How To Slow Down Cynomel (T3) Absorption?

vulture

If you hypothetically had Cynomel, how could you significantly slow down its absorption?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I would hypothetically eat it with a meal.

OP
vulture

vulture

I would hypothetically eat it with a meal.
I meant chemically. Suppose you just ate at 9 and you have to sleep at 10. Is there a chemical compound that could slow down the tablet absorption?
I know Peat said to take it with food, but is there any data on this?
Right now I’m just letting it dissolve in my mouth rather than swallowing it.
But I know Denis Wilson found a way with a drugstore to make a slow absorption T3

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I meant chemically. Suppose you just ate at 9 and you have to sleep at 10. Is there a chemical compound that could slow down the tablet absorption?
I know Peat said to take it with food, but is there any data on this?
Right now I’m just letting it dissolve in my mouth rather than swallowing it.
But I know Denis Wilson found a way with a drugstore to make a slow absorption T3
I think calcium slows it down.

schultz

If you ate at 9 and took the pill at 10, that would still be fine. Food doesn't leave the stomach that quickly. I feel as though taking it sublingually would be very quick absorption.

i think taking it with food helps but it is very fast acting and easily absorbed so I don't think it helps as much as to let you go through the entire night with T3 supplementation. I haven't solved this.

OP
vulture

vulture

It’s incredible for me to think that no one haves other ideas than just food to slow down T3 absorption, considering is one of the most important hormones to supplement in hypothyroidism and that is absorbed too fast.
I mean, are those pharmacologist that Dr Wilson have such a genius?

thomas00

From what i understand drug companies have been trying for years to make a slow release t3 product and none have been successful.

There aren't any pharmacokinetics available for the compounded t3 products that are claimed to be slow release. Some people who have used them claim their is a difference though.

Here is an interesting review paper on efforts to make ER t3:

An alternative approach to improve LT3 PK properties when given orally is to delay its absorption. This has been used for LT3 or combinations of LT4+LT3. For example, “slow release” LT3 tablets containing a hydrophilic swellable matrix system made with hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, sodium carboxymethylcellulose, calcium phosphate and magnesium stearate have been prepared (US Patent #5,324,522). Other combinations of salt and matrices have also been tested, including mannitol, magnesium stearate, calcium phosphate, and microporous polypropylene (US Patent #5,324,522). When tested in vitro the rate of LT3 release from such capsules can be modulated according to their content and grade of Methocel, and/or SimpleCap/Lactose (43). In vivo tests were also performed. In one of the two clinical studies performed to date, slow release LT3 tablets were given to 17 hypothyroid individuals. The results indicated that slowing down the release of LT3 in the intestine decreases the peak T3 in the serum (Cmax) by about 9% and prolonged the time to Cmax from ~3.2 to 5 h (44). However, in the other study in which LT3 tablets were prepared with microcrystalline cellulose and magnesium stearate (BCT303), sustained serum T3 levels were not observed (30). Another approach still under testing is to deliver LT3 via chewable ion exchange resin that form a drug resin complex (Spectrix, Southlake TX). This technology utilizes ion exchange resin to form a multi-particulate drug-resin complex that could potentially provide an enhanced drug release profile and PK profile in humans, but clinical studies have yet to be performed.

Sustained Release T3 Therapy: Animal Models and Translational Applications

So it seems using a combintation of Methocel, SimpleCap and lactose could do it.

Last edited:
OP
vulture

vulture

From what i understand drug companies have been trying for years to make a slow release t3 product and none have been successful.

There aren't any pharmacokinetics available for the compounded t3 products that are claimed to be slow release. Some people who have used them claim their is a difference though.

Here is an interesting review paper on efforts to make ER t3:

An alternative approach to improve LT3 PK properties when given orally is to delay its absorption. This has been used for LT3 or combinations of LT4+LT3. For example, “slow release” LT3 tablets containing a hydrophilic swellable matrix system made with hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, sodium carboxymethylcellulose, calcium phosphate and magnesium stearate have been prepared (US Patent #5,324,522). Other combinations of salt and matrices have also been tested, including mannitol, magnesium stearate, calcium phosphate, and microporous polypropylene (US Patent #5,324,522). When tested in vitro the rate of LT3 release from such capsules can be modulated according to their content and grade of Methocel, and/or SimpleCap/Lactose (43). In vivo tests were also performed. In one of the two clinical studies performed to date, slow release LT3 tablets were given to 17 hypothyroid individuals. The results indicated that slowing down the release of LT3 in the intestine decreases the peak T3 in the serum (Cmax) by about 9% and prolonged the time to Cmax from ~3.2 to 5 h (44). However, in the other study in which LT3 tablets were prepared with microcrystalline cellulose and magnesium stearate (BCT303), sustained serum T3 levels were not observed (30). Another approach still under testing is to deliver LT3 via chewable ion exchange resin that form a drug resin complex (Spectrix, Southlake TX). This technology utilizes ion exchange resin to form a multi-particulate drug-resin complex that could potentially provide an enhanced drug release profile and PK profile in humans, but clinical studies have yet to be performed.

Sustained Release T3 Therapy: Animal Models and Translational Applications

So it seems using a combintation of Methocel, SimpleCap and lactose could do it.
Thanks a lot, bro. I’ll research on it to see if it’s economically reasonable to make.

T3+T4 overnight,at daytime, pulverise the tablet and take it scoop by scoop!
wolf it down bro.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals