90% of your time or whatever random % you want to choose is spend avoiding these metabolic disruptors then you'll
see less issue when you're exposed. There's no way for a damaging thing to NOT damage you... ie. you can't be bulletproof if you get shot with bullet its going to cause damage. BUT metabolic function and minimal toxic stress MOST of the time is your best "weapon"

that being said there is rarely a good excuse for not having non stressful food with you
the things you can take may not be ideal in any way or appetizing but during travel
coke is ubiquitous. sugar is easy to travel with, if you have luggage or you're going on a short trip coconut oil travels well.
these are just some simple examples and not exhaustive in any way. My point is that 99.9% of the times I've
been traveling and been without safe acceptable food its because of lack of preparation.
+1

I have applied comprehensive planning to my traveling and had great success maintaining consistency between what I do at home and what I do traveling. Also I can now make choices at pretty much every restaurant that match my protocol: sparking water, OJ, milk, meat, white fish, shrimp, oysters, choose items that are prepared fresh and have the restaurant cook in butter not oils, baked potatoes, fruit and cheese plates, etc etc etc just a few ideas, not comprehensive.

Sobieski

@haidut
I've noticed that vitamin E does a wonderful job of combating the edema that follows high PUFA intake. A single large dose (ie 400iu) will often have a noticable effect within a few hours.

Dobbler

I have been thinking about this myself because in one month I will be joining a mandatory military service (1 year) in my country and I am not looking forward to it at all! I am sure it's going to be very bad experience for me metabolically speaking as there will be a lot of exercises, little food (a lot of PUFA), little sleep, and an overall authoritarian environment.. I don't think we're allowed to bring our supplements with us.. maybe I need to find a doctor that can write something for me so they allow simple anti-stress supplements like progesterone and glycine and energin... oh well I hope everything will be fine.. Any suggestions for me also regarding my military service one year stint would be appreciated.
Are you finnish perhaps?

OP
D

dookie

I've noticed that vitamin E does a wonderful job of combating the edema that follows high PUFA intake. A single large dose (ie 400iu) will often have a noticable effect within a few hours.

Orally or topically? a-tocopherol or mixed tocopherols with high gamma? brand?

OP
D

dookie

+1

I have applied comprehensive planning to my traveling and had great success maintaining consistency between what I do at home and what I do traveling. Also I can now make choices at pretty much every restaurant that match my protocol: sparking water, OJ, milk, meat, white fish, shrimp, oysters, choose items that are prepared fresh and have the restaurant cook in butter not oils, baked potatoes, fruit and cheese plates, etc etc etc just a few ideas, not comprehensive.

Nice, thanks for the ideas

Sobieski

Orally or topically? a-tocopherol or mixed tocopherols with high gamma? brand?
I use TocoVit (Idealabs) Orally. I think it's manly a-tocopherol although I might be mistaken. I also use small occasional doses of pregnenolone (Healthnatura) which seem to counter estrogen. I seem to be sensitive to pregnenolone (too much progesterone conversion perhaps), but everyone is different.

theLaw

I would probably lean toward an approach more akin to what Haidut has posted by using sups to buffer inferior dietary choices.

However, for this to work effectively you're probably going to need to purge your pufa stores, have great liver function, and excellent gut health. This can probably be achieved in very focused 90 day period unless you're morbidly obese.:cool:

You could probably mitigate a bunch of damage as well by taking large doses of mct oil (and vinegar) throughout the day to reduce endotoxin while increasing your sfa to pufa ratios.

1. Extra salt on everything
2. Eat meat, don't worry about amino ratios, your liver needs the protein to function

cihans

@milk_lover
I did mandatory military service years ago don't worry about food. Best thing they did over there is feeding people really a lot with high calorie density foods like beans and meat. Lifestyle that make same thing everyday like waking up at 6am going bed at 9pm (same feeding times as well) gives you a lot benefit. If you are over weight you'll come back very lean. Prescription from a doctor for your supps is a good idea btw.

milk_lover

Are you finnish perhaps?
Similar to the 12 months Finnish mandatory military service. It's the UAE.
@milk_lover
I did mandatory military service years ago don't worry about food. Best thing they did over there is feeding people really a lot with high calorie density foods like beans and meat. Lifestyle that make same thing everyday like waking up at 6am going bed at 9pm (same feeding times as well) gives you a lot benefit. If you are over weight you'll come back very lean. Prescription from a doctor for your supps is a good idea btw.
Nice thanks for the encouraging words. Yes I am over weight right now, so hopefully I can lean out but without too much stress.

OldMan

@haidut

Yes those soups are poison including the soups at Penera....Do as I do....gonto a supermarket and get some cheese....a small container of milk..... add some sea salt to the milk..... also buy some oj..becareful which brand on the oj....and start consuming the stuff on the go....dont forget the Bvitamins..

T

TheBeard

Similar to the 12 months Finnish mandatory military service. It's the UAE.

Nice thanks for the encouraging words. Yes I am over weight right now, so hopefully I can lean out but without too much stress.

If you are from UAE you can get test and HGH otc. That’ll lean you out

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals