How to prevent night terrors in young children?

InChristAlone

It was called Advanced TRS.
Oh wow, I got the TRS a few months ago but haven't been good about giving it everyday. I will try to do better with it as we did see some benefits.

miquelangeles

It is almost always a glycogen issue.
In older studies raw cornstarch was found effective at stabilizing blood sugar during the night.
Nowadays there are products containing resistant starch aimed at preventing hypoglycemia such as ExtendBar.
But I would first try with properly cooked dinner containing fat & carbohydrate.
Even better if the starches are cooked with the fat from the beginning.
For example, add the butter while boiling potatoes cut in small pieces (in just enough water so as not to discard it), and not at the end. Same with rice.
Cooking starches with fat causes amylose-lipid complexes which are classified as different types of resistant starch.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Thank you all so much for the responses! I really appreciate it!!

Will get back with individual comments/questions a little later.

lampofred

I think low blood sugar & endotoxin cause bad dreams. Maybe look into increasing ice cream, fruits/honey/syrup/table sugar, mushrooms, either carrot salad or bamboo shoots for disinfecting the intestine, increasing protein (milk and cheese) so that the liver is stronger and better able to store glycogen, sunlight/red light exposure, and avoiding excess iron (too much meat or eggs).

onesunnydaize

Oh wow, I got the TRS a few months ago but haven't been good about giving it everyday. I will try to do better with it as we did see some benefits.
We weren't at first, but once it worked it's magic for a bit everything was better. I think it is a very important tool for sure~