How To Reduce Prednisone For Pregnenolone

M Jones

Hi, I am a 51 year old female diagnosed with HLA B27 positive - nonspecific spondyloarthropathy in 2015.

The main symptom came on extremely suddenly, I woke up one morning with such extreme pain and stiffness in my shoulders and hips that I couldn't move for several hours.

I have been taking Prednisone in varying doses for the last 18 months. I tapered down to 3mg about 2 months ago but a severe flare up of pain caused an increase to current dose of 10mg. This is the lowest possible dose I can function on ie move around very slowly, with considerable pain.

I have found the weight gain (attributed to the steroids) of 28lbs extremely distressing along with the other symptoms of long term steroid use, and I have gradually lost all interest in life, family and friends and recently handed in my notice at work.

I would like to know if substituting Pregnenolone for Prednisone would be beneficial (re reducing side effects) and if so, how would I go about changing from Prednisone to Pregnenolone.

I would really appreciate hearing the experiences of anyone who has tried to do this.

Simba1992

Hi, I am a 51 year old female diagnosed with HLA B27 positive - nonspecific spondyloarthropathy in 2015.

The main symptom came on extremely suddenly, I woke up one morning with such extreme pain and stiffness in my shoulders and hips that I couldn't move for several hours.

I have been taking Prednisone in varying doses for the last 18 months. I tapered down to 3mg about 2 months ago but a severe flare up of pain caused an increase to current dose of 10mg. This is the lowest possible dose I can function on ie move around very slowly, with considerable pain.

I have found the weight gain (attributed to the steroids) of 28lbs extremely distressing along with the other symptoms of long term steroid use, and I have gradually lost all interest in life, family and friends and recently handed in my notice at work.

I would like to know if substituting Pregnenolone for Prednisone would be beneficial (re reducing side effects) and if so, how would I go about changing from Prednisone to Pregnenolone.

I would really appreciate hearing the experiences of anyone who has tried to do this.
Also very interested to hear more about the subject. Am weaning down from 15mg now on 7. Taking pred on alternate days ( dubble dose one day, next none) to minimize side effects. On dose days I take 100mg Pregnelone with the pred. Have noticed a very good effect the following day. I wonder about the dosage of Pregnelone. Is 100mg every other day ok? Can I take it on off days too? Or would it be too much? Read somewhere that Peat thought 300mg should last the whole week?
I am taking Progestiene every day as well. Very thankful for any thoughts.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals