How To Peatarian Wash The Hair?

Jellyfish

Years ago I tried to wash my hair with baking soda and apple cider vinegar. I thought that it made my hair more greasy so I stopped. I guess I didnt do it properly, maybe I will try it again in the future.

norxgirl

Don't know yet if it is Peat approved, but I have been using one of Dr. Bronnner's soaps to wash my hair. I do make my own hair rinse using rosemary herbs, apple cider vinegar and peppermint essential oil, which I mostly rinse out. I was surprised that it detangles my horse hair. So far, so good, until I come across what Peat has had to say about hair.

Birdie

I can't remember what or if I've heard his advice on this one.

I use Dr Bronner's on my body. For hair I use Keys MetaClean. It has a lot of seed oils but since it's on the skin, the absorption would be about 10% if that. It does have blood orange. haha. I got this shampoo about a year ago when I was having a scalp problem.

For a rinse, I use white vinegar in water. Then, I use something bad that I scrunch in avoiding the scalp.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Google the "no shampoo or soap experiment". There is a lot of people claiming success with that.

kettlebell

Thanks Charlie, Im starting that immediately.

I make my own deodorant. It would be edible if it wasn't for the essential oils I use to add a slightly stronger smell. Keeps me smell free better than commercially purchased deodorants ever did.

1/4 cup arrowroot
1/4 cup baking soda (Bicarbonate of soda)
6-8 tablespoons Coconut oil
10-20 drops essential oils of choice (Optional) - I use 2 drops tea tree, 5 drops patchouli and 10-12 drops lavendar: That combo is for men and smells great. Women can use it scent free as it just smells of coconut or put any nice combo of oils in it.

Some may react to oils so may want to leave it out. I know that using oils may not be peat friendly BUT its such a small quantity engulfed in coconut oil I don't believe it will pose a problem to anyone unless they are hyper sensitive.

Mash it all together until smooth and put it in a pot. Apply by hand, you don't need much.
At first I reacted slightly to the baking soda and stopped using for a couple of days (Used raw coconut oil) then went back to it and am fine now, no adverse reaction at all.

"Coconut oil deodorant recipes" like this are all over the web.

I moisturise with coconut oil each evening (And put some on scalp too). Will be adding vitamin E to that when it arrives in the post.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
No problem. Between me and you :shock: , I been doing that for over a year. Hair healthier then anyone around me, I dont stink. Skin healthy. When I wash my hair I use the tips of my fingernails on the scalp and scrub it real good and just rinse it with water. There was about a months time where the hair was real oily because its use to pumping out a lot of oil because everyone washes it out with shampoo. But eventually adjusted and things are great. I do use a little bit of soap on my arm pits, and buttocks region. Other then that, just water. For deodorant, I just put a little baking soda powder on and that does the job.

Imagine how many less chemicals are going into my body now? I think someone said it was at least 200 less different kinds of chemicals.

kettlebell

:tinfoilhat :tinfoilhat :tinfoilhat I take my gas mask to the supermarket these days and wear it while I am on the cosmetics aisle and washing powders aisle

chris

Not put anything other than water on my hair for ~1.5 years. Never going back.

kiran

I only use shampoo when I dye my hair. I'm prematurely going gray, that's one thing peating hasn't fixed.

kettlebell

kiran said:
I only use shampoo when I dye my hair. I'm prematurely going gray, that's one thing peating hasn't fixed.

Copper peptides cause hair to go back to its normal colour apparently.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Re: "...Doing it Every Day(soap) is an "Endocrine Disrupter.

Baking soda works really good for shampoo, then vinegar for conditioner.

asajulian

I tried not using shampoo for a few days and couldn't continue it. Major greasiness...

What does everyone think about Dr Bronners shampoos? They seem like a clean alternative.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Greasiness because your head is use to getting its natural oils stripped off constantly, so it is pushing out oil as fast as it can to replace it. It takes some time to down regulate the process. Took me about a month and a half. A lot of people report about a months time.

asajulian

Ugh, I have too many engagements to wait that long unfortunately.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Just tell them you use mousse now! :cool: :lol:

asajulian

Charlie said:
Just tell them you use mousse now! :cool: :lol:

:lol: I could try it again since this red light has made bigtime improvements in hair quality.

Jenn

I use baking soda and vinegar. I definitely had to adjust the proportion of each as I detoxed and removed the film from my hair.

Attachments

• menhan.jpg
    menhan.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 234

jyb

After taking advice from this forum, I decided not to wash my hair. At all. No shampoo ever.

It works and my hair looks really good, better than it has ever been. I believe I won't ever need shampoo again.

What one has to realize is that it can take weeks for the scalp to stop overproducing oil due to chronic shampoo use. You should build towards it. I decided to have one last shampoo rinse, then loaded my hair with coconut oil. After a few days the hair didn't look greasy any more and the coconut oil seemed gone. Since it really moisturised my hair well, it never became too scratchy although one week into it it was a bit scratchy temporarily and so I rinsed it with water (no soap/shampoo), and it passed. That's the other thing to realize - grease on the hair eventually somehow vanishes, don't need to shampoo.

Despite never washing it (except hot water rinse very occasionally), my hair is not greasy at all. The scalp stopped producing the kind of scratchy oil it used to. It feels good and looks good.