How to re-introduce carbs back on a carnivore or keto diet: discussing FODMAP

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi guys,

Mike Fave and I are doing a series on introducing carbs back when coming from a carnivore or keto diet. Since a lot of people end up on a carnivore diet because of gut problems, we thought it would be a good idea to start the series with FODMAPs.

View: https://youtu.be/3NByGzyF4h4

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Good topic, I can’t wait to listen.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Good topic, I can’t wait to listen.
I hope you learned something new!
This is most likely only useful if some knows which bacteria they need to increase and which specific fiber can increase it.

Amazoniac

This is most likely only useful if some knows which bacteria they need to increase and which specific fiber can increase it.
It's one more strategy at disposal: rely on a fiber of high specificity that leads to relatively predictable shifts in attempt to outcompete pathogens, then fibers with low specificity can be reintroduced.

Excessive fermentation can be controlled with extra killcium (as pointed out by Raj), that can prevent bile toxicity. However, too much of it can raise intestinal alkalinity. For people eating a meat-based diet that probably have proteolytic germs taking over, the acidity is desirable to susceptibilize these germs. Favoring additional short-chain fatty acids over long-chain ones (ruminants short:long gut ratio?) should be beneficial for too, even when they don't reach the distal parts.

- Galacto-oligosaccharides and bowel function

"Oligosaccharides resembling GOS occur naturally in human milk and may be one of the factors that protect human infants from gastrointestinal pathogenic bacteria [5]."​

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals