How to organize everything you've learned from Peat and this forum.

RealNeat

I found myself learning a lot from both sources and one of the most annoying things was forgetting important nuggets of information. I would search for certain issues or just out of curiosity, bookmark things and move along. I found this to be messy and unreliable for quick access. Afterall one has to remember to remember and when reading the entire day between Ray and the forum it can get pretty crowded.

I have been using Notion per Danny Roddys recommendation for certain things, making podcast notes, resources etc. Ive come to the conclusion that its also very appropriate for forum matters.

The Notion entries are very customizable. Categorizing info in a detailed yet easily accessible fashion is a game changer. It makes "forum surfing" much more productive and educational imo. It also makes it easier to connect dots.

If youve found efficient methods or programs to do the things Ive listed please share.

piro444

Peachy

I found myself learning a lot from both sources and one of the most annoying things was forgetting important nuggets of information. I would search for certain issues or just out of curiosity, bookmark things and move along. I found this to be messy and unreliable for quick access. Afterall one has to remember to remember and when reading the entire day between Ray and the forum it can get pretty crowded.

I have been using Notion per Danny Roddys recommendation for certain things, making podcast notes, resources etc. Ive come to the conclusion that its also very appropriate for forum matters.

The Notion entries are very customizable. Categorizing info in a detailed yet easily accessible fashion is a game changer. It makes "forum surfing" much more productive and educational imo. It also makes it easier to connect dots.

If youve found efficient methods or programs to do the things Ive listed please share.
Thanks for sharing. Notion looks promising! I think at one point Danny Roddy was using Evernote (unless I'm confusing him with someone else). I tried it but found it cumbersome. I don't know if it's the program itself, or if I have trouble organizing such interwoven concepts.

yerrag

I find having Ray's body of work available at my fingertips and sesrchable based on keywords very helpful.

I once thought this site can provide that, but search results often give me duds, and I end up frustrated having to comb through search results with nothing to show that is useful. It is a combination of search engine sub-optimality, and unsubstantiated opinions from newbies (and oldies as well) who have not studied Peat's ideas enough to be credible enough). That said, it is magnitudes better than curezone.org and better than waddling through Pubmed where 3/4 of the contents is Talmudist-financed gaslighting.

A good resource I tap into is my collection of Ray Peat's newsletters and books, which I have in a folder in my phone. I use a search engine app to search keywords, and I find it extremely helpful to do a deep dive.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

I find having Ray's body of work available at my fingertips and sesrchable based on keywords very helpful.

I once thought this site can provide that, but search results often give me duds, and I end up frustrated having to comb through search results with nothing to show that is useful. It is a combination of search engine sub-optimality, and unsubstantiated opinions from newbies (and oldies as well) who have not studied Peat's ideas enough to be credible enough). That said, it is magnitudes better than curezone.org and better than waddling through Pubmed where 3/4 of the contents is Talmudist-financed gaslighting.

A good resource I tap into is my collection of Ray Peat's newsletters and books, which I have in a folder in my phone. I use a search engine app to search keywords, and I find it extremely helpful to do a deep dive.
I think incorporating Rays books and articles into the Notion platform can also be useful. It would be word/ topic searching your own well researched entries + Rays, which might provide wholesome answers and further connecting of the dots.

Throwing the few other Ray based search engines in there can also be great (like Bioenergetic Search ). It would be cool if Danny allowed public access to his culmination of info that he uses in Livestreams.

gabys225

Whenever I find something useful here or on any site I use a tool to take a screenshot, and save it in the appropriate folder on my desktop. This means things have 1 "tag" only (the folder I created for them) and browsing through the assortment of saved information often brings new ideas to mind, and reminds me about important things that have fallen through the cracks.

yerrag

I think incorporating Rays books and articles into the Notion platform can also be useful. It would be word/ topic searching your own well researched entries + Rays, which might provide wholesome answers and further connecting of the dots.

Throwing the few other Ray based search engines in there can also be great (like Bioenergetic Search ). It would be cool if Danny allowed public access to his culmination of info that he uses in Livestreams.

Thanks. I've downloaded it as an app for my own use and it doesn't cost me except for the time exploring its usefulness.

I was hoping it would be similar to an application pre-smartphone and around the time of Microsoft Windows hegemony. called The Brain, or something like that name, where I could organize better as it's more intuitive and allows thoughts and concepts and bits of info to be tied together easily.

A good app would be one where organizing and structuring information should not get in the way of generating sparks of ideas. I feel that a piece of paper and pen does that better, but this approach is bulky.

cs3000

i write down notes that stood out to me out in a word file & add a link to study or post or copy paste text if its relevant. & results of experimenting with stuff. then ctrl+f to search for compound in the future if im looking into it again. or an aspect of health ctrl+f "ulcers" etc

its messy but good enough e.g looks like

BACTERIOPHAGES / PHAGE THERAPY - good to take with or after food poisoning , if can get mix of phages that target ecoli or salmonella
- field needs developing so all the strains are released that can target many different harmful bacteria strains
- harmful strains of ecoli cause diarrhea
next lvl of antiobiotics - bacteria targeting viruses found in nature. targeted to certain forms of strains. they replicate in bacteria cells only until theyre dead. introduced pre-ww1 russia?
myoviridae vary a lot , with different targets
"phages T4, F1, B40-8, and VD13 lysed only their susceptible bacteria E. coli, Clostridium sporogenes, Bacteroides fragilis and Enterococcus faecalis, respectively"
AB-SA01 ? for staphylococcus?
**so basically if u have ecoli infection , this will be effective (current formulations on market) , if not would need to try other cocktail diff target of harmful strains
?also degraded by digestive enzymes - so how to take?
Myoviridae survive pH 2 - 7 (so should be good on empty stomach)
Siphoviridae sensitive to low pH
The five phages tested in this study were evaluated for their stability in low pH conditions (Figure 3). All phages remained stable at pH 5, 6, and 7, and all except JK16 were shown to retain their infectivity at pH 4, with no significant impact on phage titer (Figure 3A). JK16 exhibited a two-log reduction in efficiency of plaquing at pH 4 and at pH 3 it was undetectable
https://www.mdpi.com/2076-2607/9/9/1869/htm
empty stomach = high acid , after eating = digestive enzymes , one study activity of a certain type went to zero around 3pH
one man treated antiobiotic resistant strain in case report. rodent study took out bacteria infection in lung in vivo.
PHAGE Study: Effects of Supplemental Bacteriophage Intake on Inflammation and Gut Microbiota in Healthy Adults this one shows reduction in ecoli counts by 28 days . doesnt really effect inflammatory markers. but study was in healthy adults.
Really they are made to target specific bacteria - need to mix a cocktail of them
"All 13 modern trials concluded that phage therapy was safe. Six of the 13 modern trials were exclusively safety trials. Seven modern trials investigated both safety and efficacy; efficacy was observed in two. Two of three historical trials did not comment on safety, while adverse effects in the third likely reflected the use
of phage preparations contaminated with bacterial debris.
None of the historical trials contained evidence of efficacy. The evidence from trials is that phage therapy is safe. For efficacy to be observed a therapeutic amount of the right phage(s) must be delivered to the right place to treat infections containing enough susceptible bacterial cells. Trials that have not demonstrated efficacy have not
fulfilled one or more elements of this principle

preforpro / florassist patent formula,
60% of people reported increased bowel movements http://drtaylorwallace.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/The-PHAGE-Study-Results.pdf [study funded by creator]

GINGER
dried ginger gingerols turn to shogaols , similar effects
ginger lowers ulcers caused by aspirin
2g ginger reduces blood sugar baseline in diabetes. it is significant reducer of oxidative stress by increasing the antioxidant enzymes , at a couple grams human dose works against colitis ,
reduces MDA aldehyde levels well
Adding ginger to the diet significantly increased the activities
of antioxidant enzymes (p < 0.05) at the intestinal and gastric
mucosa of rats, demonstrating enhanced protective effects
against oxidative stress - protects gut against oxidative stress
maybe 25mg polyphenol compounds per gram , but actually INCREASES iron absorption

Two hundred fifty mg of Ginger extract (equivalent to 1.5 gm of pure ginger powder) was given to patients in powder form orally twice daily after meals for 30 days.
Groups increase in % after 30 days Hb Iron TIBC Ferritin
Anemic Patients with iron and ginger supplements 8.23% 19.63% 7.23% 45.11%
Anemic Patients with iron supplements 2.3% 5.54% 4.47% 34.11%
also improved red blood count higher in iron + ginger
also Effects of Aqueous Ginger Extract on Some Hematology Parameters, Serum Iron, Ferritin, and Total Iron Binding Capacity in Male Mice (Mus musculus L.) | Open Access Macedonian Journal of Medical Sciences

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom