How To Peatarian Wash The Hair?

A. squamosa

yeah I know, pretty $$ which is why I don't have one. But I do hear they're good, + last for ages. TBH I just use my fingers to comb my hair!

Luann

Wow, that is hardcore @A. squamosa !

Sigh, add blond coffee and strained aspirin to the list of things that don't really help oily hair.

About to try an oatmeal and brown sugar mix.

javin

Wow, that is hardcore @A. squamosa !

Sigh, add blond coffee and strained aspirin to the list of things that don't really help oily hair.

About to try an oatmeal and brown sugar mix.

As I mentioned earlier, definitely beat up an egg, apply all over your hair whilst dry, and then wash out in the shower with plain water. Super great for removing excess oils without being overly harsh or stripping. Shikakai powder mixed in a bit of water and applied as a watery shampoo works about the same as the egg.

Luann

@javin sounds like a good idea. the shikakai at least, egg sounds messy?
the oatmeal did NOT work, nor a sea salt / brown sugar scrub. who would have thought one simple cosmetic cleanser would take so much time to replace!

javin

@javin sounds like a good idea. the shikakai at least, egg sounds messy?
the oatmeal did NOT work, nor a sea salt / brown sugar scrub. who would have thought one simple cosmetic cleanser would take so much time to replace!

You would think egg would be messy but my experience has been the opposite. I have shoulder length hair. It's only a bit sticky/weird when applying it, but as soon as you run it under water it comes right out and somehow takes the excess oils with it.

Luann

Trying it now, javin. Thanks
We have no eggs, gonna use whole milk and sea salt and see what happens per online advice

Last edited:

Luann

Just did the egg wash!!!!!! Clean hair!!!
Awesome. If only it didnt smell like egg at the ends.

catan

I tried the egg wash. Amazing!! My hair felt clean and was shiny afterwards.

I wasn't too bothered by the egg smell. It went away after awhile. Next time I might put a couple drops of lavender essential oil to help that.

I read somewhere that one shouldn't do egg washes too often or else hair will become brittle due to too much protein. Thoughts?

HLP

Borax and baking soda dissolved works great for me. I imagine egg yolk would be a great conditioner. Might give it a try next time I wash my hair.

javin

I tried the egg wash. Amazing!! My hair felt clean and was shiny afterwards.

I wasn't too bothered by the egg smell. It went away after awhile. Next time I might put a couple drops of lavender essential oil to help that.

I read somewhere that one shouldn't do egg washes too often or else hair will become brittle due to too much protein. Thoughts?

Finally people are catching on! ;)

Yes, I have read the same thing about doing it too often. For that reason, I only do it once every two weeks.

Luann

The thing is egg shampoo only lasts for like a day, after which my hair looks stringy again. Any way to stretch it out?

nikolabeacon

@Liubo if shampoo or baking soda leaves your hair too dry you can try a mix made out of water, ground coffee and honey (or sugar )..just dilute it enough for easier and thorough application.. ... rinse ..than use(apply) just a little vinegar diluted in water or nettle tea with lemon juice and rinse again . It should leave a pleasant smell.

Maybe Its a bit harder to use alternative methods if you have long hair without some foam.

Or mabe u can try to leave a simple bar soap in water(in glass jar).. let it sit for a couple of days and just use that water for washing and refill with new water after usage. Finish as in previous method.

Or just forget about this and use somethimg that works. :D

I personally do not have overproduction of oils since I stopped using harsh chemicals on it 2-3 years ago and i will use just water when i need to wash it more frequently (or during summer) and once in a while one of these two methods.

Djukami

This doesn't make that much sense. If you want to tak natural, smelling is what living creatures are designed to do. If the skin has any antimicrobial protection, it is there to protect the skin, not to give you a pleasant or no odor. Nature smells, it is a sign of life (including the death decay, which is just a sign of another life).

So my guess would be that you just can't smell your own odor, which is also natural. Neither bears or homeless people are that much aware of their own scent as that serves very little purpose in the design of things.

Sorry but you can't have it both ways.
I think you've never experienced not smelling bad at all.
Come on, you say that @James IV can't smell his own odor, but of course he can. Even you can smell your own odor too. I know when I smell like ***t and when I don't. Just smell under your arm pit or scratch your scrotum and smell it.
I was like you and would say the same to James few years ago. However, when I was doing an almost fruitarian diet, I couldn't believe on what was going on. I always thought that I was a person that had bad odor naturally. But when I was doing the diet, I was so confused and really impressed at the same time. Armpit, scrotum, feet, everything was smelling just nice, having a simple scent only. It was that moment I realized people who say they don't need to take regularly showers because they don't smell, may be right after all.

And from what I have read from James, he seem a very healthy person, so all the garbage just goes on the toilet and not through skin. I think I smell bad, because my liver, gut are not function that well so most of the garbage is released through my biggest organ.
For instance, when I was eating shitty food, my smell was really horrible. When I drink any kind of dairy products, I immediately smell like goat. When I eat garlic, I immediately smell like garlic. These are only some examples.

Last edited:

Djukami

Just did the egg wash!!!!!! Clean hair!!!
Awesome. If only it didnt smell like egg at the ends.
I know what you're saying. You've to wash it with cold water otherwise you will cook the egg.
@Liubo if shampoo or baking soda leaves your hair too dry you can try a mix made out of water, ground coffee and honey (or sugar )..just dilute it enough for easier and thorough application.. ... rinse ..than use(apply) just a little vinegar diluted in water or nettle tea with lemon juice and rinse again . It should leave a pleasant smell.

Maybe Its a bit harder to use alternative methods if you have long hair without some foam.

Or mabe u can try to leave a simple bar soap in water(in glass jar).. let it sit for a couple of days and just use that water for washing and refill with new water after usage. Finish as in previous method.

Or just forget about this and use somethimg that works. :D
I used baking soda only and when I am still in the shower it becomes really harsh and sticky. But after drying it, it becomes really smooth.
However, I have heard people that ruined their hair after using baking soda for a long period of time. I've only used it twice, but now I am kinda skeptical if I should use it regularly or not.

@LiuboI personally do not have overproduction of oils since I stopped using harsh chemicals on it 2-3 years ago and i will use just water when i need to wash it more frequently (or during summer) and once in a while one of these two methods.
Well, when I read people saying that they've stopped overproduce oils in their hair after removing shampoo, I really don't know if that is only the real reason... I mean, right now I don't produce that much oils in my hair. But believe me, if I add dairy to my diet, the oils, sebum is just over 9000.
I think just removing chemicals doesn't cover the whole picture of overproducing oils.

Last edited:

nikolabeacon

I used baking soda and when I am still in the shower it becomes really harsh and sticky. But after drying it, it becomes really smooth.
However, I have heard people that ruined their hair after using baking soda for a long period of time. I've only used it twice, but now I am kinda skeptical if I should use it regularly or not.

Well, when I read people that they stopped overproduce oils in their hair after removing shampoo, I really don't know if that is only the real reason... I mean, right now I don't produce that much oils in my hair. But believe me, if I add dairy to my diet, the oils, sebum is just over 9000.
I think just removing chemicals doesn't cover the whole picture of overproducing oils.
Yes baking soda can be very harsh. One of those two methods are good in my experience.

Of course that it is not enough...If dairy if causing your enormous increase in Sebum it is from the tryptophan in dairy that is shifting towards Serotonin and it stimylates prolactin and prolactin is casuing increase in Sebum , oil and possibly acne. Peat says it is from low thyroid and not enough b vitamins particularly B6 . Not sure if that is the only explanation or if it is correct.

Some people claim tht proteins in dairy are causing incresed need for Vit A but I am not sure if that is true. First explanation sounds more correct in my opinion.

Djukami

Yes baking soda can be very harsh. One of those two methods are good in my experience.

Of course that it is not enough...If dairy if causing your enormous increase in Sebum it is from the tryptophan in dairy that is shifting towards Serotonin and it stimylates prolactin and prolactin is casuing increase in Sebum , oil and possibly acne. Peat says it is from low thyroid and not enough b vitamins particularly B6 . Not sure if that is the only explanation or if it is correct.

Some people claim tht proteins in dairy are causing incresed need for Vit A but I am not sure if that is true. First explanation sounds more correct in my opinion.
Indeed, acne immediately appears also.
Rice and Oats also give me a lot of sebum and acne too...

I have low thyroid for sure...
It is something that a person has to test in himself. Perhaps both explanations are right.
I have never tried increasing my Vitamin A, but I am kind curious to be honest. Though I have seen people here who do not have any success even with big doses of it.

nikolabeacon

Indeed, acne immediately appears also.
Rice and Oats also give me a lot of sebum and acne too...

I have low thyroid for sure...
It is something that a person has to test in himself. Perhaps both explanations are right.
I have never tried increasing my Vitamin A, but I am kind curious to be honest. Though I have seen people here who do not have any success even with big doses of it.

Probably Everything that increases Serotonin will case that route of prolactin---≥ sebum, oil, acne

I would not go with only vit A supplementation ....it is very simplistic and very possibly wrong advice ....some members had success with it but just for ex for @EIRE24 it made it worse... ...vit D, E and K along with all B vitamins, Zinc are all essential for skin and for strong digestion that will prevent build up of endotoxin in the intestines...if not they will slow down your liver and you are than in the limbo

Djukami

Probably Everything that increases Serotonin will case that route of prolactin---≥ sebum, oil, acne

I would not go with only vit A supplementation ....it is very simplistic and very possibly wrong advice ....some members had success with it but just for ex for @EIRE24 it made it worse... ...vit D, E and K along with all B vitamins, Zinc are all essential for skin and for strong digestion that will prevent build up of endotoxin in the intestines...if not they will slow down your liver and you are than in the limbo
Yeah, I was thiking about her when I mentioned that some people didn't have good results with it.
I really want to try a supplement with A, D and K to see if it would affect my metabolism somehow since I've never tried it.
But then again, I am never really confident about supplement myself alone, because, if I am really honest to myself, the truth will be that I wouldn't really know what the hell I would be doing. I feel like I have to take a degree on nutrition first to at least understand the basics.

nikolabeacon

@Djukami I personally would always first try to experiment with different foods and combination of foods before looking into supplements. All nutrients act in synergy and bioavailabiloty and purity are always a concern with supplements. In speciffic situation isolated nutrients can be very usefull but it requires knowledge and proper diagnosis.

At the end I am surely not a someone who can give you advice regarding supplements. You can try but as you said better first to spend some time learning about basic biology while you experiment with foods.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals