How To Strenghten Stomach Lining? Or What Is Going On? Irritants Create Pimples On Face In Minutes

OP
boris

boris

Thanks for the great pointers everyone!

@Vinny actually I remember now doxy did something to my skin. Some darker pimples that were there for months suddenly shed a layer of skin and were a little lighter underneath.

I don‘t know how it hurt my teeth exactly I just know it binds to calcium. I crushed the tablets as to not irritate my stomach and swallowed them mixed in a dab of food. I was careful not to touch my teeth, but maybe that was not enough.

Vinny, how much doxycycline did you take and for how long?

OP
boris

boris

@Dave Clark Interesting, I eat meat fairly regularly, but not everyday. I will try and up my meat intake.

@Mauritio thanks! It sounds plausible. I recently developed flushing of the cheeks under stress too. I will look into these substances.

OP
boris

boris

Somewhere in the allergy pathway might be overstimulated/excited etc. Dunno how that works exactly but the gut has lots of mast cells. When you ingested something you are sensitive to your B-cells release specific immunoglobulin E (IGE) for future reference.The IGE then binds to mast cells which causes a release of a host of chemicals but mainly histamine causing most symptoms. The mast cells remembers the specific IGE. So next time its primed and the reaction is more intense and faster. What you wanna do is block this as much as possible so that the sensitivity eventually goes down/ calm down.

Interesting, thanks @Kingpinguin . So do you mean blocking through antihistamines?

Kingpinguin

Interesting, thanks @Kingpinguin . So do you mean blocking through antihistamines?

yeah there’s drugs that block IGE binding. Maybe theres drugs that even block the release of IGE from B cells. Antihistamines at least block histamine release from the mast cells but since research says antihistamines calm and stabalize mast cells I would assume that using a antihistamine daily for some time can help weaken the inlearned allergy response.

Vinny

Vinny, how much doxycycline did you take and for how long?
2 x 50mg, at some point reduced to 1 x 50, for 2.5 months.
Someone else, don't remember now his user name, got also a pebble stool fro Doxy, and asked dr Peat, and his response was that it was a reaction to the antbx.
I wish I knew more about which antibiotics also cause this very, very unpleasant effect, so to avoid them. I think that antbx have their place in the healing process.

Vinny

I recall having a similar experience while on minocycline. I ended up with pebble, clay colored stools, however, my diet at the time was basically just dairy and honey and dairy always causes me light colored stools and constipation so I can't say for certain the mino was the main culprit.
Thank you, Jennifer

Bluemachine

You're welcome, @boris! :) I can understand that. Doctors have let me down too, but my current doctor is catching past medical errors, has been willing to do the tests I've asked for and was willing to put me on NDT after some convincing so I'm grateful for that.

I tested positive for SIBO (both hydrogen and methane producing bacteria) so I'm on Rifaximin 1 (550mg) pill 3x a day and Neomycin 2 (500mg) pills 4x a day, both for 14 days. I've also done a comprehensive stool test from Genova Diagnostics in the past that showed I had a bacterial overgrowth and one of the antibiotics they recommended for my particular overgrowth was minocycline and within the first dose, the rash/pustules disappeared. Like you, they would develop within minutes of consuming something.

It would be nice if your issue were just histamine or a mild overgrowth because antibiotics are serious stuff IMHO and like Inaut, I've had success with herbs — they're my preferred medicine. Unfortunately, after spending more than $8,000 on them over the past three years, they just weren't strong enough to help me overcome the overgrowth and thyroid/adrenal weaknesses. They definitely kept me stable, though.
how was your experience with rifaximin? i think i have a mean case of sibo and would have to pay around £200 for a test so deciding if i would actually go along with the treatment first is probably nessescary.

Jennifer

how was your experience with rifaximin? i think i have a mean case of sibo and would have to pay around £200 for a test so deciding if i would actually go along with the treatment first is probably nessescary.
It didn't resolve any of my symptoms. Out of all the antibiotics I've tried, Minocycline was the only one that eliminated my symptoms but only while taking it. Whenever I'd go off it, my symptoms would return and far more severe than prior to taking it. I've read some members here have had success with them but for me, I only saw my symptoms resolve with a specific diet, herbal antimicrobial formula and NDT.

golder

It didn't resolve any of my symptoms. Out of all the antibiotics I've tried, Minocycline was the only one that eliminated my symptoms but only while taking it. Whenever I'd go off it, my symptoms would return and far more severe than prior to taking it. I've read some members here have had success with them but for me, I only saw my symptoms resolve with a specific diet, herbal antimicrobial formula and NDT.
I’m in such a similar position here. Would you be kind enough to share you expertise on the diet specifics, particular herbal anti microbial and which NDT? Thanks so much!

BearWithMe

I’m in such a similar position here. Would you be kind enough to share you expertise on the diet specifics, particular herbal anti microbial and which NDT? Thanks so much!
I would be very interested in that, too!

Jennifer

Sure, @James b and @JanP! :)

With the diet, I avoided as much fiber and starch as possible and stuck with easier (for me) to digest proteins, sugars and fats so that I was reducing the amount of undigested food microbes could feed off of. Just for context -- due to the intestinal damage I had, I stuck with mainly gut soothing, glycine rich seafood-based proteins (started out with collagen/gelatin to heal up my gut so I could later digest the meat) and very ripe, low acid fruits juiced (with a vitamix and nut milk bag) for the majority of my calories. I stuck with the fruit (and other simple sugars) because along with the gut damage, I had/have poor thyroid and adrenal function so my peristalsis is naturally slow (NDT sped it up) and my production of enzymes needed to break down complex carbs is poor -- besides my symptoms and what we know about the role of those glands, particularly the adrenals, in carbohydrate metabolism, it was proven via a Loomis 24-hour urine test. I stuck with coconut as my main source of fat due to a weak gallbladder and bile production. This was my diet at the time:

PROTEINS
  • Sea scallops
  • Crab -- tanner, dungeness and king
  • Seafood broth
  • Marine collagen peptides (Amandean and Correxiko brands)
  • Marine gelatin -- bloomed for 5 minutes prior to making into gummies to prevent undissolved clumps that can cause digestive upset/gas (Custom Collagen brand)
  • Eggs
CARBOHYDRATES
  • Honeydew melon
  • Canary melon
  • Watermelon
  • Red grapes
  • Black grapes
  • Cotton candy grapes
  • Coconut water (Harmless Harvest, Waterhill Naturals and Trader Joe's cold processed brands)
  • Date nectar (D'vash brand)
  • Maple syrup
FATS
  • Homemade coconut milk made from Goya brand frozen shredded coconut -- the protein present in the milk/cream but not refined coconut oil (why Ray suggests the latter) can be allergenic to some but I tolerate it fine
SEASONINGS AND VITAMIN/MINERAL SUPPLEMENTS
  • Culinary herbs such as dill and parsley
  • French Celtic sea salt -- always fully dissolved prior to consumption to prevent digestive upset (Eden Foods brand)
  • Stinging nettle leaf alcohol-free tincture for calcium and other bone supporting nutrients (Swanson brand)
HERBAL ANTIMICROBIAL FORMULAS
NATURAL DESICCATED THYROID
Another (huge) factor in eliminating my symptoms has been paying attention to my thoughts and the stress they cause me. I've created as peaceful an environment and lifestyle for myself as possible, but I became aware of how much my inner dialogue was affecting my gut. It can be tough to notice but it's my opinion that our thoughts are energy and can have an impact on our health for better or worse, including gut motility and permeability. I'm almost certain Ray has even written about this. Some examples of their effects on health -- it's common for people who worry a lot to develop ulcers, and our peristalsis can speed up or slow down, and the immune system become suppressed, when we're fearful/stressed.

The diet, herbs and NDT definitely made an impact on my thoughts for the better, but they weren't enough. It has taken me making a conscious effort to change my thoughts. I don't fear them since that would only compound the issue, I just stay conscious of them and the physical feeling in my body they produce (a lightness, warmth, heaviness, chills, an ache in the pit of my stomach, a racing heart etc.) and work at slowly changing the ones causing unpleasant symptoms, which is easier said than done. lol Quieting my mind through a meditative practice (for me, dance and music) has also helped with this.

I hope this novella of a post wasn't a nightmare to follow (lol) and you guys find relief soon. :)

BearWithMe

Sure, @James b and @JanP! :)

With the diet, I avoided as much fiber and starch as possible and stuck with easier (for me) to digest proteins, sugars and fats so that I was reducing the amount of undigested food microbes could feed off of. Just for context -- due to the intestinal damage I had, I stuck with mainly gut soothing, glycine rich seafood-based proteins (started out with collagen/gelatin to heal up my gut so I could later digest the meat) and very ripe, low acid fruits juiced (with a vitamix and nut milk bag) for the majority of my calories. I stuck with the fruit (and other simple sugars) because along with the gut damage, I had/have poor thyroid and adrenal function so my peristalsis is naturally slow (NDT sped it up) and my production of enzymes needed to break down complex carbs is poor -- besides my symptoms and what we know about the role of those glands, particularly the adrenals, in carbohydrate metabolism, it was proven via a Loomis 24-hour urine test. I stuck with coconut as my main source of fat due to a weak gallbladder and bile production. This was my diet at the time:

PROTEINS
  • Sea scallops
  • Crab -- tanner, dungeness and king
  • Seafood broth
  • Marine collagen peptides (Amandean and Correxiko brands)
  • Marine gelatin -- bloomed for 5 minutes prior to making into gummies to prevent undissolved clumps that can cause digestive upset/gas (Custom Collagen brand)
  • Eggs
CARBOHYDRATES
  • Honeydew melon
  • Canary melon
  • Watermelon
  • Red grapes
  • Black grapes
  • Cotton candy grapes
  • Coconut water (Harmless Harvest, Waterhill Naturals and Trader Joe's cold processed brands)
  • Date nectar (D'vash brand)
  • Maple syrup
FATS
  • Homemade coconut milk made from Goya brand frozen shredded coconut -- the protein present in the milk/cream but not refined coconut oil (why Ray suggests the latter) can be allergenic to some but I tolerate it fine
SEASONINGS AND VITAMIN/MINERAL SUPPLEMENTS
  • Culinary herbs such as dill and parsley
  • French Celtic sea salt -- always fully dissolved prior to consumption to prevent digestive upset (Eden Foods brand)
  • Stinging nettle leaf alcohol-free tincture for calcium and other bone supporting nutrients (Swanson brand)
HERBAL ANTIMICROBIAL FORMULAS
NATURAL DESICCATED THYROID
Another (huge) factor in eliminating my symptoms has been paying attention to my thoughts and the stress they cause me. I've created as peaceful an environment and lifestyle for myself as possible, but I became aware of how much my inner dialogue was affecting my gut. It can be tough to notice but it's my opinion that our thoughts are energy and can have an impact on our health for better or worse, including gut motility and permeability. I'm almost certain Ray has even written about this. Some examples of their effects on health -- it's common for people who worry a lot to develop ulcers, and our peristalsis can speed up or slow down, and the immune system become suppressed, when we're fearful/stressed.

The diet, herbs and NDT definitely made an impact on my thoughts for the better, but they weren't enough. It has taken me making a conscious effort to change my thoughts. I don't fear them since that would only compound the issue, I just stay conscious of them and the physical feeling in my body they produce (a lightness, warmth, heaviness, chills, an ache in the pit of my stomach, a racing heart etc.) and work at slowly changing the ones causing unpleasant symptoms, which is easier said than done. lol Quieting my mind through a meditative practice (for me, dance and music) has also helped with this.

I hope this novella of a post wasn't a nightmare to follow (lol) and you guys find relief soon. :)

Wow! This is absolutely wonderful post, thank you very much, Jennifer! Your diet sounds delicious.

Agree very much on the body/thoughts connection. I think it is not possible to physically heal, when you are constantly stressed, no matter how good your diet is or what are you supplementing.

Jennifer

Oh, thank you, @JanP! My pleasure! :) It was definitely an enjoyable diet.

Jennifer

What is your diet like nowadays?
As of this past Tuesday, pretty much the same, minus the eggs. I had cut out the animal protein a few months back after discovering it was triggering the daily adrenaline and syncope episodes I began experiencing after a bought of insomnia brought on by B vitamin supplementation -- the lack of sleep caused the adrenaline attacks and I suspect the AP kept dropping my blood sugar, reinforcing them. Due to the lockdown, the plant protein I had been relying on these past few months isn't currently available so I was forced to replace it with the collagen and shellfish I had leftover and thankfully, I haven't experienced any episodes. So minus eggs, my diet currently includes what I posted previously and:

Small amounts of fiber from:
Black mulberry juice (for making gummies)
Mushroom broth (made from shiitake, shimeiji, field and abalone mushrooms, herbs and sea salt)
Coconut oil mayonnaise for crab seafood salad (Chosen Foods Keto Mayo 12 oz. - MCT Coconut Oil Mayonnaise)
Low acid, water processed decaf coffee (Mavericks Coffee water processed decaf coffee are low acid and organic. - Mavericks Coffee)

I'll be adding eggs back into my diet as soon as I can get to the farm. I like salted scrambled eggs with crab topped with maple syrup.

The majority of my calories (2500+ daily) come from fruit (4+ liters of juice and the rest the date nectar and whole fruit), next protein (around 80g with the majority of it coming from gelatin) and then just small amounts of fat (usually no more than 20-25g) -- more than that and my limbs start falling asleep while sitting, sleeping at night and during my dance practice.

Last edited:

milkboi

I‘ve took Benadryl for the last 3 days for its anti-histamine properties and it has cleared my face of those type of pimples you described.

OP
boris

boris

@milkboi That's great to hear! How much did you take?

I had some temporary success with cyproheptadine, but only with big doses of about 10-20mg. I ran out pretty quickly and had no possibility to test liver enzymes so I was not comfortable keeping it up. After stopping the cypro the pimples came back.

Nebula

The majority of my calories (2500+ daily) come from fruit (4+ liters of juice and the rest the date nectar and whole fruit), next protein (around 80g with the majority of it coming from gelatin) and then just small amounts of fat (usually no more than 20-25g) -- more than that and my limbs start falling asleep while sitting, sleeping at night and during my dance practice.
That’s a diet I’ve wanted to try for awhile. Do you make homemade gelatin?

milkboi

@milkboi That's great to hear! How much did you take?

I had some temporary success with cyproheptadine, but only with big doses of about 10-20mg. I ran out pretty quickly and had no possibility to test liver enzymes so I was not comfortable keeping it up. After stopping the cypro the pimples came back.

12,5 mg once or twice daily

How did you feel on that amount of Cypro? I feel like at that point there would be no neurotransmission at all going on lol

Last edited:

meatbag

There seems to be a problem with my stomach lining. Any small irritant like aspirin, acidity from fruit. Or even a little bit of undissoveld salt grains immediately creates a flushing type reaction on my cheeks or forehead within seconds (big red flecks) which over the course of an hour turn into pimples.

This has been going on for about 1-2 years. Sometimes more sometimes less.

What is strange to me is. The same thing happens when I don't eat for a longer time. Or sleep in.
But the reaction from irritants is immediate.

Any idea what this could be? And what can I do about it?
what are your weekly food and supplements?