How To Reduce The Constipation Effect From Calcium Supplements

Josh

I’ve been taking about a gram of calcium carbonate a day from this brand: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Calcium-Ca...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

I’m pretty sure it’s giving me constipation, Is there any way to reduce the constipation while taking it? If i can’t take this i have no idea how i’m going to get my calcium source.

Is this true of all calcium supplement types? i'm in the Uk so if anyone has any safe recommendations.

(Before any one says i absolutely cannot eat ANY form of dairy as it 100 % wrecks havoc on my eczema, I was eating lots of cheese before and that never gave me constipation).

You could try taking magnesium before/after the calcium and see if that helps, citrate, glycinate, or taurine forms :):
By the way prunes are very reliable for, err getting things moving.

JKX

Possible that you aren't absorbing this well hence the constipation.

You could try mixing the calcium with some white wine vinegar to form calcium acetate. It's highly absorbable so I'd go easy on the dosage. 600mg of calcium in this format is plenty on a daily basis.

Josh

Possible that you aren't absorbing this well hence the constipation.

You could try mixing the calcium with some white wine vinegar to form calcium acetate. It's highly absorbable so I'd go easy on the dosage. 600mg of calcium in this format is plenty on a daily basis.

Excellent! Thanks a lot for the suggestion

Yeah, magnesium will help relax the intestines which counteracts the seizing action of calcium.

I've been having better results with magnesium bicarbonate recently than the expensive pills I've tried over the years. Magnesium citrate, glycinate, and malate all had decent effect,
but this combination of magnesium hydroxide + carbonated water to make magnesium bicarbonate has given me the best results and is by far the cheapest, 2 minute video demonstration here:

Magnesium bicarbonate how-to

You don't need the CO2 cartridges. Just buy carbonated water and add the mag-hydroxide to a plastic container during the mixing process.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S What is the most effective way to reduce the effects of endotoxin after antibiotics? Ask For Help or Advice 14
M Reduce Blood Cysteine Ask For Help or Advice 4
GelatinGoblin Elon Musk offers $100M to whomever can effectively reduce atmospheric co2 Altitude, Bag Breathing, CO2, Light, Weather 9
bzmazu How to Reduce the Pain of Life...Choose Health Health 0
L How To Reduce Damage From Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination? Toxins, Detoxification 71
MaxVerstappen Microdosing Mushrooms To Reduce Serotonin Autism 36
R How To Reduce Stress? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 1
Lewis Acid Eugenol: Helps Reduce Loss Of Dopamine / Protects From Aluminum / Neuro-protective & Anti-stress Scientific Studies 12
C How Does Colloidal Silver Reduce Levothyroxine Absorption? Ask For Help or Advice 2
S Methods To Reduce Allergic Reaction From Foods?/diet Advice Ask For Help or Advice 15
Lokzo Riboflavin And Pyridoxine Restore Dopamine Levels And Reduce Oxidative Stress In Brain Of Rats Scientific Studies 0
haidut Vitamin K May Help Reduce Arterial Stiffness & Improve Blood Pressure Scientific Studies 9
bluefish General Inflammation. (how To Reduce) Ask For Help or Advice 17
GutFeeling Proviron May Reduce DHEA Conversion To Testosterone Scientific Studies 1
jase_11six Any Alternative Ways To Reduce Prostaglandin D2 Instead Of Aspirin? Aspirin 2
I TG/HDL=5 How Can I Reduce It? Cholesterol 4
ScurveDream Any Way To Reduce PUFAs In Pork Chops? Ask For Help or Advice 17
GorillaHead Best Supplement To Reduce And Avoid Scar Tissue? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 5
L Does Anyone Know Ways To Reduce The Need For Sleep? Mind, Sleep, Stress 6
Frankdee20 What Helps Reduce Smoking ? Ask For Help or Advice 57
Lejeboca Nature Experiences Reduce Stress In Daily Life Scientific Studies 4
vulture Vitamin B6 Does Not Reduce Prolactin Scientific Studies 9
K How To Properly Reduce Estradiol? Hormones 44
M Reduce Radiation By 30-40% And Suppress Lipid Peroxidation Completely Articles & Newsletters 2
N Does Stress Reduce TSH - TSH Rebound Question Thyroid and Hormones 0
tankasnowgod Vitamin C Is An Endotoxin Antagonist And Can Reduce Cortisol And Inflammation C 61
W Reduce Xt An Advanced Cortisol Control Agent Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 1
M What Is The Quickest And Safest Way To Get Rid Or Reduce Endotoxins? Metabolism 9
haidut Aspirin May Prevent / Reduce HIV Infection In Humans Scientific Studies 5
L Is There A Way To Safely Reduce Male Libido? Sexuality 38
B Will Alcohol Reduce Endotoxin Ask For Help or Advice 10
haidut Niacinamide Lowers BP, May Reverse CVD And Reduce Heart Attack Risk By 25% Scientific Studies 14
M Supplements That Reduce Cortisol? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 35
Vinero Minocycline Can Reduce Asthma Scientific Studies 2
Repas du soir Should Natural Aromatase-inhibitors That Reduce 5α-Reductase Be Avoided? Diet 2
M Reduce Intracranial Pressure Ask For Help or Advice 3
L How To Reduce Left-Brain Dominance? Mental Issues 23
M Why Does Soy Reduce Estrogen Levels In Studies? Scientific Studies 17
kayumochi Both THC And CBD Are Shown To Reduce Estrogen Levels And Block Estrogen Effects Cancer 10
ddjd Can You Reset Or Reduce Serotonin Receptors? Ask For Help or Advice 35
ddjd Does Coq10 Reduce Nitric Oxide? Vitamins 2
A How To Reduce Cortisol And Adrenaline Level? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 6
Arnold Grape Why Would Lysine Reduce Appetite Lysine 2
B Best Ways To Reduce Stress Ask For Help or Advice 13
MyUsernameHere Low-fat Diets Reduce Estrogen Levels - Shouldn't This Be The Best Reason To Eat Low Fat? Fats 17
M How To Reduce Adrenal Androgen Excess Supplements 1
M Help Me Reduce My Serotonin Levels Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 106
Arnold Grape Vitamin C Helps To Reduce Iron C 18
tankasnowgod Simple, Easy And Free Way To Reduce Blue Light Exposure (and Increase Red) Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 33
L Can Alcohol Consumption Reduce Endotoxin Load If Taken After Eating? Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs 11