How To Raise EGFR And Lower Creatinine

yerrag

One way you could disprove the idea of poor creatinine filtration is to take a 24 hour urine test. The amount of creatinine excreted can be measured, and you'll see that there's still a lot of creatinine being excreted.
With the 24hr urine test, I find my creatinine clearance to be much, much higher than my eGFR. Even if it's said that creatinine clearance overestimates GFR, and after I correct for that with a multiplier of 0.8, the computed GFR is still much higher than eGFR. So I have my doubts on whether I should rely on the eGFR calculated using formulas.

When I did the 24hr urine test, I realized I urinated a lot more than normal. I was urinating 3.6 liters a day, and the norm was 2 liters. This makes me think that perhaps this is how the body, and the kidneys compensate in order to allow waste to be excreted sufficiently when the kidneys are somehow compromised.

This may explain why creatinine is not accumulating in the blood at an increasing rate, and that serum creatinine values do not increase as a function of time in a linear or logarithmic manner in people with kidneys that are still functional though not optimal.

This does not mean serum creatinine values don't increase (or worsen) over time, but it's because the kidneys and the body's own wisdom has a fairly adaptive and compensatory system to excrete the waste.

It's a simplification to portray the state of the kidneys as tied directly to the serum creatinine in the way that it determines the glomerular filtering ability of the kidneys.

First of all, doctors fail to take into account the blood volume. If the blood volume is half of what it should be, wouldn't the serum creatinine appear to be twice, since serum creatinine describe the concentration of creatinine in blood.

It may very well be that blood volume is related to the health of the kidneys, but that has never been explained.

I think though, that if the underlying cause for low blood volume is determined and fixed, and blood volume returns to normal, the serum creatinine would return to normal. The kidneys will then be able to filter waste more efficiently (without having to excrete so much urine), and if there is hypertension, the hypertension will also be corrected.

There will also be much less albumin being excreted because it isn't the kidney's nephrons that are leaking, it's because the albumin is either too oxidized (from oxidative stresses related to say, a bacterial pathology) or that the albumin isn't bound to peptides (that it normally should be bound to, due to bacterial enzymes dismembering this agglomeration), causing the unbound albumin to have less mass, which would make it pass through the nephrons readily. Or both.

With albumin being excreted through urine, albumin stores in the blood gets less and less, as the liver's production of albumin fails to keep up with the rate albumin is excreted through urine.

With lower and lower albumin stores in blood, blood volume gets lower and lower over time. This is because albumin attracts sodium into a complex in blood. With less albumin, there is less sodium. And with less sodium, less water is attracted to blood from the ecf. Less water leads to less plasma, and this leads to less blood.

That is why there's less blood volume, and why there's the appearance of high serum creatinine.

One funny thing is that when our serum albumin values are given to us, we usually see that it is normal, or within range, but is it? How can it be when our blood volume is low? The low blood volume makes the serum albumin appear higher, since serum albumin is not an absolute value of serum stores in blood, but merely a concentration of albumin in blood.

One metric I use to give me an idea of blood volume is the rbc in a CBC test. If it's high, it gives me an idea that my blood volume is low.

yerrag

You are probably right. That's just the prevailing thought.
And I hope I am. And hope it can be proven convincingly as well. Medical myths can lead people down a rabbit hole, if not outright slowly kill them.

yerrag

that is great

All these share one thing in common - proanthocyanidins.

Pycnogenol is a trademarked name and is more expensive.

Astralagus root is more affordable. It can be bought as a TCM herb, in extracted form Huang Qin (Scutellaria Root, Radix Scutellariae Baicalensis, 黄芩)

Grapefruit extract is mentioned here as rich in PC:

https://watermark.silverchair.com/z...sF_1zFPPpsmAQncMum5kpFnT1ty-Ooqr7dkUgrv3ikqjw#page=3

See page 3 table

@Amazoniac It didn't work.

JohnHafterson

1. Thiamine B1

B1 Improved Creatinine:

Metabolic Benefits of Six-month Thiamine Supplementation in Patients With and Without Diabetes Mellitus Type 2

B1 Improved microalbuminuria another marker for kidney damage:

High-dose thiamine therapy for patients with type 2 diabetes and microalbuminuria: a randomised, double-blind placebo-controlled pilot study. - PubMed - NCBI

2. Tocopherol

Tocopherol improved creatinine clearance:

High-dose vitamin E supplementation normalizes retinal blood flow and creatinine clearance in patients with type 1 diabetes. - PubMed - NCBI

I use Thiamine and Taurine as part of a general insurance policy against Diabetes complications.

Thiamine, Taurine, Tocopherol all help macro and microvascular aspects body wide. Kidneys are very vascular.

Does she have metabolic issues or is she elderly?

Vinny

peateats1

Peat has said phosphate and pufa are damaging to the kidneys.
So trying to get her to up her calcium, lower phosphate intake, and go low pufa(no oils) might help.
Also, my egfr was 89 but when I supplemented thyroid it went up to 111. So thyroid should help.

yerrag

This is one case involving the kidneys where the patient had been on antihypertensives (lisinopril and valsartan), a statin (atorvastatin), and diuretics for quite some time and she wasn't seeing any improvement in her serum albumin, and not seeing improvement in proteinuria. This was until she started seeing a TCM doctor, and she began to see dramatic improvements in her kidney markers.

sci-hub.tw/10.1053/j.ajkd.2007.07.032

I have hypertension and I realize how frustrating it is to get my blood pressure to come down. And I'm glad I didn't take any maintenance drugs, even though that meant my blood pressure kept increasing from 2002 to now. When I started to take systemic enzymes a year ago, the blood pressure even went further up from 180/120 to 200/130. Turns out that a lot of dormant periodontal bacteria was being released as the enzymes was lysing my arterial plaques, and the result was there were more immune complexes (from antigens-bacteria- forming complexes with antibodies) that were kinda plugging up my kidneys, and these were causing inflammatory responses. This experience led me to believe that I had to focus my research on the kidneys.

I'll be looking into using astralagus either as a single herb, or as part of a TCM formula, to fix the underlying pathology in my kidneys. The phytophenols in the herbs are what's important, and this is the overlooked aspect in my healing.

Check out the study and see how dramatic the improvement was on the 77-year old woman's kidneys.

yerrag

@yerrag what were you findings on astralagus?
It didn't improve my creatinine levels.

I think that when it worked, it was for rhabdomyolysis, oftentimes happening to weightlifters who put undue stress on their muscles that cause the muscle to break down and release myoglobin which in large amounts destroys the kidneys.

So it didn't work for me as my kidney condition could be related to either immune complexes or to bacteria. But its not definitive.

P

Peatness

It didn't improve my creatinine levels.

I think that when it worked, it was for rhabdomyolysis, oftentimes happening to weightlifters who put undue stress on their muscles that cause the muscle to break down and release myoglobin which in large amounts destroys the kidneys.

So it didn't work for me as my kidney condition could be related to either immune complexes or to bacteria. But its not definitive.
Thank you

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals