How To Overcome Lactose/milk Intolerance?

MightyFall

I have been consuming dairy over the years in small/moderate amounts regularly with no unpleasant symptoms or problems. I have't consumed milk in years, but eat yoghurt and cheese regularly. When I did consume more dairy products I didn't experience any ill affects as such...

Since starting a Peat style diet, I have reintroduced milk into my diet and eating more dairy. I've noticed some bloating, chest pains, shortness of breath, gas and constipation. Either I've suddenly developed a dairy intolerance (if so, that sucks) or I can't digest the excessive lactose. Any advice appreciated.

BingDing

Milk differs a lot between different brands and sources. Peat says to find one you like and use that. Sometimes the added vitamins cause a reaction. If you can find grass fed with no additives, either low temp pasteurized or raw, that would be the cleanest. Also, some people can start with a little and increase over time.

Good luck

BingDing

MF, I would modify my answer above to say low temp pasteurization really isn't important in this context. Even UHT is good if you can use it. Milk is such a good source of nutrients without plant toxins, is low in iron and has a good calcium to phosphorus ratio that probably any way you can use it is OK.

aquaman

As above .. test.

But also add in SMALL amounts to 2 of your main daily meals.. like half a cup, and SLOWLY increase over a matter of weeks.

Peat talks about how lactase takes time to develop in the stomach, a few weeks normally if you're not currently drinking it.

Worked for me. If I went too fast, too soon... i'd get the bloat. One day I drank 2 pints of raw organic Goat's milk thinking i'd be fine (after maybe 2 weeks since having started dairy again) and I thought my stomach was going to explode about 3 hours later.

P.G.Marjorie

I would try albendazole for treating all parasites. Usually there is more than one type of parasite in the body.
for example ascariasis:
With relatively heavy infections, impaired absorption of dietary proteins, lactose and vitamin A has been noted, and steatorrhea may occur. One review concluded that Ascaris-free or treated children showed better nutritional status in terms of growth, lactose tolerance, vitamins A and C, and albumin levels than Ascaris-infected children based upon almost 20 years of published cross-sectional and intervention studies from Africa, Asia and South America [15]. This review also found significant improvement in weight or height following therapy for ascariasis.

https://web.stanford.edu/group/parasites/ParaSites2005/Ascaris/JLora_ParaSite.htm

GutFeeling

I would try albendazole for treating all parasites. Usually there is more than one type of parasite in the body.
for example ascariasis:
With relatively heavy infections, impaired absorption of dietary proteins, lactose and vitamin A has been noted, and steatorrhea may occur. One review concluded that Ascaris-free or treated children showed better nutritional status in terms of growth, lactose tolerance, vitamins A and C, and albumin levels than Ascaris-infected children based upon almost 20 years of published cross-sectional and intervention studies from Africa, Asia and South America [15]. This review also found significant improvement in weight or height following therapy for ascariasis.

https://web.stanford.edu/group/parasites/ParaSites2005/Ascaris/JLora_ParaSite.htm
Thanks, worked with me, much better results than expected! Besides the milk I was also feeling bad when I consumed gluten, it was horrible, I felt sleep, pain and hypochloridria, all this was solved and my digestion is better!

Waynish

Thanks, worked with me, much better results than expected! Besides the milk I was also feeling bad when I consumed gluten, it was horrible, I felt sleep, pain and hypochloridria, all this was solved and my digestion is better!
What was your protocol? How much albendazole for how long?

GutFeeling

And everything is fixed? You can now tolerate everything?
Yes. A 20 minutes ago I ate 8 pieces of cake, I feel great. A few days ago, if I did that, after 20 minutes for sure there would be 2 hypotheses: 1 - I would be sleeping. 2- feeling a lot of pain to sleep. I am 100% even more energetic than before eating. I am very impressed and happy! Eating dairy products brings a sense of well-being, and now I can enjoy that feeling without feeling "lactose intolerance." Now in my view lactose intolerance seems to be just another mistake of traditional medicine.

EIRE24

Yes. A 20 minutes ago I ate 8 pieces of cake, I feel great. A few days ago, if I did that, after 20 minutes for sure there would be 2 hypotheses: 1 - I would be sleeping. 2- feeling a lot of pain to sleep. I am 100% even more energetic than before eating. I am very impressed and happy! Eating dairy products brings a sense of well-being, and now I can enjoy that feeling without feeling "lactose intolerance." Now in my view lactose intolerance seems to be just another mistake of traditional medicine.
Where did you purchase the product that helped you? Did you need a prescription? I am looking for something that will help clear out some bacteria that I think is causing stomach upset. Do you think this would help?

GutFeeling

I live in Brazil. Here you do not need to have prescription to buy albendazole, and it is found in most pharmacies. In the recipe is written what he treats, and has no bacteria on the list, but in my case solved hypochloridria which in my view is useful against bacteria. Is this bacterium Heliobacter pylori? I think the secret to the healthy stomach is in hydrochloric acid. Gelatin appears to make a "protective barrier" in the stomach, probably because it contains glycine which helps to produce hcl. A year ago I had frequent stomach pains I used cyproheptadine, betaine hcl and sometimes maytenus icifolia (it is a common plant here in Brazil and it worked). From what I saw on the forum Betaine Hcl seems not to be a good choice because it increases methylation and maytenus icifola seems promising the bad is that it increases the gastric pH but it is anti inflammatory with interesting antibacterial effects and leaves me calm, cyproheptadine also worked, I believe because it reduces stress, this combo cured my gastritis that was caused by hypochlorhydria and also solved the problem I had with H. Pylori. After that I only had hypochloridry when consuming gluten and milk, mostly gluten, this was corrected with albendazole, which is an anti-helminthic drug, and even improved my digestion in general, leading me to believe that I was suffering from verminosis too. *Forgive any writing error.

Waynish

I live in Brazil. Here you do not need to have prescription to buy albendazole, and it is found in most pharmacies. In the recipe is written what he treats, and has no bacteria on the list, but in my case solved hypochloridria which in my view is useful against bacteria. Is this bacterium Heliobacter pylori? I think the secret to the healthy stomach is in hydrochloric acid. Gelatin appears to make a "protective barrier" in the stomach, probably because it contains glycine which helps to produce hcl. A year ago I had frequent stomach pains I used cyproheptadine, betaine hcl and sometimes maytenus icifolia (it is a common plant here in Brazil and it worked). From what I saw on the forum Betaine Hcl seems not to be a good choice because it increases methylation and maytenus icifola seems promising the bad is that it increases the gastric pH but it is anti inflammatory with interesting antibacterial effects and leaves me calm, cyproheptadine also worked, I believe because it reduces stress, this combo cured my gastritis that was caused by hypochlorhydria and also solved the problem I had with H. Pylori. After that I only had hypochloridry when consuming gluten and milk, mostly gluten, this was corrected with albendazole, which is an anti-helminthic drug, and even improved my digestion in general, leading me to believe that I was suffering from verminosis too. *Forgive any writing error.

Curious how your progress has been :)

GutFeeling

Curious how your progress has been :)
Moderate PUFA and starch were the main causes of progress. When I did not have bad eating habits, I did not have much of a problem and the relief was quick (moderate relief in less than a week, with cypro a etc). But bad food affected me easily.I always have some strange reactions to PUFA-rich foods.

Even after that I had problems with PUFA and a bit with too much starch. When baby the infant formula with omega 3 made me very sick, pure cow milk powder not. And soy oil used to prepare food gave me stomach pain and weakness, as well as allergy. Porcine fat was not so bad but it still bothered me a bit and gave me allergy. Both allergies were just a nasal congestion. Butter and beef tallow make me feel good.

I noticed in this whole race that topical magnesium chloride in the abdomen helped with the pain and digestion. Another thing I liked a lot was methylene blue, I got to use more than 100mg a day until I started to feel the effect of serotonin toxicity, to relieve I used cypro, but since I used methylene blue my health has changed, it's like I ceased to be supersensitive, probably due to the removal of nitric oxide. Currently I avoid using more than 600mcg of MB, I think low dose is enough now.

Nowadays I'm fine, I feed on beef, milk, fruit, coffee, sugar, potatoes and sometimes eggs or spaghetti. I can already eat starch without much trouble.
Also supplement complex b, zinc, magnesium chloride ( as deodorant), and salt.

jet9

Moderate PUFA and starch were the main causes of progress. When I did not have bad eating habits, I did not have much of a problem and the relief was quick (moderate relief in less than a week, with cypro a etc). But bad food affected me easily.I always have some strange reactions to PUFA-rich foods.

Even after that I had problems with PUFA and a bit with too much starch. When baby the infant formula with omega 3 made me very sick, pure cow milk powder not. And soy oil used to prepare food gave me stomach pain and weakness, as well as allergy. Porcine fat was not so bad but it still bothered me a bit and gave me allergy. Both allergies were just a nasal congestion. Butter and beef tallow make me feel good.

I noticed in this whole race that topical magnesium chloride in the abdomen helped with the pain and digestion. Another thing I liked a lot was methylene blue, I got to use more than 100mg a day until I started to feel the effect of serotonin toxicity, to relieve I used cypro, but since I used methylene blue my health has changed, it's like I ceased to be supersensitive, probably due to the removal of nitric oxide. Currently I avoid using more than 600mcg of MB, I think low dose is enough now.

Nowadays I'm fine, I feed on beef, milk, fruit, coffee, sugar, potatoes and sometimes eggs or spaghetti. I can already eat starch without much trouble.
Also supplement complex b, zinc, magnesium chloride ( as deodorant), and salt.

What role albendazole played in your progress?
Did you take it only 1 time for 3 days? Or is it needed to take from time to time, like every 6 months?

GutFeeling

Yes, 400mg for 3 days
I currently use albendazole or mebendazole as a preventive every 4 months.

Peat thinks that flowers of sulphur are good for worms and safe, but I have no idea of the effectiveness compared to these remedies.

Cirion

How would I go about convincing a Dr. to prescribe me albendazole if I wanted to try this? I have sublimed sulfur on hand actually, what is the dosage of this to provide a similar effect? I got massive brain fog when I tried a very small pinch of sulfur and haven't touched it since...

RisingSun

What’s the widest-range antiparasitic drug one could use?

Is Albendazole as wide killing as it gets? Or is it very specific to only a few parasites/worms?

My stool tests have reveiled some giardia and h pylori but I’m sure it can’t fully screen the extent of all parasite species.

So far I’ve tried:

Iodine
Turpentine
Colloidal silver
Borax

With some success but I relapse quickly as soon as I drink milk or eat gluten.

Albendazole doesn’t seem to affect gut flora. Only side may be slight liver toxicity as all Zole drugs