How to replace orange juice?

rayban

I've had "geographical tongue" for months now and the few things i've read include that citrics are not good since it inflammes it. If I stop drinking orange juice, what can I replace it with? Im not sure if some vitamin C supplement will be good. I just wish this bs disease disappeared so I can enjoy food again.

InChristAlone

I drink grape juice.

-Luke-

I've had "geographical tongue" for months now and the few things i've read include that citrics are not good since it inflammes it. If I stop drinking orange juice, what can I replace it with? Im not sure if some vitamin C supplement will be good. I just wish this bs disease disappeared so I can enjoy food again.
Is orange juice problematic because of the acidity? If so, have you tried mixing the juice with baking soda to reduce the acidity?

I'm.No.One

You could try the non acidics like mango/papaya/guava, good for gut health too since they're loaded with beneficial enzymes.

I live in a rural food desert & am able to find them in the juice section of my measly stores so probably should be able to find them.

Random info: I was drinking OJ every single day for the last 7 or so months I've been eating pro-metabolic & my potassium levels were dangerously high. So I'd say finding alternative isn't a bad thing. Now I don't drink it more than once a week.

OP
R

rayban

You could try the non acidics like mango/papaya/guava, good for gut health too since they're loaded with beneficial enzymes.

I live in a rural food desert & am able to find them in the juice section of my measly stores so probably should be able to find them.

Random info: I was drinking OJ every single day for the last 7 or so months I've been eating pro-metabolic & my potassium levels were dangerously high. So I'd say finding alternative isn't a bad thing. Now I don't drink it more than once a week.
But the orange juice you can prepare yourself. I don't know how to prepare mango juice. And its so expensive to buy anyway, like 5€ a piece. Not sure about the others.

OP
R

rayban

Is orange juice problematic because of the acidity? If so, have you tried mixing the juice with baking soda to reduce the acidity?
I guess, the problem is the tongue, it's always whiteish white whitemarks that sometimes are inflammed.

-Luke-

I guess, the problem is the tongue, it's always whiteish white whitemarks that sometimes are inflammed.
But wouldn't the inflamation improve with less to no acidity? I'm not familiar with this health problem, but I guess the problem isn't the OJ itself but the contact of the OJ with the tongue, no? If the contact is the problem, could you minimize the contact by drinking it with a straw?

I see you are from France. Can you maybe get pineapple juice? I can buy it for a reasonable price in Germany (only a little bit more expensive than orange or grape juice for example). I know that food is cheaper in Germany than in France, but maybe you can get one for a reasonable price.

Vileplume

I think geographic tongue in general comes from something that isn't digesting well. So it could be the orange juice causing it, but it could also be anything else in your diet that irritates your intestine. Fresh-squeezed OJ from sweet (not-bitter-at-all) oranges digests really well for me and, combined with carrots, helps to clear my geographic tongue. However, sour OJ or any store bought OJ, makes my stomach feel uncomfortable and increases my geographic tongue.

InChristAlone

I had it the worst with lots of milk in my diet, so yes it's from something not digesting properly.

Sevaan

I'm curious: What were your symptoms of high potassium? Thank you!

I'm.No.One

I'm curious: What were your symptoms of high potassium? Thank you!
Cognitive impairment just like forgetting words forgetting why I walked into a room etc.

Exhaustion more than usual anyhow, disparity, depression all that fun stuff.

Only felt my heart jump around in my chest about twice but when it did it was definitely frightening.

I also started having off and on stomach cramps and nausea.

What's crazy is how fast a lot of these symptoms resolved as soon as I stop drinking orange juice watched my potassium intake and started using baking soda to push the potassium out of my blood and into my cells.

I will say I only did the baking soda for about 2 days and that's really all it took to start feeling better.

One thing I find really interesting is that low potassium symptoms are very similar to high potassium symptoms. Definitely feel like that's something at this point we should be testing for before we start pounding orange juice or along the way of drinking that much.

Sevaan

@Theotherapril // Wow, thank you so much for your detailed in-sight. ?

You are totally in tune with your temple (as most who experiment with the Gospel of Peat are).

Question: How much orange juice per day are we talking about?

I'm.No.One

@Theotherapril // Wow, thank you so much for your detailed in-sight. ?

You are totally in tune with your temple (as most who experiment with the Gospel of Peat are).

Question: How much orange juice per day are we talking about?
About a quart a day, maybe a quart & 1/2 if I was really active.

Worth noting I also drank coconut water on a semi regular basis, fair amount of potassium there too.

J.R.K

About a quart a day, maybe a quart & 1/2 if I was really active.

Worth noting I also drank coconut water on a semi regular basis, fair amount of potassium there too.
Curious @Theotherapril, have you done any experiments with modulating the potassium intake and trying to keep the sodium intake on a somewhat equal ratio? This can be difficult I know but curious as to what that ratio might be if that data is known.
By the way welcome to the forum.

I'm.No.One

Curious @Theotherapril, have you done any experiments with modulating the potassium intake and trying to keep the sodium intake on a somewhat equal ratio? This can be difficult I know but curious as to what that ratio might be if that data is known.
By the way welcome to the forum.
Yeah I was eating plenty of high quality sodium (adrenal cocktails & adding to food), in fact it was sky high too.

Probably other co-factors here for sure but I think it's something to kinda just be aware of if we're going to be pounding orange juice.

OP
R

rayban

I think geographic tongue in general comes from something that isn't digesting well. So it could be the orange juice causing it, but it could also be anything else in your diet that irritates your intestine. Fresh-squeezed OJ from sweet (not-bitter-at-all) oranges digests really well for me and, combined with carrots, helps to clear my geographic tongue. However, sour OJ or any store bought OJ, makes my stomach feel uncomfortable and increases my geographic tongue.
Im drinking OJ with a straw. How are you supposed to isolate what could be causing that? i've removed milk for months now. I don't know what to do. Whenever it's healing, a small white spot shows up again and it resets. I've took a bunch of pic and put an animation together and you can see this. Im so desperate to get my tongue normal I dont know wtf to do.

J.R.K

Im drinking OJ with a straw. How are you supposed to isolate what could be causing that? i've removed milk for months now. I don't know what to do. Whenever it's healing, a small white spot shows up again and it resets. I've took a bunch of pic and put an animation together and you can see this. Im so desperate to get my tongue normal I dont know wtf to do.
This might be helpful, Hans shared his experience and what he found helpful for a white tongue.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals