How To Protect Yourself Against The Damages Of EMF/wifi With Foods And Supplements

Dr. B

does magnesium need to be supplemented or are food sources of magnesium and taurine fine? also isnt it undesirable to lower calcium via these supplements, and is this why things like taurine have a seemingly pro prolactin effect or cause fatigue in some. are they lowering the calcium in people who may have borderline or high prolactin levels whom actually need the higher calcium levels to lower parathyroid, prolactin?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
does magnesium need to be supplemented or are food sources of magnesium and taurine fine? also isnt it undesirable to lower calcium via these supplements, and is this why things like taurine have a seemingly pro prolactin effect or cause fatigue in some. are they lowering the calcium in people who may have borderline or high prolactin levels whom actually need the higher calcium levels to lower parathyroid, prolactin?
Your metabolism (and thyroid) is on point, then you don't need to supplement additional magnesium if your magnesium intake through your diet is sufficient. Because thyroid hormones help to retain magnesium inside the cell, which prevents an excess of intracellular calcium.

Magnesium supplementation doesn't lower magnesium, but only helps to prevent excess intracellular calcium accumulation. There are human studies showing that taurine doesn't increase prolactin. Taurine also doesn't increase TRH or PTH. But someone that is chronically stressed and have insufficient thyroid hormones, then they will most likely benefit from some magnesium supplementation.

Dr. B

Your metabolism (and thyroid) is on point, then you don't need to supplement additional magnesium if your magnesium intake through your diet is sufficient. Because thyroid hormones help to retain magnesium inside the cell, which prevents an excess of intracellular calcium.

Magnesium supplementation doesn't lower magnesium, but only helps to prevent excess intracellular calcium accumulation. There are human studies showing that taurine doesn't increase prolactin. Taurine also doesn't increase TRH or PTH. But someone that is chronically stressed and have insufficient thyroid hormones, then they will most likely benefit from some magnesium supplementation.

doesnt any calcium antagonist have the unintended effects of raising pth and proalctin. there are many who reported hair loss from taurine or vitamin k2 supplements, i was thinking how this could be due to their effects on calcium, prolactin, and pth? i dont think there are any foods which function like a standalone taurine or k2 supplement, the food sources always have calcium or other balancing vitamins/minerals.
magnesium is essential but i also wonder if theres unintended side effects to using it as a supplement. like the same way if youre low thyroid, everything has a different effect. dhea/pregnenolone will aromatize or go to cortisol easier,

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
doesnt any calcium antagonist have the unintended effects of raising pth and proalctin. there are many who reported hair loss from taurine or vitamin k2 supplements, i was thinking how this could be due to their effects on calcium, prolactin, and pth? i dont think there are any foods which function like a standalone taurine or k2 supplement, the food sources always have calcium or other balancing vitamins/minerals.
magnesium is essential but i also wonder if theres unintended side effects to using it as a supplement. like the same way if youre low thyroid, everything has a different effect. dhea/pregnenolone will aromatize or go to cortisol easier,
I have 2 questions for you:
1) How do they antagonize calcium?
2) Why do PTH and prolactin go up in general?

Dr. B

I have 2 questions for you:
1) How do they antagonize calcium?
2) Why do PTH and prolactin go up in general?
i cannot say how, i didnt know taurine was an antagonist until reading your article but it makes sense how it could trigger hair loss or raise prolactin.
I heard magnesium, while needed for proper functioning of calcium, it can still lower calcium levels especially if you supplement it. from my understanding the electrolytes are needed in certain 'ideal' ratios like 2:1 calcium:phosphate. if you throw the ratio off, usually only occurs via supplements, it could mess with things.

pth and prolactin, from stress and disease, however we know that calcium intake and vitamin d3, lowers prolactin and pth. if blood calcium falls too low, due to stress or whatever other reason, pth could be increased to increase calcium levels. from what i understand vitamin k2, especially if supplemented, could potentially drop calcium levels too low, which could then trigger PTH release? and PTH and prolactin seem correlated so they should boost each other? and since calcium lowers prolactin and pth wouldnt anything that antagonizes calcium, potentially boost prolactin/pth.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
i cannot say how, i didnt know taurine was an antagonist until reading your article but it makes sense how it could trigger hair loss or raise prolactin.
How can it cause hair loss by antagonizing calcium? Doesn't excess calcium cause calcification and hair loss? (rhetorical question)
The destination we have to make here is that calcium can exist intra and extracellularly. Calcium is mainly an extracellular mineral and magnesium an intracellular mineral. When calcium enters a cell, it causes excitation and does a bunch of stuff. Too much calcium causes cell death. Taurine and magnesium can help to prevent the excess accumulation of intracellular calcium. This is a good thing.
I heard magnesium, while needed for proper functioning of calcium, it can still lower calcium levels especially if you supplement it.
Can you specify how it lowers calcium?
Based on my explanation above, magnesium helps to keep excess calcium out of the cell, thus balancing the ratios. However, magnesium is lost in a hypothyroid state and calcium accumulates inside the cell.
from my understanding the electrolytes are needed in certain 'ideal' ratios like 2:1 calcium:phosphate. if you throw the ratio off, usually only occurs via supplements, it could mess with things.
Adding magnesium or potassium or salt won't throw off your calcium to phosphate ratio. It's like by adding fat to your fat, you suddenly change the protein to carb ratio.
from what i understand vitamin k2, especially if supplemented, could potentially drop calcium levels too low, which could then trigger PTH release? and PTH and prolactin seem correlated so they should boost each other? and since calcium lowers prolactin and pth wouldnt anything that antagonizes calcium, potentially boost prolactin/pth.
I haven't heard of anyone getting hypocalcemia from taurine, magnesium or vitamin K2. Hypocalcemia would increase PTH, yet vitamin K2 can actually help to lower PTH.
"Vitamin K2 administration in rats fed a low calcium diet stimulated renal calcium reabsorption, retarded the abnormal elevation of serum PTH level, increased cancellous bone mass, and retarded cortical bone loss, while vitamin K2 administration in rats fed a normal calcium diet stimulated intestinal calcium absorption by increasing serum 1,25(OH)2D level, and increased cortical bone mass."

So all in all, these compounds help with proper calcium metabolism (preventing it from accumulating in the wrong places and shuttling it to the right places), rather than antagonizing it. An antagonist is something that blocks a receptor.

Peroxphos

There is something different (magical) about kale/spinach/chard broths compared to regular magnesium supplementation. Just one cup of this broth knocks me out and I feel I have to take a nap or else I can't focus on anything. Potent stuff.

There is definitely something potent and magical in those. I have experimented with very high doses of green broths and/or juices and they had some potent effects on some of my issues (not specific to EMF). I have not been able to reproduce the effects with other food or supplements.

I suspect it's the macro minerals, their quantities or ratios.

The high bio-absorbable calcium? The high calcium:phosphorus ratio? I'm not sure as I haven't been able to reproduce the effects even with high-dose calcium acetate for example.

The high bio-absorbable calcium and magnesium? The high magnesium:calcium ratio? Not sure either, I haven't been able to reproduce the effects with big magnesium dose with or without a calcium side dose.

Anyway, thanks for the article Hans!

Dr. B

How can it cause hair loss by antagonizing calcium? Doesn't excess calcium cause calcification and hair loss? (rhetorical question)
The destination we have to make here is that calcium can exist intra and extracellularly. Calcium is mainly an extracellular mineral and magnesium an intracellular mineral. When calcium enters a cell, it causes excitation and does a bunch of stuff. Too much calcium causes cell death. Taurine and magnesium can help to prevent the excess accumulation of intracellular calcium. This is a good thing.

Can you specify how it lowers calcium?
Based on my explanation above, magnesium helps to keep excess calcium out of the cell, thus balancing the ratios. However, magnesium is lost in a hypothyroid state and calcium accumulates inside the cell.

Adding magnesium or potassium or salt won't throw off your calcium to phosphate ratio. It's like by adding fat to your fat, you suddenly change the protein to carb ratio.

I haven't heard of anyone getting hypocalcemia from taurine, magnesium or vitamin K2. Hypocalcemia would increase PTH, yet vitamin K2 can actually help to lower PTH.
"Vitamin K2 administration in rats fed a low calcium diet stimulated renal calcium reabsorption, retarded the abnormal elevation of serum PTH level, increased cancellous bone mass, and retarded cortical bone loss, while vitamin K2 administration in rats fed a normal calcium diet stimulated intestinal calcium absorption by increasing serum 1,25(OH)2D level, and increased cortical bone mass."

So all in all, these compounds help with proper calcium metabolism (preventing it from accumulating in the wrong places and shuttling it to the right places), rather than antagonizing it. An antagonist is something that blocks a receptor.

I heard Peat say excess blood calcium and high pth is actually caused by low dietary levels of calcium. apparently a high calcium diet, actually lowers calcification and pth levels. i cant say if supplemental calcium improves those markers or not.

i see, i understand regarding intra vs extra cellular. however one other thing with hypothyroidism, arent these impacts on nutrients occurring for a reason. like the only thing that should be done is directly improving the thyroid function, otherwise supplementing isolated nutrients can have unintended side effects? also i heard sodium/salt can help to retain magnesium? I dont think its comparable to add something like pink salt or sea salt, compared to an isolated magnesium, potassium or other supplement.

the magnesium from what ive seen does have a counteracting effect to calcium. since it can lower calcium levels it could indirectly throw off the calcium phosphate levels. i wouldnt compare it to carbs, fats, protein i would say the electrolytes are more like amino acids or minerals where some of them can have impacts and affect each other. i think even sodium can affect the other electrolytes and possibly boost some of the others like calcium/magnesium. even minerals for instance, zinc, copper and iron, manganese. you may have a zinc:iron ratio which can get thrown off by manganese since manganese can deplete iron.

doesnt PTH increase if blood calcium levels fall too low? which then causes the body to draw calcium out of the bones? vitamin K2, especially in the large supplemental dosages, wouldnt it cause a potential rise in pth since it forces all the calcium back into the bones, which may temporarily mean low PTH, but then since blood calcium will be too low the body will raise pth again?
doesnt hypercalcemia indicate high pth as well? and getting vitamin k2, taurine, magnesium, from a food would lower pth and fix the hypercalcemia, but if taken from a high dose supplement, could lower the calcium too much resulting in pth going high again?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
There is definitely something potent and magical in those. I have experimented with very high doses of green broths and/or juices and they had some potent effects on some of my issues (not specific to EMF). I have not been able to reproduce the effects with other food or supplements.

I suspect it's the macro minerals, their quantities or ratios.

The high bio-absorbable calcium? The high calcium:phosphorus ratio? I'm not sure as I haven't been able to reproduce the effects even with high-dose calcium acetate for example.

The high bio-absorbable calcium and magnesium? The high magnesium:calcium ratio? Not sure either, I haven't been able to reproduce the effects with big magnesium dose with or without a calcium side dose.

Anyway, thanks for the article Hans!
Thanks for sharing! The only downside to making the greens both in the effort, plus it doesn't taste all that good lol. Perhaps if you mix it with a meat broth then it would be much better.

Mito

“This article is to inform you on how you can prevent the negatives of EMFs with certain foods and supplements. I’ll do a seperate article on how to protect yourself against EMF with devices, shieldings, etc.”

Did you ever get a chance to write another article on ways to protect against EMF with devices? @Hans

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals