How to obtain physical copies of Peat's books?

EchoTango

On his site it says "Although we removed the page for ordering books several months ago, there's still a backlog of orders, so there can be a very long delay, but the orders are still being filled."

This implies that there were recently books for sale. Copies appear to be rare from second hand sellers.

How can I get my hands on his books? I have read much of the material online, but physical copies are so important, especially given the current campaign of mass internet censorship.

I am imagining us as scholars saving scrolls from a burning library. Just trying to absorb and preserve what we can.

Thanks.

Maljam

That message on his site has been there literally years. Your best bet would be to email him and ask I think.

You can find his books online as pdfs and save them to your computer if you were worried about the information being deleted.

Mito

On his site it says "Although we removed the page for ordering books several months ago, there's still a backlog of orders, so there can be a very long delay, but the orders are still being filled."

This implies that there were recently books for sale. Copies appear to be rare from second hand sellers.

How can I get my hands on his books? I have read much of the material online, but physical copies are so important, especially given the current campaign of mass internet censorship.

I am imagining us as scholars saving scrolls from a burning library. Just trying to absorb and preserve what we can.

Thanks.
Email [email protected]

itchaboyagain

Thanks.
You can also print out PDFs with printme1.com

B

Blaze

Thanks.
Based on my experience many books should still be available. I saw the titles and prices he had listed at his bookstore: Ray Peat They don't cost much and really are a steal. Just do what I did and snail mail him a check for the books you would like. I paid in advance via snail mail for all of the listed Ray Peat books.

In October of 2020 whoever it was that responded via email was very polite got back to me promptly to let me know what books he had in stock. And offered me electronic copies for the ones he didn't have in paperback. As of October he had all the books in print which they mailed to me, except Generative Energy. They sent that to me in electronic format. See their email response to me below and their bookstore list of titles and prices:

You recently ordered 1 each of Ray Peat’s books however, “Generative Energy” is currently out of print in paperback. It is available as an E-book if you would like to get that instead. Attached is a list of his e-books, a list of digitally available back-issues of his Newsletter which are $2/copy as well as a recent copy of his Newsletter. Please ask for any of these items you are interested in as you very generously gave more than the value of your purchase.

Thank You, and Best Wishes

Books by Ray Peat

FROM PMS TO MENOPAUSE: FEMALE HORMONES IN CONTEXT

Understanding the subject of female sexuality and health scientifically means going against the current of both conventional medicine and alternative medicine. In this book a variety of problem areas affecting women from childhood to old age are considered in detail.

Table of Contents:
Part One: Estrogen in Context / Estrogen: The pill-simply dangerous. / Estrogen: The hoax of "replacement"/ Aging ovaries: Not the eggs. / Menopause and its causes. / Not the "female hormone."/ Just one problem: Clots

Part Two: Progesterone in Context / Symptoms that respond to progesterone therapy. / The origins of progesterone therapy/ Antiaging hormones: Steroids in general. / Youth-associated hormones / Thyroid. / Progesterone's biological generality. / Dosage. / An efficient oral therapy / Transdermal therapy for PMS / The progesterone deceptions

Part Three: "Mysterious" Diseases in Context / Preserving tissues: Osteoporosis and the skin / Natural hormones and arthritis / The cervical cancer scare and other approaches to cancer / Warburg's cancer theory and thyroid / Migraine, varicose veins, and epilepsy / Nerves / Alzheimer's disease / Eclampsia in the real organism

Part Four: Some Products in Context / Estriol & phytoestrogens / Using sunlight to enhance life / Unsaturated oils: Toxic and estrogenic / The dangers of iron: Exacerbated by estrogen / Coconut oil / A logical diet / conclusion

$12 plus $3.00 shipping.

PROGESTERONE IN ORTHOMOLECULAR MEDICINE.

This book discusses the use of progesterone as it relates to hormone imbalances, and also describes some common signs and symptoms of thyroid and progesterone deficiencies.

Table of Contents : Progesterone's biological generality / Steroids / Thyroid / Warburg's cancer theory, cachexia, and thyroid therapy / The cervical cancer scare / Menopause and its causes / Dosage of progesterone / The progesterone deceptions / Origins of progesterone therapy / Transdermal progesterone for premenstrual syndrome / A list of signs and symptoms that respond to progesterone therapy / An efficient oral therapy

$6 plus $3.00 shipping.

GENERATIVE ENERGY: PROTECTING AND RESTORING THE WHOLENESS OF LIFE.

The general scientific and biological information that makes possible a nutritional and therapeutic reorientation.

Table of Contents:
Part One: Aspects of Wholeness Aspects of wholeness / Another view of evolution / Vernadsky's holistic science / The centrality of anticipation / The life of nature / The ex-rainforests of the Pacific northwest.

Part Two: Energy Problems / A unifying principle / Steroids / Thyroid / The stress of darkness / Pregnenolone / Restoring hair color / Arthritis and hormone balancing / The carpal tunnel syndrome / The premenstrual syndrome / Restoring fertility.

Part Three: Regenerating Knowledge / Youth, energy, and regeneration / The tradition of truth / The expanding earth.

$10 plus $3.00 shipping. This publication is currently Out Of Stock

MIND AND TISSUE: RUSSIAN RESEARCH PERSPECTIVES ON THE HUMAN BRAIN.

This book offers new perspectives for expanding our scientific traditions.

Table of Contents : Introductions by Stanley Krippner and Peter Marin / In the spirit of matter / The image / The orienting reflex / Reflecting conditions / Doubleness and perspective / Sexual energy and the cortex of the brain / Group energy / Scrotum, brain and biological order / A visual scanning system and intentionality / Inhibition and recuperation / Hyperactivity / Implied therapeutic approaches / Ideas on electrons in cells / Brain and magnetic fields /Effect of person / Resolution and transformation / Dream energy / The flow of energy into the world / About objective consciousness (no duality) / End of science? / More generous perception

$10 plus $3.00 shipping.

NUTRITION FOR WOMEN

This book contains 92 short articles focusing on topics pertaining to women's health, for example, pregnancy, aging, weight loss, arthritis, nutrition and hormones, premenstrual tension, menopause, and stress.

Table of Contents : Sections on hormones, stress, aging, some diseases, pregnancy and children, diets, the future (philosophical and political issues)

$10 plus $3.00 shipping.

For all orders of books please send check or money order (along with name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address) to:
Raymond Peat
P.O. Box 5764
Eugene, OR 97405

Last edited by a moderator:

livesimply

So I thought this might be helpful for anyone wanting to read Ray's books on a Kindle (Paperwhite or otherwise) and have the money go to Ray Peat :). Here is a list of available eBooks, sizes and prices:

Books by Raymond Peat, PhD Five Titles Available Digitally – PDF Format

1. Mind and Tissue: Russian Research Perspectives on the Human Brain 2,112 KB $5
2. Nutrition for Women 1,638 KB $5
3. Generative Energy: Restoring the Wholeness of Life 1,392 KB $5
4. Progesterone in Orthomolecular Medicine 727 KB $4
5. From PMS to Menopause: Female Hormones in Context 1,795 KB $6
If you have a PayPal account you can send payment to: [email protected] and note which book(s) you want. After they receive the payment, they’ll email the copy to you. If you don’t have an account with PayPal they’ll send a link.

Yes, the books are available for free from places like the Internet Archive, but this way RP reaps the benefits for his work.

Then follow the directions here: How to convert a PDF file for your Kindle to convert to a document that allows you change the font, etc. on your Kindle to read more easily. Works like a charm!

OP
EchoTango

EchoTango

@Blaze
Thanks for your comprehensive reply. Excellent value!
Hopefully I'll be spending the rest of winter reading the physical books.

@livesimply this is also an excellent resource for the ebook lovers.

Ray's work is certainly a gift that keeps giving, so some monetary support toward that ought to contribute to our overall generative energy as a whole :)

Rish

So I thought this might be helpful for anyone wanting to read Ray's books on a Kindle (Paperwhite or otherwise) and have the money go to Ray Peat :). Here is a list of available eBooks, sizes and prices:

Books by Raymond Peat, PhD Five Titles Available Digitally – PDF Format

1. Mind and Tissue: Russian Research Perspectives on the Human Brain 2,112 KB $5
2. Nutrition for Women 1,638 KB $5
3. Generative Energy: Restoring the Wholeness of Life 1,392 KB $5
4. Progesterone in Orthomolecular Medicine 727 KB $4
5. From PMS to Menopause: Female Hormones in Context 1,795 KB $6
If you have a PayPal account you can send payment to: [email protected] and note which book(s) you want. After they receive the payment, they’ll email the copy to you. If you don’t have an account with PayPal they’ll send a link.

Yes, the books are available for free from places like the Internet Archive, but this way RP reaps the benefits for his work.

Then follow the directions here: How to convert a PDF file for your Kindle to convert to a document that allows you change the font, etc. on your Kindle to read more easily. Works like a charm!
I would like to order some of his books. Is anyone still selling them?