How to reverse a bad day of eating

peatyzilian

I think that sometimes the stress of not eating what you're craving is worse than eating it at all.
When i hang out and there's only junk food avaiable to eat, i just take some Aspirin with my meal.

Barliman

No doubt about it. I am not saying anything against cascara (don't even know what that is tbh). But I don't believe that things like that are necessary to recover from a one-time fast food binge. The body will clean itself with time, with or without cascara.
The issue with the fast foods is that the PUFA (esp omega 6) does not readily cleanse from the body. The more you have, the more will accumulate- leading to both inflammation (via lipid peroxidation) and obesity- due to interference with mitochondrial function. Both of these things pretty much match the proportion of omega 6 PUFA in your body, and once it is in it is difficult to get out as it disrupts metabolism.
As I see it, getting your body to a low PUFA state must, by needs, be a long term process.
Bad eating days may be unavoidable at times, but they need to be minimised.

abady

I ate fast food today
How to make up for it?
You can try vitamin E coffee asprin, but for me the best thing that really can help you is to Eat lots of saturated fats, drink lots of milk, make a beef soup with lot of butter, eat lots of dark chocolate 80% and rest.

Rafe

The issue with the fast foods is that the PUFA (esp omega 6) does not readily cleanse from the body. The more you have, the more will accumulate- leading to both inflammation (via lipid peroxidation) and obesity- due to interference with mitochondrial function. Both of these things pretty much match the proportion of omega 6 PUFA in your body, and once it is in it is difficult to get out as it disrupts metabolism.
As I see it, getting your body to a low PUFA state must, by needs, be a long term process.
Exactly this. Then losing pufa by metabolic burning or glucuronidation is a type of physiological stressor. Carrying it around as extra fat weight is also a stressor, until you’re resilient enough and the environment is supportive enough to lose it without much harm.

I should put this comment on my fridge.

Can

I mean I pretty much agree with what you are saying. I don't see how this contradicts what I wrote though. You are talking about a scenario where someone has accumulated lots of toxins (pufas), and in such a case, detoxification takes longer. It is a long term process, like you say. But notice how the thread starter spoke about one day of bad eating, not about a year-long chronic period of bad eating.

"The body will clean itself with time" is true, isn't it? - The duration is influenced by the amount of toxins accumulated but that statement is true nonetheless. Doesn't matter how long it takes, the body constantly expels toxins.

and once it is in it is difficult to get out as it disrupts metabolism.
As long as you are alive, you have a somewhat functioning metabolism, as disrupted it may be (you wouldn't be alive without a metabolism). It will cleanse itself with time. The heavier the toxin load & the more impaired the metabolism or organs like the liver, the more you need to keep toxins low and support your body. That is why I wrote:

the symptoms can also be like a learning pressure. If one eats something that makes them feel horrible, accepting and letting the body cleanse itself, as long and arduous as that process may feel in the moment, will provide a much stronger incentive to not repeat the behavior that lead to those symptoms
If you eat a bunch of toxins at once and as a result feel horrible, that will be a learning pressure that will be a much bigger reminder to avoid those toxins in the future, than if you bandage up your symptoms and can feel 'normal' quickly again.

In my earlier posts, I was just affirming the body's own ability to detox itself. I personally believe that the best aid for the body is natural food, sunlight etc. Supplements generally come second.

To be clear, I have no problem with people using supplements to aid their bodies. I think supplements can be beneficial. However, if you take supplements, you better know what you are doing. Supplements can create disbalances and deficiencies in the body. People can and do mess themselves up with supplements and make their situation worse sometimes.

In the case of this thread, the person was asking how to undo one day of bad eating - in that case, I stand by what I wrote: Move on. The body will undo the bad day of eating itself - provided you don't continually load it up with the same toxins the following days. That is why I spoke of the learning pressure - you would automatically stay away from the toxins yourself.

Anyhow, I don't see how your post contradicts anything I wrote ^^.

Last edited:

Peatful

Stop viewing the food you ate as good or bad.

Thank God for it.
Enjoy it.
Move on.
This is a state of mind.
A place of peace, gratitude, nourishment…

Some seem to be criticizing it solely operationally.

I ate fast food today
How to make up for it?
The OP ate a fast food meal correct?

One day.
A meal.

Probably not the best use of my time to discuss it more if unable to be open conceptually.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:

Barliman

I think the idea of pufa as "toxins" is erroneous. They have been in our diet for a long while and many cultures and other mammalian species have eaten them without issues. It is a matter of balance.
The idea that our metabolism is regulated by them, and that a higher pufa to sfa ratio downregulates metabolism and induces torpor is more useful. It also explains the mechanism by which hibernation is induced and, I think the sluggishness of depressed people.
In any case this blog gives some useful ideas on fat burning too- which goes some way to addressing the original question.

Can

I think the idea of pufa as "toxins" is erroneous. They have been in our diet for a long while and many cultures and other mammalian species have eaten them without issues. It is a matter of balance.
The idea that our metabolism is regulated by them, and that a higher pufa to sfa ratio downregulates metabolism and induces torpor is more useful. It also explains the mechanism by which hibernation is induced and, I think the sluggishness of depressed people.
In any case this blog gives some useful ideas on fat burning too- which goes some way to addressing the original question.
Anything is a toxin, provided the dose is large enough. I don't think that pufas are inherently bad. Since we usually think in terms of how to increase metabolism in this community, something that induces hibernation and slows metabolism in mammals like pufas will naturally be looked down upon for this very reason, but they obviously have their uses in nature and should not be vilified.

Also, the link you posted is interesting. The same study that is mentioned there is also talked about in this video, alongside the use of pufas to induce torpor in mammals. Posting this 'cause it fits with the thing we are talking about:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySB2me2YDH4

Last edited:

abady

Anything is a toxin, provided the dose is large enough. I don't think that pufas are inherently bad. Since we usually think in terms of how to increase metabolism in this community, something that induces hibernation and slows metabolism in mammals like pufas will naturally be looked down upon for this very reason, but they obviously have their uses in nature and should not be vilified.

Also, the link you posted is interesting. The same study that is mentioned there is also talked about in this video, alongside the use of pufas to induce torpor in mammals. Posting this 'cause it fits with the thing we are talking about:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySB2me2YDH4

Thanks for sharing this video it's so interesting!! everyone should watch it!

Lollipop2

Yeah that microwave popcorn is always on the worst foods of all time lists. The kernels are impossible too breakdown too. You gotta have some strong digestion to not let popcorn phase you. I have a gut of steel so I can get away with it. If you can find it, sprouted popcorn is much easier to digest. Here is the one I have bought.
Hey @Rinse & rePeat - this is cool! Do you pop it with ghee/butter like normal popped popcorn? Also ANYTHING microwaved is horrible for us. Have you seen those pictures of plants fed microwaved water and how they all die quickly?

Lollipop2

That looks like some amazing pork he is raising and selling. I currently don’t have much of a freezer but as soon as I do - yuummmy - ordering from him.

Hey @Rinse & rePeat - this is cool! Do you pop it with ghee/butter like normal popped popcorn? Also ANYTHING microwaved is horrible for us. Have you seen those pictures of plants fed microwaved water and how they all die quickly?
No whaaat?!! I gotta look that up now!

I pop the sprouted popcorn in ghee on stove like normal. I will post back here if I find that video!

Here is one experimenter’s post on the microwave water. This is so interesting!…

“What I concluded from this experiment is that both stove-boiled and microwave-boiled water would help the plants do well under optimal conditions. But as soon as the plants were stressed (such as from a hot day with no water), the plants given microwave-boiled water proved to be much more vulnerable than the plants given stove-boiled water.“

Lollipop2

Here is one experimenter’s post on the microwave water. This is so interesting!…

“What I concluded from this experiment is that both stove-boiled and microwave-boiled water would help the plants do well under optimal conditions. But as soon as the plants were stressed (such as from a hot day with no water), the plants given microwave-boiled water proved to be much more vulnerable than the plants given stove-boiled water.“

I LOVE this article! This is one of my favorite because she is a scientist.

DNP and aspirin

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals