How To Restore Liver Glycogen For Increased Metabolism

ubiety

Tim's videos are great, thanks for posting. I started his recommendation of eating lots of carbs and very low fat (from his insulin sensitivity video) and my energy gains are huge throughout the day now.

FrenchKiwi

Would this help with weight loss without excessive hunger? Do you think it would fit with a starch solution based diet but with added protein from skim dairy?

gaze

Starch, protein cooked with butter, fruit and skimmed milk without added vitamins have been huge for me. i think Starch is essential for both protective hormones and minimizing adrenaline. I agree with him insulin is very misunderstood, even by peat.

@FrenchKiwi
SKimmed dairy and lean meats and eggs. Also you can still cook with butter and put some in your starch meals.

FrenchKiwi

Thanks @Kammas for that info. I absolutely love starch but I understand that I need to keep fats low. As a very short woman I put on weight easily and although I didn't put on weight when I experimented with the potato diet, I did have strong hunger as well as reactive hypoglycaemia. I cannot go longer than 4 hours without eating either. Maybe having lean protein with starch would help? What meal combos do you enjoy

gaze

Thanks @Kammas for that info. I absolutely love starch but I understand that I need to keep fats low. As a very short woman I put on weight easily and although I didn't put on weight when I experimented with the potato diet, I did have strong hunger as well as reactive hypoglycaemia. I cannot go longer than 4 hours without eating either. Maybe having lean protein with starch would help? What meal combos do you enjoy

Yea the problem with the potato diet is it’s low in protein (and many other minerals) and i find people severely under eat causing long term issues because of how falsely filling it is for the amount of calorieFor me, one or 2 eggs with oats/homemade hash browns with milk and orange juice for breakfast, a lean meat and cheese sandwich with sourdough bread with some fruit and milk for lunch, and maybe a chicken or shrimp alfredo pasta for dinner. Often I’m too lazy to cook so a lot of variability. but I also like sweet potatoe and normal potatoes and corn and white rice. Basically meals that most people eat, without the pufas. I find almost every successful culture is primarily starch based, so it’s not hard to find tasty food combos, also i find walking around and relaxation as much as possible very helpful. I’ll also sporadically add in collagen powder in my milk or OJ with my meals.

Last edited:

FrenchKiwi

Your meals sound very yummy to me. I will keep on with my starch based meals and include some eggs and liver because I love them. I also really enjoy homemade cottage cheese on sourdough. All this reading of nutrition has made me overthink my food and if I just eat the foods I enjoy my staples become potato, pumpkin, bananas, cottage cheese, liver, eggs, yogurt, sourdough and other nutritious, basic low pufa foods. Thanks again @Kammas

jet9

Tim's videos are great, thanks for posting. I started his recommendation of eating lots of carbs and very low fat (from his insulin sensitivity video) and my energy gains are huge throughout the day now.
Could you tell what are your carb staples ?
And if possible example of breakfast / lunch / dinner ?

ubiety

Could you tell what are your carb staples ?
And if possible example of breakfast / lunch / dinner ?
Fruit, fruit juice-oj/apple/grape, rice, sourdough bread, and potatoes. Breakfast: bone broth, eggs, fruit, sourdough with a little butter, tablespoon of honey, juice. Lunch: chicken or ground beef or steak, rice (or potato), some fruit or juice and/or dark chocolate. Dinner: chicken or ground beef or steak, rice or potato, veg., cookie or dark choc. The carb loading at breakfast with relatively low fat made the biggest difference in energy for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals