How to protect yourself against exercise-induced endotoxin absorption

Hans

Forum Supporter
Endotoxin can significantly negatively affect your health, from chronic low-grade inflammation, joint degeneration, organ inflammation and dysfunction, brain degeneration, insulin resistance, etc.
Most people know that gut dysbiosis can increase endotoxin production and absorption into the body, but few know that exercise can do it as well.

Prevention is better than cure, so by preventing endotoxin absorption and endotoxin-induced damage, we can enhance our health span significantly. Exercise can give up lots of benefits, so let's make sure we minimize any side effects that can come along with it.

Dave Clark

Hans, regarding inosine, I wanted to get your opinion as to if you thought taking it before bed would relax or energize the body. Some use it to bring down adrenaline, which could help stress response in the middle of the night, on the other hand, if it energizes, it could make for a restless sleep. I use it during the day, but would like to try it before bed, unless advised otherwise. Appreciate your feedback.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hans, regarding inosine, I wanted to get your opinion as to if you thought taking it before bed would relax or energize the body. Some use it to bring down adrenaline, which could help stress response in the middle of the night, on the other hand, if it energizes, it could make for a restless sleep. I use it during the day, but would like to try it before bed, unless advised otherwise. Appreciate your feedback.
I take mine in the morning and evening without any side effects. It's not a stimulant so shouldn't keep you up. It basically increases ATP and NAD and reduced ROS and inflammation. To run or sleep both requires optimal ATP levels, so inosine should help with both.

Thank You, Hans! Question: when I take glycine during the day, pre-workout included, I felt that my verbal fluency improves a lot and I feel very relaxed and less sore, but before bed it gives me insomnia in 4-5g doses. What could be?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thank You, Hans! Question: when I take glycine during the day, pre-workout included, I felt that my verbal fluency improves a lot and I feel very relaxed and less sore, but before bed it gives me insomnia in 4-5g doses. What could be?
Thanks for reading!
Glycine is a co-agonist to the NMDA receptor, and too much NMDA signalling is excitatory. So perhaps magnesium threonate/malate before bed should help.

Sefton10

Thanks for reading!
Glycine is a co-agonist to the NMDA receptor, and too much NMDA signalling is excitatory. So perhaps magnesium threonate/malate before bed should help.
Any thoughts on theanine, Hans? I've heard elsewhere it's a good combo with glycine before bed for sleep.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Any thoughts on theanine, Hans? I've heard elsewhere it's a good combo with glycine before bed for sleep.
Oh yeah for sure. I'm a fan of theanine. It can be used anytime during the day as well to keep overall brain serotonin low.

Mufasa

Would taking, say 15g gelatin, be similar as 5g glycine, or do you prefer the isolated form for some reason?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Would taking, say 15g gelatin, be similar as 5g glycine, or do you prefer the isolated form for some reason?
Yes definitely. I prefer gelatin over pure glycine as it contains other anabolic peptides such as hydroxyprolyl-glycine.

J.R.K

I take mine in the morning and evening without any side effects. It's not a stimulant so shouldn't keep you up. It basically increases ATP and NAD and reduced ROS and inflammation. To run or sleep both requires optimal ATP levels, so inosine should help with both.
Where do you source inosine from @Hans ? I can only seem to find inositol, I don’t think they are the same. Also do you have a source for a pure DHEA powder?

dfspcc20

Where do you source inosine from @Hans ? I can only seem to find inositol, I don’t think they are the same. Also do you have a source for a pure DHEA powder?

FWIW- I've ordered this one a couple times. I'm in the US.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I got ours from Alibaba, very good quality for low prices. But I always link this brand in my articles (same one @dfspcc20 posted).

J.R.K

I got ours from Alibaba, very good quality for low prices. But I always link this brand in my articles (same one @dfspcc20 posted).
Excellent thanks Hans, my troubles with DHEA is that I live in Canada and it is a prohibited substance. Ironically though I can get a mRNA vaccine with no safety data to back it up for free.
My question to you is looking at your dietary program, would it be able to stimulate endogenous production of these anabolic steroid hormones so supplements would not be necessary?
Does your program encompass a lot of Dr Peats dietary recommendations?

J.R.K

FWIW- I've ordered this one a couple times. I'm in the US.
Thanks for responding @dfspcc20 i am in Canada so the DHEA is a problem to acquire for me. I have always been a law abiding citizen however this issue is frustrating so smuggling as a potential solution has crossed my mind more than once. Problem with that is all borders are closed currently and there is still talk of this whole vaccine passport thing becoming a reality. Which ironically I can get one of those for free.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Excellent thanks Hans, my troubles with DHEA is that I live in Canada and it is a prohibited substance. Ironically though I can get a mRNA vaccine with no safety data to back it up for free.
My question to you is looking at your dietary program, would it be able to stimulate endogenous production of these anabolic steroid hormones so supplements would not be necessary?
Does your program encompass a lot of Dr Peats dietary recommendations?
Sorry I forgot to address your DHEA question. I don't know where you can get a pure DHEA powder. How old are you? I'd say that if you're below 40-50, then you don't need DHEA, unless you've been highly stressed for a long time. Then CortiNon would be a good supplement to try out.
Diet can dramatically improve your hormonal status. Diet helps to enhance energy production (including steroidogenesis) and buffer stress, so with the right diet and lifestyle modifications, you can get high DHEA, testosterone and DHT levels without supplements.
My dietary recommendations are a lot in line with Peat's recommendations yes, because that's one of the best ways to optimize energy, stabilize blood sugar, increase androgens support mood, reduce gut irritation and inflammation and much more.

J.R.K

Sorry I forgot to address your DHEA question. I don't know where you can get a pure DHEA powder. How old are you? I'd say that if you're below 40-50, then you don't need DHEA, unless you've been highly stressed for a long time. Then CortiNon would be a good supplement to try out.
Diet can dramatically improve your hormonal status. Diet helps to enhance energy production (including steroidogenesis) and buffer stress, so with the right diet and lifestyle modifications, you can get high DHEA, testosterone and DHT levels without supplements.
My dietary recommendations are a lot in line with Peat's recommendations yes, because that's one of the best ways to optimize energy, stabilize blood sugar, increase androgens support mood, reduce gut irritation and inflammation and much more.
Thank you @Hans, I have been implementing many Peat style dietary suggestions for about five years now and I have noticed many improvements but I am going to be fifty two this year so concerns over my androgens vs stress hormones are in my mind. The thing that I would like to maintain is the youthful energy and the levels of health leading to longevity, Co Q10 and/or MitoQ are things that are supposed to decline at my age and I see health issues starting in my circle of friends and family. I see the metabolic syndrome, the weight gains, the pre diabetes and diabetes diagnosis’ the sore joints, aches and pains, the inability to sleep through the night, multiple sclerosis and even cancer. Yet at this point I remain relatively unscathed, with good sleep, and energy levels on both a mental and physical level.
So what I am looking for really is a guide to my dietary choices, I already avoid PUFA , use, collagen, eat liver weekly use tocovit, and aspirin, use eggshell calcium, cheese and dairy for protein and have developed a love for oysters, shrimp and scallops. I have no problem eating organs other than my families criticism of it. I like bone broth which I make myself but portion sizes I leave to the discretion of my appetite and what I crave. I also like beef and lamb but am avoiding chicken and pork due to PUFA concerns and they are fed soy, however I do use three egg yolks a day hence the aspirin or Tocovit. I use thyroid and red light in the winter and vitamin D3 when the days are short and the temp is -30’C with the wind chill factor.
I hope this isn’t to long winded and I appreciate your time.