How To Remove Estrogens From Tap Water?

biggirlkisss

im no expert but I know someone paid for expensive labs that showed reverse oememius take out 80% of fluride. Flouride is hard to filter out so. Also reverse omious was first used to filter sea water to drink in submarines.

lampofred

I think Peat was asked this question on one of the Herb Doctor interviews. I forgot his response but if you search in YouTube for water filtration I think it should pop up.

OP
S

shepherdgirl

Thanks @biggirlkisss - yeah reverse osmosis would probably be the best option. Good point.

Thanks @lampofred - you know i just heard that interview where he was talking about it, but he was interrupted before answering about how to get it out of the water. Which is why I thought I would start a thread about it. Maybe there is another interview where he answers it, but I haven't found it yet.

ANDREW CHIN

Would a carbon filter help? Sodium thiosulfate? Any ideas?

I have a home system that I paid about $500-600 dollars for. Every 12-18 months, I have it serviced, and this costs about $200. It goes through a multi-step system, and you basically end up with distilled water. I add in a smidgen of salt per gallon in order to remineralize and structure the water. Some believe distilled water is best, but I disagree, since I believe that in the long-term, it could contribute to demineralization.

If you can swing the expense, see if there's a company like this in your area.
Products for Drinking Water

schultz

Carbon filter works. Ray talked about it in one of the kmud's and I remember one of them asking "Well isn't this a practical way for cities to do it?" and Ray said it wasn't because it was too expensive on a large scale.

OP
S

shepherdgirl

I have a home system that I paid about $500-600 dollars for. Every 12-18 months, I have it serviced, and this costs about $200. It goes through a multi-step system, and you basically end up with distilled water. I add in a smidgen of salt per gallon in order to remineralize and structure the water. Some believe distilled water is best, but I disagree, since I believe that in the long-term, it could contribute to demineralization.

If you can swing the expense, see if there's a company like this in your area.
Products for Drinking Water

Thanks @ANDREW CHIN
It's pricey but I guess demineralization gets rid of most contaminants. Right now I am looking for something cheaper/easier that would work semi-decently. Don't currently have the patience/$ for an expensive system.

OP
S

shepherdgirl

Carbon filter works. Ray talked about it in one of the kmud's and I remember one of them asking "Well isn't this a practical way for cities to do it?" and Ray said it wasn't because it was too expensive on a large scale.
Thanks @schultz
I have also heard him recommend them, and I do use one. I suppose they remove a lot of contaminants, but I wasn't sure about estrogen.

ShotTrue

It cost me $300 for 2.5 gallon Berkey that filters even fluoride , but leaves all the natural minerals like magnesium

T

TheBeard

So there would be such a thing as drinkable hormones?

Silly me all this money spent on DMSO when I can find hormones readily available in tap water.

On a serious note:

Why the hell is everything in nature estrogenic? Xenoestrogens?

Where are the xenoandrogens?? I want to pop all these xenoandrogens all day long, please let me know what the source is

ANDREW CHIN

It cost me $300 for 2.5 gallon Berkey that filters even fluoride , but leaves all the natural minerals like magnesium

This might be a pretty good way to go. I'm not a big fan of R/O systems because of the amount of water that gets wasted in the process. :)

They have quite a few options on naturalnews.com. Water Filters

ShotTrue

So there would be such a thing as drinkable hormones?

Silly me all this money spent on DMSO when I can find hormones readily available in tap water.

On a serious note:

Why the hell is everything in nature estrogenic? Xenoestrogens?

Where are the xenoandrogens?? I want to pop all these xenoandrogens all day long, please let me know what the source is
Lmao

Literally

FWIW, I have also seen experts state that a carbon filter works on xenoestrogens, but I can no longer remember where.

@ShotTrue, yes hormones can be water or fat soluble (or both). The 3 main risk factors for xenoestrogen infiltration are (1) liquid, (2) fatty, (3) acidic. Not necessarily in that order.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals