How To Reduce The Constipation Effect From Calcium Supplements

Josh

I’ve been taking about a gram of calcium carbonate a day from this brand: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Calcium-Ca...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

I’m pretty sure it’s giving me constipation, Is there any way to reduce the constipation while taking it? If i can’t take this i have no idea how i’m going to get my calcium source.

Is this true of all calcium supplement types? i'm in the Uk so if anyone has any safe recommendations.

(Before any one says i absolutely cannot eat ANY form of dairy as it 100 % wrecks havoc on my eczema, I was eating lots of cheese before and that never gave me constipation).

You could try taking magnesium before/after the calcium and see if that helps, citrate, glycinate, or taurine forms :):
By the way prunes are very reliable for, err getting things moving.

JKX

Possible that you aren't absorbing this well hence the constipation.

You could try mixing the calcium with some white wine vinegar to form calcium acetate. It's highly absorbable so I'd go easy on the dosage. 600mg of calcium in this format is plenty on a daily basis.

OP
J

Josh

Possible that you aren't absorbing this well hence the constipation.

You could try mixing the calcium with some white wine vinegar to form calcium acetate. It's highly absorbable so I'd go easy on the dosage. 600mg of calcium in this format is plenty on a daily basis.

Excellent! Thanks a lot for the suggestion

Yeah, magnesium will help relax the intestines which counteracts the seizing action of calcium.

I've been having better results with magnesium bicarbonate recently than the expensive pills I've tried over the years. Magnesium citrate, glycinate, and malate all had decent effect,
but this combination of magnesium hydroxide + carbonated water to make magnesium bicarbonate has given me the best results and is by far the cheapest, 2 minute video demonstration here:

Magnesium bicarbonate how-to

You don't need the CO2 cartridges. Just buy carbonated water and add the mag-hydroxide to a plastic container during the mixing process.

serling78

I’ve been taking about a gram of calcium carbonate a day from this brand: Amazon product ASIN B018OLRFV8View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Calcium-Carbonate-Pharmaceutical-1lb-454g-Limestone/dp/B018OLRFV8/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=calcium+carbonate&qid=1594797807&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzOFpYNDZPOUdJNjk5JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjczMzAyNUdGVFVYSkxaWFJSJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAyNzk1ODQxQVMwWkdZVk0xSEo1JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

I’m pretty sure it’s giving me constipation, Is there any way to reduce the constipation while taking it? If i can’t take this i have no idea how i’m going to get my calcium source.

Is this true of all calcium supplement types? i'm in the Uk so if anyone has any safe recommendations.

(Before any one says i absolutely cannot eat ANY form of dairy as it 100 % wrecks havoc on my eczema, I was eating lots of cheese before and that never gave me constipation).
I have the same problem. All forms of calcium causes serious bloating and constipation. Even a 250mg calcium citrate pill. Also tried carbonate and eggshell powder. Same results but I also get skin issues from just plain calcium. Those forms of calcium I listed also make my face burning red. I don't even understand how people are able to get calcium. It's like a foreign substance my body won't accept.

Magnesium is always one obvious solution given but that comes with its own problems for me. It's like chemical castration. Even small amounts like 400 MG cause loss of libido and physical shrinkage.

Did you try the white wine vinegar or find any other viable solutions?

Back
Top Bottom