How To Strenghten Stomach Lining? Or What Is Going On? Irritants Create Pimples On Face In Minutes

boris

There seems to be a problem with my stomach lining. Any small irritant like aspirin, acidity from fruit. Or even a little bit of undissoveld salt grains immediately creates a flushing type reaction on my cheeks or forehead within seconds (big red flecks) which over the course of an hour turn into pimples.

This has been going on for about 1-2 years. Sometimes more sometimes less.

What is strange to me is. The same thing happens when I don't eat for a longer time. Or sleep in.
But the reaction from irritants is immediate.

Any idea what this could be? And what can I do about it?

Kingpinguin

There seems to be a problem with my stomach lining. Any small irritant like aspirin, acidity from fruit. Or even a little bit of undissoveld salt grains immediately creates a flushing type reaction on my cheeks or forehead within seconds (big red flecks) which over the course of an hour turn into pimples.

This has been going on for about 1-2 years. Sometimes more sometimes less.

What is strange to me is. The same thing happens when I don't eat for a longer time. Or sleep in.
But the reaction from irritants is immediate.

Any idea what this could be? And what can I do about it?

allergic reaction. I’ve seen similair before. My mother has the same. Certain things trigger it. For her apples, mustard and black pepper does it. She went to a doctor with it and they confirmed it somehow that she was allergic to these things. My girlfriend has similair thing when eatin bread but on tve back of her arms she gets red first then small pimple like dots. You can get it on the face aswell its called chicken skin aka keratosis pilaris. Google keratosis pilaris and you maybe recognize yourself. You can develop these things with time and they can go away aswell. Its likely immune and histamine related. Maybe an antihistamine for awhile can help calm your mast cells and immune system down. Im no expert but theres probably lot of research on it at NCBI.

Kingpinguin

Keratosis pilaris - Wikipedia

Even says on wikipedia appears on face often misstaken for acne

people mention vitamin A and D as treatments which previously has been used many times for all sorts of skim conditions. Vitamin A for acne and vitamin D for psoriasis typ of stuff so Id give those a try. Vitamin D and A also strongly influence the immune system. My sister had several auto immune disorders and high dose vitamin D cured all of them within couple of months.

OP
boris

boris

Thanks for the info @Kingpinguin , it looks very different from keratosis pilaris though.
It is one big fleck first which then turns into a single regular pimple. I will upload a picture tomorrow.

Also I don't think it is an allergy to salt. If the salt is well dissolved with lots of food. Nothing happens. But when I am not careful and ingest intact salt grains, I get the reaction.

When I take aspirin well dissolved with baking soda and food nothing happens. But when I don't add baking soda I get a reaction from the acidity.

It also happens when I eat isolated proteins. Like lots of gelatin (jello) without a meal. Or taurine.

Last edited:

Kingpinguin

Thanks for the info @Kingpinguin , it looks very different from keratosis pilaris though.
It is one big fleck first which then turns into a single regular pimple. I will upload a picture tomorrow.

Also I don't think it is an allergy to salt. If the salt is well dissolved with lots of food. Nothing happens. But when I am not careful and ingest intact salt grains, I get the reaction.

When I take aspirin well dissolved with baking soda and food nothing happens. But when I don't add baking soda I get a reaction from the acidity.

It also happens when I eat isolated proteins. Like lots of gelatin (jello) without a meal. Or taurine.

ok yeah in that case it sounds like there some sort of gut reaction. That could still be serotonin, histamine and inflammatory driven. If you’re gut is sensitive and on edge it probably reacts strongly when the doses are too concentrated. And when you use water and dilute you don’t get that. When I think of the gut I’m thinking serotonin. Since most of the serotonin made in the body comes from the gut. So maybe cyphroheptadine would be a good try. Vitamin D is a potent anti serotonin in the gut. Try some ginger also been proven to block gut serotonin and so has lysine. Thinking about making the lining stronger I think I’ve read some types of saturated fats are good to protect and rebuild the gut.

OP
boris

boris

Thanks man, I'll try cypro as soon as I get the chance. Still waiting for a credit card to arrive so I can order it.
I will try some ginger in the meantime!

Here are the pictures. Some of the pimples turn a very dark red. Some of them never went away. Some of them dissapear after a day.

face spots.jpg

/I'll look into antihistamines too

Last edited:

Jennifer

Kingpinguin may be right but out of curiosity, have you ever been tested for a gut infection/bacterial overgrowth? Something similar was happening to me and I thought it was possibly due to a dairy allergy or histamine, but learned it was actually due to an overgrowth of bacteria. The overgrowth eventually led to gastritis because tests were read incorrectly and it went untreated. It got so bad that I was reacting to everything but very ripe melon, coconut water, marine collagen and shellfish (I suspect because of its high glycine content). I'm currently on antibiotics to clear the overgrowth and addressing the root cause — my thyroid and adrenals — so hopefully it won't come back.

OP
boris

boris

Thanks for your input @Jennifer I am sure I have some bacteria action going on (diarrhea problems during stress or when I don't get enough fibre).

I gave up on my docs. They either said I can't do anything about my symptoms, ("It's normal, it's just hormonal") or it's all in my head. One of them prescribed me some aggressive acne cream that I threw away after one use because it burned my face.

Which antibiotics do you take and how much?
I started with penicillin vk today. I plan on doing about 50mg twice a day for 2-4 days intermittently. It's the only Peat advice on penicillin I could find.

Last edited:
OP
boris

boris

I didn't take into account that the overgrowth problem could advance into the stomach. I assumed it's intestine only for me. But makes sense.

/But I don't seem to have any other typical gastritis symptoms.

Last edited:

Inaut

@boris i have much the same issue currently. Definitely histamine.... I’m taking ginger and gentian in combo along with other supps... will update you if things get any better for me. Currently not as itchy though

OP
boris

boris

Thanks @Inaut ! I noticed that it's sometimes accompanied by itching in the belly area. I can't make a definite connection though.

Do you take any other antihistamines besides ginger and gentian?

Inaut

Occasionally cyproheptadine,Benadryl and vitamin c (sodium ascorbate). I’m confident it’s related to poor liver function... at least in my case.

Jennifer

You're welcome, @boris! :) I can understand that. Doctors have let me down too, but my current doctor is catching past medical errors, has been willing to do the tests I've asked for and was willing to put me on NDT after some convincing so I'm grateful for that.

I tested positive for SIBO (both hydrogen and methane producing bacteria) so I'm on Rifaximin 1 (550mg) pill 3x a day and Neomycin 2 (500mg) pills 4x a day, both for 14 days. I've also done a comprehensive stool test from Genova Diagnostics in the past that showed I had a bacterial overgrowth and one of the antibiotics they recommended for my particular overgrowth was minocycline and within the first dose, the rash/pustules disappeared. Like you, they would develop within minutes of consuming something.

It would be nice if your issue were just histamine or a mild overgrowth because antibiotics are serious stuff IMHO and like Inaut, I've had success with herbs — they're my preferred medicine. Unfortunately, after spending more than $8,000 on them over the past three years, they just weren't strong enough to help me overcome the overgrowth and thyroid/adrenal weaknesses. They definitely kept me stable, though.

OP
boris

boris

Thanks @Jennifer that's something to think about. Maybe I'll try to get some more tests done with a new doctor.

I tried low dose doxycycline 20mg for 8 days. I switched to penicillin because doxy hurt my teeth. Unfortunately I can't say if it had a positive effect because my skin looks different every week.

@Inaut I think my liver might be involved somehow, because I also get something similar when I don't eat for a long time.

Jennifer

@boris — I think that's a good idea. I wish you luck!

Vinny

Thanks @Jennifer that's something to think about. Maybe I'll try to get some more tests done with a new doctor.

I tried low dose doxycycline 20mg for 8 days. I switched to penicillin because doxy hurt my teeth. Unfortunately I can't say if it had a positive effect because my skin looks different every week.

@Inaut I think my liver might be involved somehow, because I also get something similar when I don't eat for a long time.
How exactly did doxy hurt your teeth, man?
And also, did you see any change to stool composition while on it? Doxy completely eradicated my pimples (they grow mostly on my scalp) but gave me a brutal pebble poop, and that's why Im hesitant now to try other antbx....
Will watch also how you fare on penicillin ...

Kingpinguin

Somewhere in the allergy pathway might be overstimulated/excited etc. Dunno how that works exactly but the gut has lots of mast cells. When you ingested something you are sensitive to your B-cells release specific immunoglobulin E (IGE) for future reference.The IGE then binds to mast cells which causes a release of a host of chemicals but mainly histamine causing most symptoms. The mast cells remembers the specific IGE. So next time its primed and the reaction is more intense and faster. What you wanna do is block this as much as possible so that the sensitivity eventually goes down/ calm down.

Jennifer

Oh, okay. Yeah, you obviously were sensitive to it. If I remember correctly, my doctor had me on 200mg a day of the mino for at least 6 months. The only thing I remember it doing to my teeth was making them squeaky clean (and my tongue completely pink) even by the end of the day, but I do recall teeth issues being a potential side-effect of one of the tetracyclines, though I think it has to do with staining children's teeth.
Doxy completely eradicated my pimples (they grow mostly on my scalp) but gave me a brutal pebble poop, and that's why Im hesitant now to try other antbx....
I recall having a similar experience while on minocycline. I ended up with pebble, clay colored stools, however, my diet at the time was basically just dairy and honey and dairy always causes me light colored stools and constipation so I can't say for certain the mino was the main culprit.

Last edited:

Mauritio

I think if everything irritates your stomach / intestines ,you have to look elsewhere then food quality. You may have some underlying infection /gut dysbiosis going on than can not heal if the root cause isn't fixed.
I'm sitting in the same boat as you can not digest any types of milk or orange juice and often get flushed cheeks after food or alcohol. I have found it is tied to adrenaline after food since an adrenaline blocker like propranolol brought it completely under control . I think the high adrenaline must be somehow tied to maldigestion and the resulting stress hormones .
At the moment I'm trying mutaflor ,hope that helps.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals