How To Overcome Lactose/milk Intolerance?

sunraiser

I became intolerant to milk after being dairy free for a year.

I realised it was just inflammation via poor insulin response and low stomach acid - it's a hazard of poor metabolic health.

I took a few weeks to adapt to milk again and I only have milk with food - I prefer jersey cow milk. It's a mix of A1 and A2 proteins. The process of chewing prompts stomach acid production and also a proper insulin response so I would say having milk without a meal is a bad idea at the moment.

I have seen so many people on sites like curezone forever stuck in a loop of trying to "kill" stuff in their bodies when metabolic health and mineral status are the things that allow parasites or anything to survive and thrive. That's just my view though.

Also, running/walking solves all digestive issues for me when I have the energy for it. I would definitely recommend trying that before any risky protocols.

Eating enough selenium via pork sausage and also saturated fat via cream and minced lamb/beef to craving have also helped digestion in the past.

Lastly, throwing away arbitrary caloric intake and only eating when hungry alongside not forcing myself to finish meals when sated.

RisingSun

I have seen so many people on sites like curezone forever stuck in a loop of trying to "kill" stuff in their bodies when metabolic health and mineral status are the things that allow parasites or anything to survive and thrive. That's just my view though.

Yes, and it’s a vicious circle.

When parasites have colonized your gut, nutrient absorption is very poor and you loose weight.

So you can eat and drink all you want to correct your deficiencies, parasites are getting fed first.

I’m almost certain that once I kill the parasites, I will absorb the calcium even from kale and it will make the need for dairy superficial.

intangiblz

About a year ago, I could not handle lactose/milk at all-it was very bad. The Ray Peat writings really inspired me and I gave it a second chance. I'm glad I did. I drink milk about 3 times a week under very specific situations. To anyone who wants to start drinking again, I'd recommend following this protocol at first. You'll build up a tolerance.

For dinner at night, include a well cooked potato. I use a pressure cooker (instapot) but baking or boiling the potato works-Just make sure the potato is not undercooked. The next morning, drink about 16 ounces of milk on an empty stomach and try not to eat anything for the next 2 hours. At first, don't drink milk for the rest of the day. Start off by only drinking milk on an empty stomach in the morning (after eating a potato filled dinner).

For what it's worth, I can personally comfortably drink milk at anytime. However, I usually only drink milk on an empty stomach in the morning. I like the fact that it keeps me full, is cheap, and requires no preparation.

While following this advice, if you try eating something besides potatoes, your first bowel movement after the milk will most likely be loose and not well formed. Also, bowel movements or gas right after the milk will be very quick. The potato will make your next stool well formed and slow digestion. The fiber will absorb the bile very well.

If you're like me, at first, when starting this protocol, after drinking the milk, the next meal you eat, you'll have a bowel movement quickly -within an hour. However, you won't have gas, bloating, etc. The bowel movement will make everything better. Try this out and see if it works for you.

Bodrum

I would try albendazole for treating all parasites. Usually there is more than one type of parasite in the body.
for example ascariasis:
With relatively heavy infections, impaired absorption of dietary proteins, lactose and vitamin A has been noted, and steatorrhea may occur. One review concluded that Ascaris-free or treated children showed better nutritional status in terms of growth, lactose tolerance, vitamins A and C, and albumin levels than Ascaris-infected children based upon almost 20 years of published cross-sectional and intervention studies from Africa, Asia and South America [15]. This review also found significant improvement in weight or height following therapy for ascariasis.

https://web.stanford.edu/group/parasites/ParaSites2005/Ascaris/JLora_ParaSite.htm
What kind of dosage you think is needed?
Thanks

I think my case could possibly be exclusive to me as i have never heard of a similar case of this happening, but i completely reversed my lactose intolerance that i exacerbated from drinking a lot of milk isolates like whey in "mass gainer"shakes was with raw milk kefir. It only took about 2 months as well, and the effects have persisted to this day.

golder

I think my case could possibly be exclusive to me as i have never heard of a similar case of this happening, but i completely reversed my lactose intolerance that i exacerbated from drinking a lot of milk isolates like whey in "mass gainer"shakes was with raw milk kefir. It only took about 2 months as well, and the effects have persisted to this day.
You drank some raw milk kefir and your life long lactose allergy went away?

You drank some raw milk kefir and your life long lactose allergy went away?
I know how farfetched it sounds, but it's true. Initially it wasn't too bad, just mostly occasional digestive discomfort if i drank too much whole milk or ate a bit too much ice cream in one sitting, but when i got heavy into weightlifting and started consuming whey a couple of times a day with milk and whatever else crap they put in those things, i really stuck my hand in the lions cage so to speak. It got to a point where even the tiniest bit of dairy would cause me horrendous stomach cramps, headaches and diarrhoea on an all too frequent basis. Anyways, i'd pretty much given up on the idea of ever consuming dairy again until i was naively(emphasis on naive) trying to "fix" my microbiome with broad spectrum probiotics(these made ***t worse), prebiotics(exacerbated the diarrhoea), probiotic foods, and raw dairy. I'd tried the raw milk and greek yoghurt and found i was surprisingly able to stomach them. The farmer i was buying the dairy stuff from at the time told me he started making raw kefir with the same milk, so i bought a bunch to try out. About 2months or so later i had reversed even my minor lactose intolerance i had before the mass gainer/commercial protein shake use. I've never bothered to look into the mechanism behind it and am kinda mostly just relieved it happened even though it wasn't my primary intent in consuming that stuff in the first place

Amazoniac

More on L. hamsteri:

- The effect of oral supplementation with Lactobacillus reuteri or tilactase in lactose intolerant patients: randomized trial

Abstract said:
Background: Lactase enzyme supplements and probiotics with high beta-galactosidase activity may be valid treatment options for the lactose intolerance. Aim of this study was to assess whether supplementation with tilactase or Lactobacillus reuteri when compared to placebo affects hydrogen breath excretion and gastrointestinal symptoms in lactose intolerant patients during lactose breath test (H,-LBT).

Methods: Sixty lactose intolerant patients participated in the study and were randomized to three 20 patients-treatment groups: tilactase group (tilactase 15 minutes before control H2-LBT); placebo group (placebo 15 minutes before control H2-LBT); Lactobacillus reuteri group (LR) (LR b.i.d. during 10 days before control H2-LBT). The outcomes were LBT normalization rate, and influences of treatments on both mean maximum hydrogen concentration and clinical score.

Results: LBT normalization rate was significantly higher in tilactase and LR groups with respect to placebo. Tilactase was significantly more effective than LR in achieving LBT normalization (p <0.01). Both significant reduction of mean peak H2 excretion and improvement of the mean clinical score were observed in tilactase and LR groups after treatment with respect to placebo (p <0.0001). Tilactase was significantly more effective than LR in reducing both mean peak hydrogen excretion and mean clinical score.

Conclusions: In lactose intolerants, tilactase strongly improves both LBT results and gastrointestinal symptoms after lactose ingestion with respect to placebo. Lactobacillus reuteri also is effective but lesser than tilactase. This probiotic may represent an interesting treatment option for lactose intolerance since its use is simple and its effect may last in the time after stopping administration.