How to peat?

Healthseeker

I don't how to eat peat. I dont see where people are getting this information is it not laid out somewhere?
For example if I eat a plate of beef liver, do I drink orange juice with it or milk?
Who here is the expert on this stuff?

ReSTART

You have to look in the mirror and say peat three times at 4am on a Friday, then he will appear with a plate of carrot salad and glass of orange juice

I would suggest reading a bunch of Ray Peat's articles and listen to his interviews and then formulate your own protocol based on what you think you need. Or if that is too overwhelming you can definitely read Kate Deering's book, How to heal your Metabolism, which is very straight forward. Also I appreciate Danny Roddy and his weblog. I listened to a great interview of his recently. It was a podcast: Liz Talks #26 on spotify or apple podcasts.

But here is my best advice. If you feel well or your health is good, don't mess with anything. I feel Peat protocols are for people with health issues. If you don't have major issues, thank your lucky stars and move along.

OP
Healthseeker

Healthseeker

I would suggest reading a bunch of Ray Peat's articles and listen to his interviews and then formulate your own protocol based on what you think you need. Or if that is too overwhelming you can definitely read Kate Deering's book, How to heal your Metabolism, which is very straight forward. Also I appreciate Danny Roddy and his weblog. I listened to a great interview of his recently. It was a podcast: Liz Talks #26 on spotify or apple podcasts.

But here is my best advice. If you feel well or your health is good, don't mess with anything. I feel Peat protocols are for people with health issues. If you don't have major issues, thank your lucky stars and move along.
It's going to take me several months to absorb all the information. I thought there was someone here smart that explain uncoupling, otherwise it will be a while before I comprehend it. If I didn't have health issues why would I care to be here. I understand very well that people with poor health have trouble understanding things to help themselves. I was hoping that some of the good posters that made it are still hanging around

Herbie

I don't how to eat peat. I dont see where people are getting this information is it not laid out somewhere?
For example if I eat a plate of beef liver, do I drink orange juice with it or milk?
Danny Roddy wrote a book called "The Peat Whisperer" that's how I learnt to "Peat" plus I listened to all the interviews which are on functionalps website, read all of Peats books which are on Archive.org and read all of his articles of his website.

DeadCatBounce

Read his articles 2-3 times, listen to his interviews, especially with Danny Roddy and Haidut and take what you think is valuable information. Maybe research their ideas a bit further on google to understand some of the terms.

If you are truly interested in health it should be at least a couple of months of 10/10 rated "healthertainment" as I call it - digging the Ray Peat rabbit hole and integrating new knowledge. Especially good if you have thrown out your TV and all you have is good internet connection.

If you have any sleep issues, listening to his interviews is a fantastic way to fall asleep quickly while grabbing some minor details little by little. Problematic if you have a SO that needs complete silence to fall asleep. Then you need to have an inclined sofa in the living room or the garage where you can do that.

Stuff like that.

@Healthseeker I think that your question is too broad. People are more than willing to help you on this forum but your question needs to be more specific. If you just want an overview Kate Deering or Danny Roddy's books are concise and straight forward. They are also inexpensive and available. You could read those in a few days and understand the basics of Peat's philosophy. But most the people on here have spent hundreds of hours on research and study so to come on here and tell people to summarize Peat in a few paragraphs is kind of unreasonable.

Peat was really a paradigm shift for me and I truly mean that. Paradigm shifts don't come easy and someone else can't give it to you.

What got you interested in Peat? And is there a specific health issue that you are dealing with right now?

mostlylurking

It's going to take me several months to absorb all the information. I thought there was someone here smart that explain uncoupling, otherwise it will be a while before I comprehend it. If I didn't have health issues why would I care to be here. I understand very well that people with poor health have trouble understanding things to help themselves. I was hoping that some of the good posters that made it are still hanging around
This is sort of like saying, "I've got a minute, tell me all you know."

Reading Ray Peat articles makes your brain grow. Seriously. Read Ray Peat. Don't just rely on the Cliff Notes. Start here: PeatSearch: a Ray Peat-specific search engine - Toxinless Use the cell on the left which excludes the forum and pick a topic. Read Ray Peat himself. Don't rely on somebody else's interpretation of Ray Peat.

Start with this one: Vegetables, etc.Who Defines Food?
I found this by using the search engine above and searching for "food". It is important to understand the "why" of things so that you will have the internal desire to follow Peat's advice.

It's taken me 7 years so far to absorb Peat's information. I still don't understand "uncoupling"; I'm not done studying Peat's work yet.

Recommended: Pick an article. Copy/paste it into a word document with two columns and some space in the margins to write notes. Print it out and read it. Mark it up. Underline, highlight, write notes in the margins. Then read it again. And again. And again. You will learn new things and have new questions each time you slog through it.

Printing it out in two columns helped me a lot because when I started down this journey my eyes could not track across a page correctly and my short term memory didn't work properly. I'm a lot better now.

Last edited:
OP
Healthseeker

Healthseeker

@Healthseeker I think that your question is too broad. People are more than willing to help you on this forum but your question needs to be more specific. If you just want an overview Kate Deering or Danny Roddy's books are concise and straight forward. They are also inexpensive and available. You could read those in a few days and understand the basics of Peat's philosophy. But most the people on here have spent hundreds of hours on research and study so to come on here and tell people to summarize Peat in a few paragraphs is kind of unreasonable.

Peat was really a paradigm shift for me and I truly mean that. Paradigm shifts don't come easy and someone else can't give it to you.

What got you interested in Peat? And is there a specific health issue that you are dealing with right now?
I just asked if I should drink milk or juice? My health issue is lung cancer.

I just asked if I should drink milk or juice? My health issue is lung cancer.
Well, it seemed like you were asking, "how to Peat?" which is obviously much broader. Ray Peat is very compassionate and will answer emails if he feels he can help. Have you tried emailing him? I have done it and he responded. Or you could try to consult with Danny Roddy, Josh and Jeannie Rubin or Kate Deering or Emma Sgourkis. They are the kind of big names in this community, who have been doing it awhile. I am sure there are others on here who have expertise in Peat's philosophy but if you have cancer I wouldn't trust just anyone on the forum. And the recommendations for you would be different than other people with different problems.

OP
Healthseeker

Healthseeker

I read that. He's right about the cancer field theory and the thing about the glass tube in the rat where they kept draining the fluids. Just like how you would squeeze a pimple two times and it heals. But that's common sense. It's nothing new.

OP
Healthseeker

Healthseeker

But this thread about high level peating stuff, the articles are kinda just like rants about how he's smarter than everybody else which I can appreciate

FrostedShores

Danny Roddy wrote a book called "The Peat Whisperer" that's how I learnt to "Peat" plus I listened to all the interviews which are on functionalps website, read all of Peats books which are on Archive.org and read all of his articles of his website.
I second this. I was very confused about how to "Peat," then I read Danny Roddy's book. He provides meal plans, goes over supplements, and provides a basic summary of the science/theory behind this way of eating. Reading Ray Peat's articles/e-mails and listening to the various podcasts are great ways of expanding your understanding, but for just the basics, I'd recommend Roddy's book.

Herbie

But this thread about high level peating stuff, the articles are kinda just like rants about how he's smarter than everybody else which I can appreciate
If you read between the lines of the articles, he said his entire works are in the articles. Every food, drug, vitamin and supplement he recommendeds or likes are in his articles but its not direct.

The vitamin c in OJ can react with the Iron in liver and cause suboptimal Iron absorbtion.

For lung cancer look into vitamin e.

Maybe read Haidut's posts on this forum.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals