How to reduce D-lactate?

Daniil

As far as I know, d-lactate is problematic because humans doesn't have enough enzymes to recycle it. I recently tried a probiotic that Ray recommended mentioned (B Subtilis and B. Licheniformis) It seem to reduced my dandruff and ADHD, but increased my brain fog. I think these bacteria are holding back the growth of other pathogenic bacteria and fungi, but they are themselves problematic because of the lactate. Are there ways to reduce lactate without poisoning these bacteria with antibiotics? I don't eat much fiber and starch practically. Maybe somewhere I can get the enzymes that will help me break it down?

Perry Staltic

As far as I know, d-lactate is problematic because humans doesn't have enough enzymes to recycle it. I recently tried a probiotic that Ray recommended mentioned (B Subtilis and B. Licheniformis) It seem to reduced my dandruff and ADHD, but increased my brain fog. I think these bacteria are holding back the growth of other pathogenic bacteria and fungi, but they are themselves problematic because of the lactate. Are there ways to reduce lactate without poisoning these bacteria with antibiotics? I don't eat much fiber and starch practically. Maybe somewhere I can get the enzymes that will help me break it down?

Subtilis does not produce much D-lactate, if any at all. It produces L-lactate which the body can easily metabolize. I don't know about Licheniformis. Research D-Lactate-free probiotics. There are a bunch of baxcteria that don't produce D-lactate. Some of the bfidobacteria produce acetate.

OP
D

Daniil

Subtilis does not produce much D-lactate, if any at all. It produces L-lactate which the body can easily metabolize. I don't know about Licheniformis. Research D-Lactate-free probiotics. There are a bunch of baxcteria that don't produce D-lactate. Some of the bfidobacteria produce acetate.
Licheniformis produce D-lactate. I know that probiotics are the only solution used. But I don't want to breed any more bacteria

Perry Staltic

Licheniformis produce D-lactate. I know that probiotics are the only solution used. But I don't want to breed any more bacteria

Bacteria are going to proliferate no matter what. My philosophy is to flood the system with good stuff to crowd out the bad.

If you don't eat much fiber you may not be providing enough substrate for butyrate producing bacteria that ferment resistant starch and fiber. Colonocytes get up to 90% of their energy from butyrate, so if they're not being well fed a leaky gut can result.

OP
D

Daniil

Bacteria are going to proliferate no matter what. My philosophy is to flood the system with good stuff to crowd out the bad.

If you don't eat much fiber you may not be providing enough substrate for butyrate producing bacteria that ferment resistant starch and fiber. Colonocytes get up to 90% of their energy from butyrate, so if they're not being well fed a leaky gut can result.
I agree. What probiotic would you recommend?

Perry Staltic

I agree. What probiotic would you recommend?

I hate to recommend anything because what may work for me may not work for someone else. But what I take is bacillus coagulens (L-lactate), which I highly rate; bacillus subtilis (L-lactate); bfidobacteria longum, bfidum, lactis, breve, infantis (all acetate); L. salivarius, rhamnosus (L-lactate); streptococcus thermophilus (yogurt culture, L-lactate).

I started the coagulens because I accidentally found that coagulens did good things for me after eating some chips that had it as an additive. I started subtilis because it is another spore probiotic I read good things about, but couldn't tell any difference like I could with coagulens.

I started taking the last 8 as an experiment to see if non-D-lactate producing probiotics made a noticeable difference. My gut feels extremely stable, but I can't say that is the reason why because I had unknowingly been consuming most of those in another probiotic I tried without knowing anything about them. It was only after I started the experiment that I realized I had already been taking some of them.